keissar3

regarding few forms..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I just got my k1 visa NOA2 on my uscis app. While preparing towards the interview I have read about those forms:

Ds-230

Ds-156

Ds-156k

Ds-157

Ds-2001

Does file still valid ,Are they required for the k1 visa process?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

No-no-no. Please read the guides. The only forms you need right now is ds160 (most likely online, depending on the country) and i134.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

Ok thank you..

Do you mind explain to me about one more thing ?

I have understood that in order to set interview date I need to use the site

http://ais.usvisa-info.com

Can i do it with the case number I will get by calling the NVC? Or maybe I'lll have to wait for somthing else in order to set the interview date

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to MENA Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions/requirements are often embassy/consulate-specific~

:time:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

They will not let you schedule an interview until the Jerusalem Consulate receives your packet. Does your petitioner have the hard copy of the NOA2 in hand? Do you have any indications that the approved petition made it to Jerusalem?

Usually it takes a few weeks for them to receive the packet from the US because it has to go through customs on the Israel side, and things could possibly be delayed slightly because it's the holiday season. I would call the NVC and try to get a case number if you have the NOA2 in hand. If they don't have a status update for you, wait a few days and keep calling. I had to wait and call, and wait and call.

Once you can access the DS-160 (once they are ready to schedule your appointment), fill it out and submit it. Be honest. Do not lie. If you have transgressions and they ask you what they might be, please list them. The CO will ask you about it in your interview, it does not necessary mean immediate denial.

Once you submit the DS-160 and have a case number, you should be able to use the site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ and schedule/pay for your interview appointment. Basically, you need the case number and submit the DS-160 first, this last website (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/) is to link your case, your DS-160, and your interview appointment altogether.

I hope this helps. Please continue to update your timeline, as it helps give others some context to your questions.

K1 Visa

06-13-2015 - Engaged!

07-17-2015 - I-129F packet sent

09-02-2015 - NVC sent case to U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem, packet 3 sent via email

11-04-2015 - Interview (Approved!)

11-19-2015 - K-1 Visa in-hand

12-25-2015 - POE (Atlanta, GA)

AOS/Green Card

01-10-2016 - Got married

01-16-2016 - I-485/EAD application sent (same packet)

03-04-2016 - EAD card arrives in mail (successful expedite)

05-18-2016 - Received AOS letter with interview appointment

06-07-2016 - AOS Interview scheduled (Atlanta) - Approved!

06-15-2016 - Green Card in hand!

ROC

03-24-2018 - Mailed in ROC petition packet

03-27-2018 - NOA (packet received); 1-year extension

05-25-2018 - Biometrics

Timeline

So why is that everyone calling repeatedly to get the case number from the NVC if we still have to wait for the case to arrive to Jerusalem consulate?

Isn't it possible so schedule an interview just with NVC case number ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.