isafan45

AOS for parents of USC from B1/B2 Visa

25 posts in this topic

Mom is the applicant. If you already submitted it and they send a RFE then something was probably wrong with it. It could be that they just lost it, but this is more rare. Be sure the thing you sent is the right thing before sending it again.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Thank you for the response, My mom's Birth Certificate is not that readable only if that someone who will look at it will have enough patience to look and read it carefully since the BC's info are all handwritten. Also do I still need to send a marrige cerificate to show the change of my mom's last name. Thank you in advance

If her BC has a different name, then yes, you need to include a name change document to show it is her. You say it's handwritten. Is it in a foreign language? You will need to submit a translation as well. Look on this page and see if what you have as a birth certificate is acceptable: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/RP.html

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Im glad I've joined this forum thank you so much for the inputs such a huge help and my apologize for asking a lot of questions bt I do have another inquiry I just got my joint sponsor tax return w2,1040 and amended tax(1040x) in the 1040 it is in line 22 where I could find the net income what abt in the amended tax where will I find the net income. Do I need to submit Tax transcript instead of submitting this to ease the confusion also Is it alright to submit this 1040 w2 without the preparer's signature. Thanks again

Isn't a 1040X just like a regular tax return except it is an amendment? Aren't all the lines the same?

Tax transcript would be easier and more foolproof.

You said the RFE was for birth certificate. Now you say it's for I-864 too?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Yes they were asking for Birth certificate of the applicant and the Tax documents from the joint sponsor since our net income is below the 125%poverty guidelines. Can I just submit the most recent one 2015 1040 and w2 since they were only asking for the most recent one or just send them the previous two yrs as well but we do have just the 1040 and w2 out joint sponsor can no longer find the other attachment such as the permanent resident tax return and w2 summary attachmnts? thanks

with regards to the 1040, 1040x have diffrnt lines from the 1040 form. I just really want to get this over. thank you so much for the infos.

Guys one last question sorry, For the rfe asking for a joint sponsor due to unmeet income. Do I still need to submit both of the original and amended tax 1040 and w2 since we dont have the tax transcript and we do have jz the amended copy. thanku

amended only

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.