kcwhite

Kingston Embassy interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just found out my step-daughters case was completed by NVC. I was told that now they just have to wait for the Embassy in Kingston to let them know what dates they have available for interviews. After looking at this site I am realizing that it may be a 2 - 3 delay appointment date. We wanted to be able to have her here by December to start school in January(maybe even Christmas :idea: ). Is there a way to convince them to expedite her case due to school start dates?

Edited by kcwhite

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on getting through the drawn out NVC process! Based on my experience with the US Embassy in Manila, expediting an interview is usually only approved if there are extenuating circumstances requiring immediate action (ie. medical emergency, military duty, etc.). While I cannot say with any certainty, since US Embassy's and Consulate's differ from country to country, I can say that the 2-3 month from NVC approval and interview date is usually a bit of overestimation.

A recent example would be my mother-in-law. She is currently being petitioned by my wife for an IR5 visa (Parent of US citizens). Last week, the NVC informed us that her case is fully reviewed and that her case is just pending availability for interview at the US Embassy in Manila. Just for fun, we asked how long it would be before they could get her scheduled and they gave the generic answer of 2-3 months. However, just yesterday, we received an email saying that her interview date is scheduled for this coming November 15 (just over 1 month).

With any luck, having your stepdaughter here in time for Christmas is definitely a POSSILITY. At the same time, since the process does indeed vary from case to case, I would make arrangements for a worse case scenario as well. Either way, I am happy to hear that your step-daughter will soon be joining you within the upcoming months! Best wishes!

-Justin

Just found out my step-daughters case was completed by NVC. I was told that now they just have to wait for the Embassy in Kingston to let them know what dates they have available for interviews. After looking at this site I am realizing that it may be a 2 - 3 delay appointment date. We wanted to be able to have her here by December to start school in January(maybe even Christmas :idea: ). Is there a way to convince them to expedite her case due to school start dates?

What is your step-daughter's priority date? Even though her case is completed she will still have to wait for her priority date to become current before she can get an interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Best scenario she gets scheduled end of October for an interview in December then she'd probably make it there in time for January. If not then she'll get an interview in January and get there either mid to late January or early February. You can request an earlier date or expedite telling them your reasons. You never know. I see lots of people getting approved expedites for things that don't normally qualify.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

• 3 weeks later...

My kids got their interview date this month and was approved end of Aug at NVC, it take no later that 60 days for interview date to set and it is set one month in advance, after the date set for interview and ho, interview dates are set at the end of each month. remember as soon as u get that date go online and register for DHL and make the appointment for medical as soon as possible they are book out fast ,it take me 3 week before we get a medical appointment date. What i am telling is not what someone else tell me,but is what nvc told me when i ask NVC

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Would filing an I-824 help?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-824

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

11/4/16 Mailed forms to Chicago lockbox via FedEx

11/7/16 Paperwork received at lockbox

11/22/16 NOA Received via Text/Email

12/15/16 Biometrics complete

02/06/17: EAD card Being produced

02/09/17: EAD card mailed

02/16/17: EAD card received (with typographic error)

02/17/17: EAD Typographic error E-Request sent

02/21/17: EAD Correction application with documents mailed to NBC

02/24/17: EAD Packet signed by USCIS

03/14/17: Text/Email NOA

03/21/17: Hardcopy NOA received

03/25/17: Mailed out I-131

04/10/17: Biometrics repeated for EAD I-765

04/21/17: i-131 Expedite request

05/10/17: I-131 Approved at Infopass appointment

06/12/17: Local congresswoman contacted

06/19/17: Documents sent to congresswoman 

06/20/17: i-765 EAD Card is being produced

06/24/17: NOA hard copy received

06/26/17: EAD Card in hand

09/13/17: AOS interview

09/13/17: Green Card produced

09/15/17: Green Card mailed

09/18/17: Green Card in hand

Timeline

OK guys, great news!!! We got an interview date of December 28th!!! So excited and disappointed at the same time. So Excited cause we finally got the appointment. We're in the home stretch.

So disappointed because I really had my heart set on having her for Christmas this year. Also it will be too late for her to transfer in time for the new school year so she may have to wait until July :-(. I have emailed the embassy to request an expedite with not response as of yet( its been 6 business days; they promise 5 business days)

The next problem now is registering her appointment. I went to the website to register and they ask what time the appointment is. The drop down has a list of times starting at 9am. Her appointment is @ 7am. I've emailed again but don't want to wait too long to get this part done. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline

OMG what a day. Just got confirmation of medical appointment! I'm still nervous though. Medical appointment is December 16th and Embassy appointment is December 28th. Isn't that too close together? That's about 8 working days not counting the holidays! How can I get an earlier appointment?

My kids will be going for their interview on Thursday but i put 9am on the DHL form because there was no place for 7am , but she must be at the embassy before 7am for her interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.