MrsBoateng29

Police Reports

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

here's info straight from the reciprocity page on the dept of state website. Looks like the "Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE."

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

Police, Court, Prison Records
Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

Great link, I wish people would reference it more. Everything anyone wants to know about police clearances from other countries....

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this thread, please note that the uae now provides police reports even if you are not physically there. I got mine online. This cannot be waived by the embassy now as Dubai does provide the clearance.

Timeline

Reading this thread, please note that the uae now provides police reports even if you are not physically there. I got mine online. This cannot be waived by the embassy now as Dubai does provide the clearance.

Do you have a link to demonstrate this?

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Timeline

I don't think this is reasonable

For those outside the country, you will have to get fingerprints taken at any police station within the country of residence. After this, you will have to attest the fingerprint card by the UAE embassy in the country of residence.

Once the attestation has been done, you can send the application along with the required documents to the General Directorate of Abu Dhabi Police.

The total fee for those applying outside the UAE is Dh533. This includes good conduct certificate (Dh53), translation to English (Dh100), accreditation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Dh300), accreditation by the Ministry of Interior (Dh50) and an Empost charge of (Dh30).

Documents that you will require to apply include:

(1) Emirates ID

(2) Passport (original and a copy)

(3) Letter requesting the certificate

(4) One photograph

(5) A UAE residency visa is needed in case the applicant is outside the country.

The UAEs Ministry of Interior (MoI) announced last year that residents may apply for the certificate through the Ministrys website (www.moi.gov.ae) and their smartphone application, UAE-MOI.

K1 VISA

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

Still waiting for some kind of clarification. Apparently the UAE is unaware of this:

Police Records

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

I don't think this is reasonable

For those outside the country, you will have to get fingerprints taken at any police station within the country of residence. After this, you will have to attest the fingerprint card by the UAE embassy in the country of residence.

Once the attestation has been done, you can send the application along with the required documents to the General Directorate of Abu Dhabi Police.

The total fee for those applying outside the UAE is Dh533. This includes good conduct certificate (Dh53), translation to English (Dh100), accreditation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Dh300), accreditation by the Ministry of Interior (Dh50) and an Empost charge of (Dh30).

Documents that you will require to apply include:

(1) Emirates ID

(2) Passport (original and a copy)

(3) Letter requesting the certificate

(4) One photograph

(5) A UAE residency visa is needed in case the applicant is outside the country.

The UAEs Ministry of Interior (MoI) announced last year that residents may apply for the certificate through the Ministrys website (www.moi.gov.ae) and their smartphone application, UAE-MOI.

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Please check a copy paste from various emails confirming that i have gotten one online:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Dubai Smart Government ePay facility. Please find the details of your transaction below.

Service Provider Name - Dubai Police
Service Name - Dubai Police Internet Services
Service Provider Transaction No - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DSG Transaction No - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction Date - 16/08/2016
Payment Method - Credit Card
Amount - 320 AED
Transaction Status - SUCCESS

Warm Regards,
noreply@dubai.ae

email_template_06.png

Service Name: Good Conduct Certificate شهادة بحث الحالة الجنائية اسم الخدمة: Reference No.: رقم المرجع: Trns. Date: 18/08/2016 18/08/2016 تاريخ المعاملة:

If you live outside of the United Arab Emirates: (but have lived in the UAE for more than 6 months)

You may either apply:

1. In person if you are back in the UAE OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in the UAE, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the police department in your emirate (see Special notes and considerations for complete list)
  2. You can apply at the nearest UAE Embassy
  3. By express mail

You or your representative must bring/send:

• A set of fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the country where you currently live
  • A copy of your valid passport
  • A copy of your former Emirates ID card
  • A copy of your former residence visa
  • Two (4x6 cm) photographs
  • Applicable fees

Please also note that, if you have been ever issued a UAE non citizen ID, that means the police has your finger prints in their records and you do not need to submit them again, i did not have to since i have an expired non citizen ID.

http://www.dubai.ae/en/ServiceDirectory/Pages/ServiceDetails.aspx?ServiceID=1579&Identity=451824980

online application link.

This service is provided by Dubai Police Service Service Description
This Service allows Customers to obtain a Criminal Record Verification "Certificate of Good Conduct" for the purpose of (Work / Study / Immigration / Naturalization / Marriage / Permission or License / Rehabilitation / Changing of Name).
Service Requirements
1. Applicant's Fingerprints in one of the Police Stations or Department of Criminal Investigation and they must have a clean Criminal Record in order to get that certificate.
Service Fees
1. Good Conduct Certificate for UAE Citizens: 100.0 AED
2. Good Conduct Certificate for outsiede UAE: 300.0 AED
3. Good Conduct Certificate for expatriates: 200.0 AED
This service is provided by
Enhanced Offline
Traditional Offline

Channels :
Web - Click Here
Post - Please send your certified fingerprint, together with the transaction number and required attachments, to: CDA.Certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae
Over the counter -
Other - Mobile Version & Mobile Application
mPhone Native - 20
Mobile Specific Website - https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/smartphoneservices/goodconduct/ar/goodconduct.html
Service Center
Customer Care Email: mail@dubaipolice.gov.ae
Customer Care Phone: Call 901
Customer Care Fax: 042171717
Customer Care Working Hours: 24 hours
Edited by 684117

Timeline

picture of certificate

I still think that until the OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS say otherwise - we are still good to continue as previously understood. You cant go wrong with following the currently posted advice.

Question - were you told you MUST obtain from the UAE? By who, when and under what circumstances?

Im all for being prepared and having more documentation than needed - and likely will pursue it anyways...

But the current direction still has not officially changed:

Police Records

Prison Records

Unavailable.

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

UAE is a waiver country per the Dept of State website. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

Until DOS changes you are still not required to obtain the police certificate.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

UAE is a waiver country per the Dept of State website. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

Until DOS changes you are still not required to obtain the police certificate.

Thanks Sagot! I knew that ... but this guy went and stirred me up.

Very easy to do while Im sitting here waiting and waiting for NOA2

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday and I worked in Dubai,Uae for 3 years the consul did not ask for a police clearance maybe because of the reciprocity schedule.However,your fiance needs to show the clearance from Ghana.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you for saying that...reading all of this has got me more stressed. Our interview isnt until January, & I just want to get it right the first time.. Im just not going to worry with the police certificate from Dubai & if they ask, we will get it for the second interview. Im not going to spend $90usd if I dont have to.

So, thank you to "Rjvic424" & "jstryker" for your helpful replies! & Thank you to "684117" as well!

I had my interview yesterday and I worked in Dubai,Uae for 3 years the consul did not ask for a police clearance maybe because of the reciprocity schedule.However,your fiance needs to show the clearance from Ghana.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.