aichteeque

AOS Processing Time Tracker and Process

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I applied for AOS based on marriage to USC from a F-1 visa in April 2016 from St. Paul, MN . I was on my OPT STEM Extension when we got married. Since mid May, I am "Ready to Schedule interview"

I am curious about two things.

1. Can someone please explain to me what the process is for AOS? Not the application process, but what does USCIS do with my application once they receive it to the time I get called for an interview.

2. Is there a way to track the progress on the Processing Time for my service center? I am trying to get an idea when my interview will be. Right now it says that they are looking at cases from December 2015, as of July 31. How can I track the progress? Like when they last updated, it was November 15, as of June 30th. am traveling abroad for 2 weeks at the end of December and want to know if there is any chance of me getting called for an interview before it so I dont have to travel on AP.

Thank you

AOS from F-1

ROC

2 yr GreenCard expires: 03/24/2019

12/27/18 i-751 ROC mailed

12/31/18 USCIS received package (# starts with LIN)

01/30/19 18 month extensions received. Did not get any email/text even though I signed up for it

06/25/19 Biometrics completed in St.Paul MN

10/21/19 RFE received. Insufficient evidence.

10/24/19 RFE response delivered (per USPS).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well they check if all papers is there. Then you wait on a shelf and, then you do bio then you wait on a shelf, then they do background check which can take a long time. Then you get EAD/AP approved and, then when they know good news on background check you are on self until they get to your case and then you get approved or interviewet.

The you wait until your interview become available and that differs from place to place some have over a year wait for interview and other places only a month.

And yes you can be called for that time and maybe not ... you know about 1-2 months in advance it looks like the average time to know before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.