96 posts in this topic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass the popcorn plz.

I read it that way too MBP.

J

5_8_5.gifCome on Jackie, share my popcorn and we will wait for clarification. Just don't pop "Not Without My Daughter" in the DVD player while we wait, deal?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Timeline
Pass the popcorn plz.

I read it that way too MBP.

J

There is no other way to read it. Only Muslims kidnap babies, clearly.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Timeline

I read the book years ago, and just last year watched the movie with Mohammed. I found the book to be MUCH better!

I was just thinking about my marriage compared to past relationships. I feel I have more freedoms now due to complete trust and respect. I think those 2 components were lacking greatly in my experiences with men of other faiths than Islam. With Mohammed, he never questions where I have been, or who I talked to. He trusts me and in turn I trust him, 100%. He would never think to raise a hand to me. So...to keep on topic----I love my muslim husband. (L)

Jackie (F)

I read the book years ago, and just last year watched the movie with Mohammed. I found the book to be MUCH better!

That;s because the book didn't have Sally Fields. :lol:

Betty Mahmoody had a horrible experience. No one deny that. But the fact that her husband was Muslim is accidental. And everyone seems to forget that while her husband was a jerk, there were dozens and dozens of other Muslims who helped her in the situation.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

u know sisters... sometimes i cant blame them for what they hear!! most muslims now dont even practice their religion and that causes ill-representation of us and the thing that is even worse than that... . wen i guy is soo religious and u can tell from the way he looks and goes and does things that are soo not islamic and claim thats how it is... like beating their wives or being abusive in any way. In my opinion that is even worse than not practicing at all!!!!!!! if i was a non muslim i wd be shocked and backed off from these bad examples. but i shud be wise enuff also to read and find out myself. since Islam is perfect, muslims are not. thats why i always remind myself, im going to be a figure that represents Islam. i wear hijab so i will have to watch my every move. i love my religion and i will not stand sending a wrong msg to anyone not even muslims themselves over there.

what i wd ask americans to do is remember that in every religion sinners exist they do not represent the religion)!! and just becoz they sin doesnt mean the religion is bad or these group of ppl are bad!!!

lyrics.jpg

I guess my marriage to a Muslim/Arab man was the exception as he fullfilled just about every stereotype there is of the Muslim/Arab man....I am thankfully divorced(since jan) and managed to keep all my kids with me even though I still live in his country. I think every marriage no matter who or where the two partners come from....still has only a 50/50 chance of making it....it sucks when one side is determined to make it as miserable as possible from the onset. I truly am happy when I see happily married couples(from wherever) as that gives me hope that not all marriages are made in Hell.... :(

Good luck to every couple on here....may you be blessed with patience, compassion, and the everlasting ability to "not sweat the small stuff" :thumbs:

The things that have come out of peoples mouths many times made me want to smack them.

Not any more may I add, but I did hear the most horrific things from people when they found out back in the days that I was dating a Muslim when Adiel and I first met.

The famous one " have you seen not with out my daughter?"

2. "He will have many wives"

3. "You will be forced to look like a ninja wearing that black thing all your life"

4. " What number wife will you be?"

5. " He will take you to his country and leave you there"

6. "If you have kids he will take them away from you and you will never see them again"

My boss' son in law made my life a living hell by saying all these rude and derogatory comments against muslims. I nearly ended up in the hospital because he made me into a nervous wreck. I constantly had to have an on going battle to defend my marriage with him around. He had a hard time accepting the fact that I married a non hispanic and a Muslim at that. At the time I only took his ####### because I had just started working there and I badly needed the job. Plus I felt that if I said any thing about his treatment I would not get any where as it was a family business.

Finally a year latter I got to the point where I could not tolerate his talking about me hehind my back pressing racist and anti muslim comments. One day I just blew when he said something that cut my last straw. I then marched right into his office and let him have it. He had the nerve to say that he did not understand why I was so up set at first ! Every thing he ever said to me from day 1, I returned to him one by one using his words but in reverse order. I began with well to help you understand how would you like it if I said every thing that you have said about me the other way around? For example how would you like it if I said that your wife has many husbands and she gets shagged by them nightly and she enjoys it because she is of a certain religion. I kept going on till I said every thing I had bottled up insdie of me. Then his jaw dropped and he shut it =0). He has not said any thing since.... or maybe he does he just does a better job of keeping it to him self.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How about "Once your married he won't respect you."

I still remember the funniest thing my friend Jessica said, "If he's an A-*** tell him to stay there because we don't need more. We already have enough here."

Ummm.. I think I'm going to start a positive warm fuzzy thread. Before marriage for nearly a year I got my ears chewed by the family and friends and I heard all these same things before. I just feel I really need to hear the good points and stories in ppls relationships.

Olivia :luv:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've heard the same things, when i went to morocco. And now unfortunatly none of my family approves of my marriage, and won't come to the wedding. And he is not allowed in their house. I'm so hurt by everything every one has said. I just don't know where to begin. His family is so loving. I've had some financial difficulties this summer due to the fact i couldn't work cause i had surgery, and his brother has been there for me. Sent me money to help with the bills, and offered anytime i need something to call. Now if his brother were someone bad, would they stop to help me? I don't think so. People are so damn dumb once in a while.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Other Timeline

I have had to deal with my share of stereotypes too in dealing with my mom - it is amazing how ignorant a woman with a master's degree(my mom) can be about geography and culture. I think she will definitely accept and come to love G when she gets to know him(how could you not? :wub: ) but sometimes she is just so ignorant and 'America first', can't conceive that other cultures have the same worth as America... My husband is not from MENA but to so many Americans like my mom he might as well be - I wear salwar kameez and once she called them 'burqas' :lol: . My mom's world map goes something like this: West to East: America, Europe, 'those countries which produce oil'(which includes India and Nepal) :lol: , and the Far East(China/Japan). Once we were in a Punjabi restaurant in Fresno and there was a group of Sikh men in turbans, I saw my mom tense up and when we were in the car I knew I would have to explain Sikhism to her or she would think there were terrorists in the 'hood. We had a conversation yesterday in fact and she was complaining about how I don't tell her much about my life(I have not told her about my marriage yet, she thinks we are engaged) but it is so hard - I have to be so patient because she says the most ignorant things sometimes.

On the subject of stereotypes about Americans, I think the most common is that American women are quick to divorce on a whim - I have encountered this in Italy and Nepal.

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am also amazed many times at how ignorant and uneducated some of the "educated" people are in United States. Most Americans automatically assume that anybody wearing a turban is a Muslim. While the reality is that 99% of the people who wear turban in U.S. are Sikhs. When I was in a high school, a girl once asked me whether I am Arab. I answered "I am from India". She replied "Yeah, but are you Arab". I think that Americans should be required to take a geography course at the high school level which would teach them whether all the countries of the world are located and the different cultures and religions of those people.

I have had to deal with my share of stereotypes too in dealing with my mom - it is amazing how ignorant a woman with a master's degree(my mom) can be about geography and culture. I think she will definitely accept and come to love G when she gets to know him(how could you not? :wub: ) but sometimes she is just so ignorant and 'America first', can't conceive that other cultures have the same worth as America... My husband is not from MENA but to so many Americans like my mom he might as well be - I wear salwar kameez and once she called them 'burqas' :lol: . My mom's world map goes something like this: West to East: America, Europe, 'those countries which produce oil'(which includes India and Nepal) :lol: , and the Far East(China/Japan). Once we were in a Punjabi restaurant in Fresno and there was a group of Sikh men in turbans, I saw my mom tense up and when we were in the car I knew I would have to explain Sikhism to her or she would think there were terrorists in the 'hood. We had a conversation yesterday in fact and she was complaining about how I don't tell her much about my life(I have not told her about my marriage yet, she thinks we are engaged) but it is so hard - I have to be so patient because she says the most ignorant things sometimes.

On the subject of stereotypes about Americans, I think the most common is that American women are quick to divorce on a whim - I have encountered this in Italy and Nepal.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

I think that Americans should be required to take a geography course at the high school level which would teach them whether all the countries of the world are located and the different cultures and religions of those people.

There are nearly 200 countries in the world and I am guessing that there are even more religious groups and 'cultures'. Who do you think think should get to decide the curriculem?

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

I think that Americans should be required to take a geography course at the high school level which would teach them whether all the countries of the world are located and the different cultures and religions of those people.

There are nearly 200 countries in the world and I am guessing that there are even more religious groups and 'cultures'. Who do you think think should get to decide the curriculem?

The curriculem should at least be made so that people learn at least the BASICS of the world that they live in. I have seen this time and time again where US american citizens have one basic little map implanted in their head and it's really sad beacause they really dont know much of the rest of the word. There is more to the world than the US but many dont have a clue of what goes on in the world they live in. Example of American geography in the viewo below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

also

GEOGRAPHY SURVEY

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/05/02/geog.test/

Thirty-three percent of respondents couldn't pinpoint Louisiana on a map.

Fewer than three in 10 think it important to know the locations of countries in the news and just 14 percent believe speaking another language is a necessary skill.

Two-thirds didn't know that the earthquake that killed 70,000 people in October 2005 occurred in Pakistan.

Six in 10 could not find Iraq on a map of the Middle East.

Forty-seven percent could not find the Indian subcontinent on a map of Asia.

Seventy-five percent were unable to locate Israel on a map of the Middle East.

Nearly three-quarters incorrectly named English as the most widely spoken native language.

Six in 10 did not know the border between North and South Korea is the most heavily fortified in the world.

Thirty percent thought the most heavily fortified border was between the United States and Mexico.

Source: The Associated Press

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.