viz

my k1 journey

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello vjers.This mught help those who are annuled like me. I met my fiance on a dating site of january 2015. I went to hk in may 2015 for work. He came in oct 2015 in hk for 13 days and 12 nights. On nov.2,2015 he went back to US and i came back home to Philippines. He filed the petition 4/29/2016.Noa2 approved 7/14/2016. I had my medical aug.25,2016 and scheduled my interview sept.8,2016. Because i was previously annulled in 2008. St. Lukes told me i need to do psychological testing outside which means additional fees. They gave me letter and told me theres only one psychologist accredited by the US embassy. I finished my medical at 11am of aug.25,2016 and went it find the address they gave. I was lucky to get a slot thst day because one applicant didnt make on her schedule date. I finished at 7 pm and psychologist told me result will be released to St. Lukes after a week. I need to go back to St. Lukes after they received my results for their own psychologist interview with another fee. I wont be able to attend my k1,interview on sept.8,2016 so i rescheduled it in the 13th. I completed St. Lukes 8:30 pm of sept. 8 after waiting for 11 hours.

For the interview.... I was at the embasdy around 4:30 am. My interview was 6:45 am sept 13,2016. Long lines. First window the lady asked me to take a seat vecause tge system wont allow her to capture or scan my photo? After 10 minutes my name was called at another window. It was ok. Proceed to finger printing. At step 3,a filipina lady asked my documents. She asjed for my nbi,birth cert and matriage cert. annulment decree,and ds form with barcode. She asked me if i have cenomar and nbi with my ex husbands name. I told her i font have those two documents my nbi was on my single name. I thought cenomar is for those who were never married. Shectold me i go to next step. During thevl interview with the consular officer, i was worried bec he was not asking me qurtions he was only browsing my pink folder. I saw him reading the remarks on my marriage certificate. Then he asked few questions like whats my name and my date of birth. My fiance nane and his date of birth. How did we meet? Then he told me i need two more documents from you your nbi with aka and your cenomar. When i received these documents i will approved your visa. And he gave me a pamphlet and directedcmecto step 5. I went to ndo pasay after interview and spplied my cenonar. I sent my nbi with aka sept. 16,2016 and was delivered sept 19,2016. My case was under AP from sept. 13-18. On the 19,20,21,23,and 26 2016 my case status date was updated but still under administrative processung. On the 27, status updated to ready. On the 28th back to AP and today sept.29,2016 status "ISSUED". Thank you..... God is good.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Congratz on your success...and thanks for sharing your story...!

By the way, how much did your psych exam cost, and where did you have to go for it?

Timeline

Congratz on your success...and thanks for sharing your story...!

By the way, how much did your psych exam cost, and where did you have to go for it?

Hello, i paid P4,000 for the outside psychologist. Her office is located at Edsa Quezon city near Q mart. St lukes gave me sealed envelop with the address and tel.number. St. Lukes just told me to call that num and asked for direction on how to get to that address and to kake an apoointment. When i called that day Aug. 25th the psychologist told me the next available appointment is sept. 1st. But i was lucky that day she mentioned theres one applicant who didnt arrived but wont be able to make it because its already past 11 am. Exams starts at 8 am and i might not be able to finish it. I beg her to take that slot available and she said ok but not sure if i can finish it i told her ill do my best. I arrived in her office at 1 pm. She wasxreally nice she extended office hours so i finished at 7 pm.

From St. Lukes i rodecthe LRT twice plus one bus ride. Thanks to the people who help me with the directions.

Thanks for the information, viz. I didn't realize the price of the psych exam was Php4000. I thought it was Php3000. I guess it went up quite a bit.

I also didn't realize that the psych exam took so long. It appears that it took about 5-6 hours...yikes...!

Timeline

Thanks for the information, viz. I didn't realize the price of the psych exam was Php4000. I thought it was Php3000. I guess it went up quite a bit.

I also didn't realize that the psych exam took so long. It appears that it took about 5-6 hours...yikes...!

Youre right. The written questions if im not mistaken was 900 plus intetview with the psychologist. I was tired and frustrated that day but i was able to fiinished it.

Well...you must be psychologically in good shape if you can make it all the way through that epic exam and interview...!

Timeline

Yes. I was confident i was in goos shape. St. Lukes yold me its a requirement for anulled applicants to complete the medical. It might also because my marriage was anulled because of psychological incapacity of my ex husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.