MichaelMF

Montreal Interview Time Frame

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all,

Well, our journey has progressed to the point that my application has been mailed to the Montreal consulate. It's been taking forever. I called the NVC yesterday since it's been a month since we got our approval. They told me the application was sent to the consulate on November 7th. I emailed the consulate to get an idea of how long it'll take. I got an autoresponder saying it'll take 8 weeks (!) to process the application. Now I'm worried that once I get my interview date it'll be sometime in April.

Can any of my fellow Canucks give me a rough idea of the time frame for the interview? I had hoped to be in the States by Christmas but that look unlikely now.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

8 weeks to process!? Wow. We're about on the same timeline....we got NOA2 about 30 days ago. I haven't called NVC to follow up yet. I'll do that by this weekend and let you know if we get the same answer. I was thinking by late mid-late February was a more realistic timeline to be moved over to the states....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't sweat, I just went through it, does not take near as long as they prepare you for!

Once I had notice that my package was on it's way to Montreal, it took about 2 weeks for me to get my packet 3 by regular mail.

I sent my packet 3 back the same day (via email), and within two days of that I received my packet 4 via email. That evening I was able to book and confirm my appointment online.

My appointment was made on September 27th and the appointment date I got was November 9th (yesterday).

So basically you are looking at up to two months until your appointment date.

They tell you that it can take up to 6 months for your appointment and they also tell you that it can take up to 6 weeks to process your P3. Don't let that alarm you, as my p3 was processed in 2 days and I only had to wait about 6 weeks for the appointment.

One piece of advice for Montreal... they will require a photocopy of your birth certificate (I copied both sides) and a photocopy of your passports bio metrics page. Nowhere in any of the paperwork will they tell you to bring this, but they do require it, so make sure you are prepared!

I also recommend making your appointment as early as possible and being there early. I got there about 45 minutes before my appointment (which was scheduled for 7:30) and I was the first in line, but within 15 minutes about 20 more people showed up. They don't actually open the doors until 7:30 and they don't start processing anyone until 8am. I'm so glad I got there when I did otherwise it could have taken several hours. I was approved at out the door by 9am.

Good luck and congrats on the final leg of the journey!

Edited by FOSSLGRL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, when you register for your appointment on the website, you will be prompted to select the location (I believe it's a Canada post office) where you would like to have your package delivered. For an extra 20 bucks you can have it sent directly to your house, but I am cheap and would rather know exactly when I am getting it so I decided pick-up is better. Apparently they will phone or email you once it is in but you can also check the tracking info online.

BTW I just wrote a review on the review's page about my interview details... if you would like some more insight into how the procedure will go.

Cheers and happy to help!

Have you checked your ceac status to see if your case is in Montréal? (Be aware the consulate will be closed tomorrow.) I doubt there will be interviews open before Christmas, generally k1 can book 1-3 months out but December is always finicky. You may get lucky and someone may cancel too.

Once Montréal has your case you can send them the P3 and book your interview as soon as you have the p4.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

If it says ready you can dl the packet 3 yourself and email it off.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.