otmy0023

DS-3025 has checkmarks, no dates except for Influenza (AOS for K-1)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello,

Like many, I am having trouble understanding if I need to hold off on sending my spouse's AOS, to print out an I-693 and get him to a civil surgeon.

For starters, I have reviewed: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/, and am unsure whether the required vaccines require dates, or if checkmarks/waiver codes are okay, and IF the latter, is any code okay.

None of the required vaccines in the linked before has any of the date columns filled out, other than Influenza. He had a flu shot on the medical exam back in August. Hepatitis B also has dates. The remaining rows are a mix of checkmarks/waiver codes, and unchecked:

DT/DTP/DTap--A

Td--D

Tdap--A

OPV--A

IPV--UNCHECKED

MMR--D

Measles--UNCHECKED

Mumps--UNCHECKED

Rota Teq--UNCHECKED

Rotarix--A

Hepatitis A--A

Hepatitis B--contains dates from '08-'09

MCV4--A

Other MCV conjugate--UNCHECKED

Varicella Vaccine--UNCHECKED

Varicella History--VH

PCV7--UNCHECKED

PCV10--UNCHECKED

PCV13--UNCHECKED

PPSV23--A

The unchecked items seem to be redundant to other checked vaccines, not sure if he'd need any of the measles/mumps/rubella boxes checked so long as MMR is checked, since it contains all three. But some of the waiver codes he got were not mentioned in the above post. I have no idea if any waiver code is acceptable, or if some waiver codes, like the VH, would generate an RFE. VH is not included in the legend on the form, so I have no idea what this means.

Also, in part 2., the doctor checked off "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket Waiver). One final fun tidbit: page one labels the form as DS-2025, page 2 says DS-3025.

So, I'm not sure whether part 2 overrides those items that were unchecked, or if there's an inappropriate mix of checks/waiver codes, or if he just needs every single vaccine checked off.

Can I send in this vaccination history in lieu of the I-693, or should I fill out the I-693 as indicated in the guides, and have him bring everything to a civil surgeon? Thanks for any help you can provide.

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If it is marked complete then you should have everything you need for AOS regarding the medical.

My husbands is marked complete so we are not sending the I-693.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Thank you for your reply, I'll give it a shot with the vaccine record form. That will save some time and money.

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.