mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2018 at 9:25 AM, Scazy said:

Interesting pattern... October fillers statistics shows majority approval came in 1 year and 6 months mark, some took 1 year and 7 months. 

In November it switched to majority got approved in 1 year and 5 months and for others it took 1 year and 6 months 

there is a lot of people in both threads with no update whatsoever - could be that they just don't post on VJ anymore or indeed still waiting. 

By my rough estimate, CSC speeded up for 1 month comparing past 2 months activity which is a good sign for those who still waiting. I'm an early December filler and sitting here anxious and probably driving myself crazy at this point as I want to go on urgent travel yet worry if they would start processing December 2016  in May and what if I haven't filled out petition properly and got denied while away and other what ifs... ugh 

Reading through it and I am an october 2016 filer and I didn't hear any thing yet. Got a random update that my case was transferred but no notice so a lot of people claim it was a glitch. They are currently working on cases from October 10th 2016 so hopefully I will hear soon from USCIS. Getting super annoyed by it especially when I see that most people get either an RFE or approval letter. 

19 minutes ago, lissatt89 said:

Reading through it and I am an october 2016 filer and I didn't hear any thing yet. Got a random update that my case was transferred but no notice so a lot of people claim it was a glitch. They are currently working on cases from October 10th 2016 so hopefully I will hear soon from USCIS. Getting super annoyed by it especially when I see that most people get either an RFE or approval letter. 

Have you filled for n 400?

1 minute ago, Scazy said:

Have you filled for n 400?

No, not yet. I am German and want to keep my Citizenship and the german government requires a certificate calls BBG in order to not loose the german citizenship and obtain another one. I am in the middle of getting that certificate and until then I can't do anything other than waiting for my I 751 to get approved. 

4 hours ago, MPS said:

When did you file N-400? What date did you receive NOA for 751 in November? 

That was November 2017 for N400  and my NOA date for 751 was November 9th, 2016 .   Are you in a similar boat?   I wonder if anyone also applied for n-400 but got approved for i-751 and this scenario the officer gave me does not apply to them?  

1 hour ago, lissatt89 said:

Did you get this update?  I just received this today and wonder what this means?    

Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On May 1, 2018, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17040*****, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 31, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

After 18 months of waiting today I received an inexplicable RFE!!!

No details yet but makes me feel sick and tired of dancing to some nameless bureaucrat's whim...

We sent a full and comprehensive package.

Perhaps I should have come as an IA ?

Edited by BernieRich

7 minutes ago, BernieRich said:

After 18 months of waiting today I received an inexplicable RFE!!!

No details yet but makes me feel sick and tired of dancing to some nameless bureaucrat's whim...

We sent a full and comprehensive package.

Perhaps I should have come as an IA ?

Sorry to hear -  any areas where you feel your application was incomplete or less substantiated?   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mfin2015 said:

Sorry to hear -  any areas where you feel your application was incomplete or less substantiated?   

None at all

No doubt some pen pusher decided to flex their authority at us.

55 minutes ago, mfin2015 said:

Did you get this update?  I just received this today and wonder what this means?    

On May 1, 2018, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17040*****, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 31, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Numerous cases got that update today. Might be a workload transfer to Nebraska, look for a physical letter in a mail. 

15 minutes ago, BernieRich said:

None at all

What have you originally submitted?

1 hour ago, mfin2015 said:

No, I got a regular message saying that nothing changed on my case and they will let me know if they need additional information from me. Yours is probably because you applied for N400 so your case got moved. 

1 hour ago, BernieRich said:

None at all

Wow that sucks.  I feel for you.  To be honest this entire process from the very beginning has been a disappointment.  Wait times for the initial IR-1/CR-1 were ridiculous, and now this ridiculous waiting for ROC.  I can't help feeling that doing it the "right way" is to subject yourself to a process that is overwhelmed, under resourced, and frankly not made a priority by anyone in the government.  Legal immigrants are not a valuable political football to kick around.  I've felt from the start that placing our lives in the hands of complete strangers that likely do not really care much about the human aspect of this process is just gut wrenching experience. Although we also prepared a robust package, I fear also an RFE.  At times an RFE seems obvious for some that report it.  For others, it appears random.  If the process was not so incredibly slooooooow RFE's wouldn't be scary for anyone that has nothing to hide.  But the RFE now feels like a punishing sledge hammer after waiting 17 months for something that should take just 90 days. 

All I can say is jump on the RFE once you know what they are looking for.  Don't stew on it.  Don't look back.  RFE replies are processed relatively quickly as your case is on someone's desk now.  Soon this entire nightmare called "the legal immigration process" will be in the review mirror. In the end, although it may not feel like it now, coming in the legal way is definitely better.  Hang tough.

Edited by mdzcpa

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, tylago said:

the Case Tracker App showed a lot of May 1 updates... for 17056xxxxx, 17060xxxx... 

I'm 17056 and nothing changed for my case.

Also, it looks like for most of 17056 it still shows the usual 'Case Was Received At My Local Office' status.

ROC (CSC)

• 11/21/2016 - Package sent
  • 11/22/2016 - Package received
  • 11/29/2016 - Check cashed
  • 11/30/2016 - Two NOA1 letters received (NOA1 date: 11/22/2016)
  • 12/08/2016 - Bio-metrics appointment letter received
  • 12/22/2016 - Bio-metrics appointment (12/09/2016 - early walk-in)
  • 02/25/2018 - We received your case
  • 02/26/2018 - We received your case
  • 05/18/2018 - Status changed to New Card Is Being Produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.