Khmer2736

Fiancee Visa Interview

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Nikamo..my first name being entered twice was on my picture evidence submitted for my I-129F. Everything was accurate except for a few grammatical mistakes in the evidence documenting my trips...really irritating me...

Timeline

Ok...good..there is a few...lawyer submitted the paperwork for my I-129F petition...not sure how many "typoo's" there were. Also..there is documents like "Affidavit of Celibacy", "permission from father letter (permission to marry my fiancee", and "Mothers death certificate"..that I do not believe my lawyer submitted with the original petition...is this a deal breaker...was considering taking the documentation (photo copies) with me..what do you think? Also....what should I ask the "State Senators" office in relation to assisting with me getting through this second interview attempt with the Cambodian Embassy? Thanks for your help.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You take every documents you have your hands on with you in case they need. Get originals and also get translated copy. As I said don't leave anything behind.

As of how to contact senators? It is very easy. I see you are in Colorado. Just go to your state senators website and look for contact tab and click on it. Then describe in short sentences your concern and worries as a US citizen of senators constituency. They will reply to you and ask for your permission to contact US Embassy in Phnom Penh. Remember they work for you. You elect them as senators. You don't work for them. They must reply to your concern. Here is one of your senators website https://www.bennet.senate.gov/ here is the other senator https://www.gardner.senate.gov/

Send both senators your concern that US Embassy denied your fiance visa to come to US once and she is going for interview again. Describe your situation in short sentences. Of course this is only optional if you want to do. Senators can't order US Embassy to give visa. But as you know, how difficult it is at this embassy to pass K-1 interview. To my knowledge. whoever contacted senators, did not fail interview so far. Of course very few people ask for senators help. People get scared or don't know how to get help or think very complicated process. In reality it is very easy. It's your right to get help from senators. All gets done by email. It's matter of you want to spend few minutes of your time writing email to your senators.

As of attorney, you wasted money on attorney. They basically fill out forms and mail to USCIS. That's all they do and allowed to do nothing else. You provide all the answers on the form. Someone at their office could be a minimum wage worker not very educated fill up or type your form. They do a lot of them everyday and don't pay attention much as you would do on your own. That's why you see lot of typo or not paying too much attention to detail. Sorry to say you could have done much better job yourself. At least no typo's and small mistakes. They also put together all the documentation you provide. They don't make anything new for you. Just fill out generic form like you and me. That's all nothing else then mail them using their address instead of yours. Next process they are not allowed to do anything else.

Timeline

True about the lawyer. However, they will prep her for the interview...that is something I can't do. Also helped with the DS-160 form. What about the "Affidavit of support"..added my income and have heard of not including other financial stuff if I make over the poverty line. What do you think...?

Timeline

I don't know what lawyer can do to prep her for the interview. You can just google what the questions could be it's that simple. Most lawyers are completely ignorant about US embassy Cambodia. They have no clue. DS160 you can fill your own. But since you paid lawyer money, let them do the work. Only issue is they don't act fast enough. They might take week or two when you can do it in 20 minutes. Let lawyer fill up financial stuff as well because you paid him. As long as you are over poverty guideline, should be no problem. Paperworks are not the problem here. You can have all the paperwork and evidence in the world. It's the convincing part which your fiancé and you have to do.

Lawyer certainly would not contact senators as well. They will tell you that you don't need it. It's up to you if you want to contact them and you have to do it yourself.

Timeline

By the the I know exactly what they will ask her. At least first few questions. They are the most important ones. They will actually pre approve or pre deny before interview based on what you submitted initially. They will also focus on what they flag you based on application.

Timeline

I contacted my state senator three times. Last time lawyer recommended senator get involved. The woman prepping my fiancee is a woman who is a legal assistant for my lawyer who immigrated from Cambodia ten years ago...if she does not know what questions to get my girl ready for..no one does...

When DiD you have your interview?

Timeline

My K-1 interview was in Sept of 2011 then CR-1 in Sept 2013. In addition, I spent 2 other occasions waiting with people having interview all day long. You can see and hear everything they ask during interview. So I witnessed about 4 days of interviews. That's a lot. It's same few questions every time to everyone. Specially first few questions. How did you meet your fiancé, when did you meet your fiancé, who introduced you and how many times he visited? When did you get engaged and during which visit. If they focus on any of those they will keep ask you like an interrogation for 15/20 minutes. Same question again and again. Make fun of you make you feel like a criminal. Keep ask you how did you get engaged to someone after just meeting for few days? They don't care you both know each other for long time. All they care about actual visit. Facebook, skype those the don't care. I guess anyone can have those but not actual visits. This embassy got black listed or got tough starting in late 2010 early 2011. So the lady helping your wife may not have experienced that if she came 20 years ago. Your fiancé did experience that first time so she actually may have better experience then that person prepping her. You can actually go to US embassy official Facebook page and like that page then read embassy reviews. You will see many recent stories of denials there as well. So you need to do everything you can do humanly possible in your power including senators help and must attend the interview as well. Those are in your hand. You can control those. Some things you cannot control so you just try your best as possible

Timeline

Lawyer work exclusively with the Cambodian embassy in various matters, and has worked with the Cambodian innocent project, but you are against lawyers helping....not much I can say...Oh....you can just drop in and watch/hear interviews?

Timeline

Also....have a co-worker who has a woman in Cambodia who passed...he has been married and divorced...she has been married and divorced...she has a kid...he also visited only one time...Approved! They only talked to each other for about 8-9 months...Pretty annoying...please explain this...?

Timeline

I am not saying I am against using lawyer, just saying they are not allowed to do anything other then fill out your application then charge you a lot of money. You already found out they did lot of small mistake like typo. Anyway it's all up to you about lawyer just know that they cannot influence any way or shape your visa approval.

When I had interview, everyone could see and hear everything during interview. Recently I heard they put some glass partitions. Hard to hear everything but still can see.

You cannot compare cases. Every case is different. Sone gets easy approval some not. There could be a red flag somewhere you don't see. My wife failed her first K-1 interview even though we had Mountains of evidence including traveling to multiple countries with me. There was no way I thought they could deny us but they did. So you never know and never can compare. As long as they think your relationship is real they approve no matter your background or age or how many times you are married in the past. Sorry to say massive visa fraud in the past by Cambodians created this problem. They found out many people immigrated fraudulently from Cambodia. That is the bitter truth.

Timeline

Yeah...every one case of visa fraud that is discovered ruins countless legitimately loving couples...I have also realized upon talking with people and looking on visa journey and other sites...that the likelihood of being approved with the very first filed petition is slim at best...they make you prove you are serous by filing second petitions...a way of them weeding out applicants who are not serious...

Timeline

The "errors" were committed by me...not the lawyer. She could have caught them, but they were committed by me..that is what is irritating...

Exactly! You paid the lawyer so they can check and correct if you did any mistake. They took your money. But apparently didn't check or double check. So what's the point of taking your money if just copying and sending what you wrote? I hope you got my point now. Looks like your lawyer did not do the job that you paid him to do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.