Kortex

Question about sending documents to nvc

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

So because of a recent situation, I applied for an expedite via my senator. The senator contacted the embassy and the embassy agreed to the expidite. I was planning on sending documents to the nvc this week before I heard the expidite was approved (my affidavit of support and my wives civil documents). I looked today at the state department website and the current processing location changed from NVC to the embassy location. My question is, since the expedite do I still send those documents to the nvc or do we just take them to the interview? All the fees have been paid and my wife filled out the ds-260.

I'm just confused - if the current processing location is the embassy location instead of the NVC what do we do with the affidavit of support and civic documents. Does it turn into basically a DCF situation? I wrote my senator asking but I figured I'd ask here too.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi,

So because of a recent situation, I applied for an expedite via my senator. The senator contacted the embassy and the embassy agreed to the expidite. I was planning on sending documents to the nvc this week before I heard the expidite was approved (my affidavit of support and my wives civil documents). I looked today at the state department website and the current processing location changed from NVC to the embassy location. My question is, since the expedite do I still send those documents to the nvc or do we just take them to the interview? All the fees have been paid and my wife filled out the ds-260.

I'm just confused - if the current processing location is the embassy location instead of the NVC what do we do with the affidavit of support and civic documents. Does it turn into basically a DCF situation? I wrote my senator asking but I figured I'd ask here too.

Thanks!

We just approved with our expedite request too. We called NVC and they said to keep everything on hold until we hear from the embassy that they received our case. Basically, the embassy will contact those emails provided in the Choice of Agent form you filled up. But looking through your timeline, you said that you already submitted the packets last Wednesday. :huh:

Just a question though, what does your visa application status states when you check the ceac website?

Edited by chrmar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

It says "in transit

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

So I guess it's too late to send documents to nvc? Also they didn't provide us with an interview date? Is that also down to the embassy now?

But your timeline is different. It's saying that you already submitted the packets last October 5.

I believe that format is standard. Everytime somebody gets a CC the next thing they get is the interview date then NVC forwards their cases. As with ours we skipped that part but still get the same paragraph after the "In Transit".

Yes, the Embassy will schedule your interview appointment.

Edited by chrmar

I am at the stage to send documents to NVC and take for interview. The documents sending to NVC, are they for just my husband except petition part? Are do I need to send all my finance documents, passport and 2 photo IDs as well?

What are some reasons they would expedite a case to embassy?

(L) We got married on February 06, 2016 (L)

Our USCIS Timeline :star:
File I-130: February 12, 2016
NOA 1: February 16, 2016(Nebraska Service Center)
NOA 2- September 29,2016 :no: ( Was sent to local office for review) :thumbs:

Case Sent to NVC:
The NVC Timeline :dance:
Case received: October 13,2016
Case and IIN#: October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261:October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261 Reviewed over the phone: October 26, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: October 27, 2016
AOS Fee Paid: October 27, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: October 29, 2016
IV Fee Paid: October 29, 2016
DS-260 Completed November 3, 2016
Sent AOS & IV Packets: October 27, 2016
AOS & IV Packet Received November 2,2016
Scan Date: November 3,2016
Checklist: No

Supervisor review: No
Case Complete: December 16, 2016 :dancing:
Interview Date: February 15, 2016 (One Year from my 1st  NOA)
Visa :dancing: Approved:
Visa In Hand:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.