Dirte

I-693 Medical B2 to AOS / I-485 supplement A? / I-601?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

A few questions about the medical exam and a couple documents I do not fully understand.

1. After reading some of the sickys on another thread I found a post about the DS-3025. I just want to make sure this is a document given when doing a K1 type visa where the immigrant is applying for a visa out of the USA. My wife is applying for a B2 AOS. So this does not apply to us?

2. I have found in a couple posts saying that the I-693 does not need to be filed at the same time of a concurrent i-130/i-485. Is this true? The situation I am in currently is that I do not think my wife(the immigrant) will be able to get a medical exam before her B2 expires. Should I send my packet without a I-693 or wait to file everything together.

3. Do I need to submit a I-485 supplement A or I-601. Neither of the forms seem to fit my wife. She first came to visit the usa in 2013. And she does not have anything against her that prevents her from applying for adjustment of status. Its looks to me like an I-485 supplement a is for people who came here illegally between 88-01 and the I-601 is for someone who has a criminal background or something else that prevents the immigrant from filing a regular AOS. Am I correct?

Thank you

1. Does not apply.

2. You can bring the medical to the interview (new rules).

3. No.

But if your wife came to the US in 2013 her authorized stay expired LONG long ago. A person gets 6 months max per visit on a B2. She has been overstaying since then.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

She came here in 2013 and left. Then came back in 2015 and has since left and came back on a 6 month extension. Her B2 extension will end in two weeks. Is it a big deal if she stays a couple days over before the packet is received? We married here in the states on a b2 visa extension.

Overstay is forgiven/irrelevant for spouses of US Citizens who adjust in country.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.