Jump to content

I-693 Medical B2 to AOS / I-485 supplement A? / I-601?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

A few questions about the medical exam and a couple documents I do not fully understand.

1. After reading some of the sickys on another thread I found a post about the DS-3025. I just want to make sure this is a document given when doing a K1 type visa where the immigrant is applying for a visa out of the USA. My wife is applying for a B2 AOS. So this does not apply to us?

2. I have found in a couple posts saying that the I-693 does not need to be filed at the same time of a concurrent i-130/i-485. Is this true? The situation I am in currently is that I do not think my wife(the immigrant) will be able to get a medical exam before her B2 expires. Should I send my packet without a I-693 or wait to file everything together.

3. Do I need to submit a I-485 supplement A or I-601. Neither of the forms seem to fit my wife. She first came to visit the usa in 2013. And she does not have anything against her that prevents her from applying for adjustment of status. Its looks to me like an I-485 supplement a is for people who came here illegally between 88-01 and the I-601 is for someone who has a criminal background or something else that prevents the immigrant from filing a regular AOS. Am I correct?

Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Does not apply.

2. You can bring the medical to the interview (new rules).

3. No.

But if your wife came to the US in 2013 her authorized stay expired LONG long ago. A person gets 6 months max per visit on a B2. She has been overstaying since then.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

She came here in 2013 and left. Then came back in 2015 and has since left and came back on a 6 month extension. Her B2 extension will end in two weeks. Is it a big deal if she stays a couple days over before the packet is received? We married here in the states on a b2 visa extension.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.