andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Yep I read it wrong. Apologies. 

It's technically seen not wrong information since not all spouses of PR's can adjust status in the US. There are a couple of exemptions.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: Timeline
20 hours ago, Lizziecakes said:

Ahhh I see now. So as others have stated this might just meant she's not eligible to adjust YET. She might have to wait until her priority date is current. That same form should state her priority date, if it does not the first NOA you got confirming your application was received will have it for sure.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:07 PM, max3336 said:

We would like to do that in the US because my wife does not want to leave the country, that is why we should send the package to Chicago for the AOS. Your wife/husband was in the US when you file i130?

what is the priority date? all depends on it

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 minutes ago, piff said:

what is the priority date? all depends on it

Her priority date is current based on the USCIS filing dates table (currently, you must use this table for family-based petition), it is 10/13/2016.

1 hour ago, max3336 said:

Her priority date is current based on the USCIS filing dates table (currently, you must use this table for family-based petition), it is 10/13/2016.

That is it, apply for AOS and be happy, it will kick in and she won't get an interview until get PD is current, but at least it saves you around 1 year!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, piff said:

That is it, apply for AOS and be happy, it will kick in and she won't get an interview until get PD is current, but at least it saves you around 1 year!!!

Yes, thank you. I plan to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to my AOS interview in Atlanta Local Office. All went well, the officer was very kind. She said that on the system she can see two alien numbers for me. She has to understand why there is a second one and what is there in that file and later on all seems fine. So she handed us a paper saying that the decision can not be made at the moment. Anybody has faced with these kind of issue?

Let's see, hope they can approve my case soon. Thanks!

18 hours ago, alps34 said:

Today I went to my AOS interview in Atlanta Local Office. All went well, the officer was very kind. She said that on the system she can see two alien numbers for me. She has to understand why there is a second one and what is there in that file and later on all seems fine. So she handed us a paper saying that the decision can not be made at the moment. Anybody has faced with these kind of issue?

Let's see, hope they can approve my case soon. Thanks!

Just completed our interview in Baltimore - same thing. It’s a standard paper that was already prepared 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.