kim250

2016 diversity visa lottery winner, no biometrics notice yet

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum and they are really helpful thanks guys. so I have a question. I was selected among the diversity Visa lottery in 2015, and my visa number became available in august 2016. my i-485 and the i-786 and supporting documents were accepted on September 12th,2016 and I received my receipt in the mail on sept 19th. the notice said that I will have to wait for the bio metrics appointment in the mail, but to this day I haven;t received it yet. They say that the whole process need to be completed by sept 30th. does that mean that my case will be denied?they have already cashed my checks and everything seemed good. Please if there is anybody on here who has been in the same shoe or who has any info , let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum and they are really helpful thanks guys. so I have a question. I was selected among the diversity Visa lottery in 2015, and my visa number became available in august 2016. my i-485 and the i-786 and supporting documents were accepted on September 12th,2016 and I received my receipt in the mail on sept 19th. the notice said that I will have to wait for the bio metrics appointment in the mail, but to this day I haven;t received it yet. They say that the whole process need to be completed by sept 30th. does that mean that my case will be denied?they have already cashed my checks and everything seemed good. Please if there is anybody on here who has been in the same shoe or who has any info , let me know. Thanks in advance.

It doesn't look good. Why did you wait so long to submit your forms though? If your number was current in August, you could have submitted in June once the number was published in the visa bulletin. Indeed, once 30 Sept is past they can no longer issue any DV2016 visas. You can try do a walk in biometric and try get an infopass to do an on the spot interview explaining to both offices the deadline as reason for urgency....but I suspect you'd need a lot of luck to get both these done in 2 days but you may as well try...

It doesn't look good. Why did you wait so long to submit your forms though? If your number was current in August, you could have submitted in June once the number was published in the visa bulletin. Indeed, once 30 Sept is past they can no longer issue any DV2016 visas. You can try do a walk in biometric and try get an infopass to do an on the spot interview explaining to both offices the deadline as reason for urgency....but I suspect you'd need a lot of luck to get both these done in 2 days but you may as well try...

Hey SusieQQQ,

thanks for getting back to me. so I called way back in June to see if I can send my forms ahead of time and they told me that if my visa is not immediately available, my application will automatically be rejected. so I waited until my Visa was available. along the line I admit I should have sent my forms like august 5th but I had to go out of the country unexpectedly. I will call today and see if it is possible to do a walk in fingers crossed.

Hey SusieQQQ,

thanks for getting back to me. so I called way back in June to see if I can send my forms ahead of time and they told me that if my visa is not immediately available, my application will automatically be rejected. so I waited until my Visa was available. along the line I admit I should have sent my forms like august 5th but I had to go out of the country unexpectedly. I will call today and see if it is possible to do a walk in fingers crossed.

Well, it's a pity that you spoke with someone who seems a bit uninformed, though there have been some cases of people getting incorrectly denied for filing early - the usual procedure is to include the USCIS memo that states when early filing is allowed with the package. It is a deep pity that you did not submit early in August given that it was already so close to the end of the FY; and I only emphasize this in case someone in the next FY is reading this, to avoid the same mistake. Good luck with trying walk ins, take a copy of the USCIS page that says cases have to be approved by Dec 30 and be as (politely) persistent as you can possibly be if you get someone reluctant on the other end to persuade them to let you in. And be sure to take everything you need for the interview, just in case. You have no time for follow ups if you do get to see someone. Best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.