4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have a question about the interview. My husband recently changed his job and the new company dont provide employment varification letters. Is that going to be a problem at the interview? I will bring with me his most recent pay stubs and the new form i 864 filed. What is your opinion about the situation?

I would bring as many pay stubs as you can get and simply explain, as you did here, that the company does not give out the letters. How many pay stubs will you have by the time of the interview? Can you get a co-sponsor lined up in case they do not accept the pay stubs as evidence? Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The thing is that the company that my husband works for is using that work number. That's why they refuse to wtite an employment letter. If somebody esle was in that position please share your experience what did you do? I will have 2 pay stubs from this company by the interview date.

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "The thing is that the company that my husband works for is using that work number," but two pay stubs seems to me a bit on the light side. Will your husband have a "notice of personnel change" form? I ask because my company did not write "letters" either, but we used the personnel form, which had my salary, signed by my supervisor. That seemed to work and might be an option for you. Now, back to the two pay stubs: I am not sure that they will accept that as evidence of a stable job/income. I've read anywhere from 6 to 12 (3 to 6 months) as being sufficient. Hopefully someone with your exact situation will chime in, but I still think it would be prudent to line up a co-sponsor just in case. Best of luck to you.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.