Khmer2736

Fiancee Visa Interview

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My K-1 interview was in Sept of 2011 then CR-1 in Sept 2013. In addition, I spent 2 other occasions waiting with people having interview all day long. You can see and hear everything they ask during interview. So I witnessed about 4 days of interviews. That's a lot. It's same few questions every time to everyone. Specially first few questions. How did you meet your fiancé, when did you meet your fiancé, who introduced you and how many times he visited? When did you get engaged and during which visit. If they focus on any of those they will keep ask you like an interrogation for 15/20 minutes. Same question again and again. Make fun of you make you feel like a criminal. Keep ask you how did you get engaged to someone after just meeting for few days? They don't care you both know each other for long time. All they care about actual visit. Facebook, skype those the don't care. I guess anyone can have those but not actual visits. This embassy got black listed or got tough starting in late 2010 early 2011. So the lady helping your wife may not have experienced that if she came 20 years ago. Your fiancé did experience that first time so she actually may have better experience then that person prepping her. You can actually go to US embassy official Facebook page and like that page then read embassy reviews. You will see many recent stories of denials there as well. So you need to do everything you can do humanly possible in your power including senators help and must attend the interview as well. Those are in your hand. You can control those. Some things you cannot control so you just try your best as possible

So what exactly is the response they're looking for when they ask why you got engaged after meeting only once? I got engaged during our second meeting but I don't have any photos from our first meeting because we met in a night club in Phnom Penh and only spent one night together but we texted every day after that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

They are not looking for a correct response. All they do is to intimidate you or your fiancé/wife to get nervous. They are trained interrogators and use intimidation to scare people. Usually people get scared and change the answer or get nervous and answer wrong. That's all they look for. You have to stick to your response. Once you change your story that's it you are done. If you don't have any pictures from your first visit you must have many other proof of your visit. Such as entry and exit stamp on passport boarding pass, airline tickets etc. You can show those.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

They are not looking for a correct response. All they do is to intimidate you or your fiancé/wife to get nervous. They are trained interrogators and use intimidation to scare people. Usually people get scared and change the answer or get nervous and answer wrong. That's all they look for. You have to stick to your response. Once you change your story that's it you are done. If you don't have any pictures from your first visit you must have many other proof of your visit. Such as entry and exit stamp on passport boarding pass, airline tickets etc. You can show those.

Thank you. Yes, I have proof of my first trip plus our emails from the next day saying it was nice to meet you last night. Do you think that visit plus 2 more after that is enough? We're waiting for our interview to be scheduled any day now. Do you think 10 photos from each of the 2 visits is enough?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

There is no way to predict what's enough and what's not. If they target you then nothing is enough. Like I said I had overwhelming evidence and interview was perfect, but they still failed us. But there are cases not enough evidence and only one visit, but still approved. Sometimes they may just go by appearance how couple look like. That might happened to us. Different race, religion,language etc etc. So you never know. You do best you can, do everything you can do and try your best. Remember don't leave anything at home if you have anything might be related to your evidence. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.