Dr_LHA

Boots cosmetics

89 posts in this topic

Hey,

I went to Target tonight and noticed that they had a whole section of Boots cosmetics now, all imported from the UK. I must admit I did a bit of a double take seeing the Boots logo on a big display in Target!

Just though some of the ex-pat Brits here would like to know.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they've had them for a while at some Target stores. They must be expanding the number of stores now or something.

Guess so. I've never noticed them until tonight, and I'm pretty observant. Perhaps they've decided to go wide with Boots stuff after an initial trial. Must be very wide considering I live in the middle of bumf*ck Egypt.

Well.....what Boots cosmetics would be noteworthy? Worth seeking out?

Well probably only noteworthy in the way that Brits abroad pining for stuff from home would appreciate it. However I love their botanical facial scrubs, and I'm secure in my manhood enough to admit that! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Depends on the location. They started with a test area and not sure that they have expanded much beyond that - yet. I've been waiting/looking/watching for about a year.

oooh, interesting! :dance: that is me walking off to the store... Why dont they have a walking man??? Or am I just that blind (the more possibe choice ;) )

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Just came back from a visit home (unaccompanied, unfortunately) and I am happy to report that there is a big Boots section at the Target in Orange, CT. My mom was soooo happy because there is also a selection of Sanctuary bath items, which she is nuts about. Seems to be a lot of No.7 and Botanics stuff mostly though.

Oooh, just checked and you can buy online!!! http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=i...p;node=13827141

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

very very cool!

Just had an idea to give my bridesmaids for their gifts!

British spa treatment stuff!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

That's great to know, I'll check out my local Target, I always liked Boots stuff as I'm often allergic to make up and they do a good hypo-allergic range. Thanks for telling everyone.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That's great to know, I'll check out my local Target, I always liked Boots stuff as I'm often allergic to make up and they do a good hypo-allergic range. Thanks for telling everyone.

Yup, Boots has been in the DC area Target's for about a year now. Quite a shock when I first saw it. But a good one! I used to love Boots when I was in Wales.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ha HA! I'm already sitting on a substantial stash of Boots' Curling Creme in my basement! bwa ha ha... you won't catch ME short!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.