Anitafeliz

Necessary AP - Day 30

55 posts in this topic

I'm sorry for your delay. When my fiancé was delayed I started the AOS paperwork. I filled in every blank I could and then saved the work in progress so I could return to it when he arrived. It probably didn't save us any time but I felt like I wasn't wasting ALL that time. And when he got here I was already familiar with the next step so there was less stress there. I also wish I'd spent some time looking for volunteer opportunities for him so he could have had something to do right away. I also wish I'd have completed his resume while waiting for his AOS. You could get started on some of those things. I know you'll have plenty of time to do that stuff but it might make you feel like you can control some part of this process.

Thats a great idea :idea: im gonna look at the AOS requierements i heard thats another hurdle.....

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

TY jenn :cry: still here indefinitely.

Denada. Keep having positive thoughts throughout this. Just think as soon as it's issued and he boards the plane you never have to be away from him again. Right now it's only temporary.

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Denada. Keep having positive thoughts throughout this. Just think as soon as it's issued and he boards the plane you never have to be away from him again. Right now it's only temporary.

Girl thx my little inbox hommie ;)

ILL TRY ;)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel for everyone here that's going thru the same sort of wait...

like Anitafeliz, I feel like I'm going thru unnecessary wait just because of the bureaucracy, and let's face it, the magnitude of work that they seem to have. Victims of circumstance I guess. It has been only a week in AP for me, but to see nothing has been done to your case, no one hat can answer to it or find some accountability you just can't help but to let off some steam, right? You can't really compare..

I personally feel that having a previous NIV visa had hurt me in this process inadvertently because now it is causing me delays. Now they have my previous Visa to cancel, and my K1 to issue, which I know might not seem gargantuan like some of the folks here, but you can ask yourself really, is it difficult to do, that it would have to take a week? Maybe if there were some promptness on the other side of the fence then everyone's wait would be much shorter, considering some of the cases in AP have been pretty much straightforward.

@sadamevans, based on your experience checking on the status, does it change even if it is beyond working hours Philippine time? I just read from a post somewhere that an applicant had hers changed like, 2am.. funny thing is my son that's supposed to be with me on this application but won't has his updated every single day-and mine's stuck in the 14th.

Philipines moves fast youll be issed by friday watch :)

I feel for everyone here that's going thru the same sort of wait...

like Anitafeliz, I feel like I'm going thru unnecessary wait just because of the bureaucracy, and let's face it, the magnitude of work that they seem to have. Victims of circumstance I guess. It has been only a week in AP for me, but to see nothing has been done to your case, no one hat can answer to it or find some accountability you just can't help but to let off some steam, right? You can't really compare..

I personally feel that having a previous NIV visa had hurt me in this process inadvertently because now it is causing me delays. Now they have my previous Visa to cancel, and my K1 to issue, which I know might not seem gargantuan like some of the folks here, but you can ask yourself really, is it difficult to do, that it would have to take a week? Maybe if there were some promptness on the other side of the fence then everyone's wait would be much shorter, considering some of the cases in AP have been pretty much straightforward.

@sadamevans, based on your experience checking on the status, does it change even if it is beyond working hours Philippine time? I just read from a post somewhere that an applicant had hers changed like, 2am.. funny thing is my son that's supposed to be with me on this application but won't has his updated every single day-and mine's stuck in the 14th.

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah my fiancee is responsible for checking i havent slept a full night in weeks i have huge bags under my eyes.

And a perm headache!!

Everyone keeps asking me whats up and he is being laughed at because hes still in DR...

Sometimes i cheat and look :mellow:

Anita, I am not here to tell you to relax or calm down, I understand your pain, at some point we all have been in your shoes! :clock:

My advise is try to do some of the things that I did, they were very helpful:

- Check online what you need to get married here. (how to get a marriage license, how much does it cost,where to go etc)

-Surround yourself with happy thoughts: think about what type of dress are you going to wear for your wedding,wedding bands,a cute outfit for your son,who's going to be there to take pictures,etc

-Make a folder with the documents you are going to need here: immunization cards, birth certificates, diplomas or school certificates,etc

-Get familiar with the AOS process: check form by form, download them to your computer and start filling the blank spaces with the information you have now, look up for a civil surgeon (in case you need it) to fill your I693 form (not sure if the Dr in your country gave you a DS3025 after the medical examination)

-Think about your luggage: is very hard to pack your whole life in 4 bags lol go through all your clothes and think about what to donate/give away and what you want to bring here,maybe there are things with sentimental value that you want to take with you (you son's favorite toy/blanket make a list, so you don't get stressed later!)

-This might sound silly, but trust me it was veery helpful: with your fiancee address go to street view on google and take a few "virtual walks" lol around your neighborhood, I did it and tried to get familiar with the streets names, the closest drugstore, supermarket, etc. Once you get here you won't be driving right away and staying at home can be very boring after a few days, this helped me to not to be afraid to go out for a walk and visit the places I saw online.

Soon you will come back to VJ with a happy story, soon this storm will pass, nobody is saying is not going to happen, it is just taking a bit more of time, but the love of your life is waiting for you, you guys will be together, this is just one bump in the road and everything will be fine, be positive Anita tocaya!

I hope it helps!

Have a great day!!

Anna. :goofy:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Anita, I am not here to tell you to relax or calm down, I understand your pain, at some point we all have been in your shoes! :clock:

My advise is try to do some of the things that I did, they were very helpful:

- Check online what you need to get married here. (how to get a marriage license, how much does it cost,where to go etc)

-Surround yourself with happy thoughts: think about what type of dress are you going to wear for your wedding,wedding bands,a cute outfit for your son,who's going to be there to take pictures,etc

-Make a folder with the documents you are going to need here: immunization cards, birth certificates, diplomas or school certificates,etc

-Get familiar with the AOS process: check form by form, download them to your computer and start filling the blank spaces with the information you have now, look up for a civil surgeon (in case you need it) to fill your I693 form (not sure if the Dr in your country gave you a DS3025 after the medical examination)

-Think about your luggage: is very hard to pack your whole life in 4 bags lol go through all your clothes and think about what to donate/give away and what you want to bring here,maybe there are things with sentimental value that you want to take with you (you son's favorite toy/blanket make a list, so you don't get stressed later!)

-This might sound silly, but trust me it was veery helpful: with your fiancee address go to street view on google and take a few "virtual walks" lol around your neighborhood, I did it and tried to get familiar with the streets names, the closest drugstore, supermarket, etc. Once you get here you won't be driving right away and staying at home can be very boring after a few days, this helped me to not to be afraid to go out for a walk and visit the places I saw online.

Soon you will come back to VJ with a happy story, soon this storm will pass, nobody is saying is not going to happen, it is just taking a bit more of time, but the love of your life is waiting for you, you guys will be together, this is just one bump in the road and everything will be fine, be positive Anita tocaya!

I hope it helps!

Have a great day!!

Anna. :goofy:

****Sorry Anita I just saw your fiance is the one coming from the DR.

Tried to edit the post but VJ won't let me.

positive thoughts all your way!! (F)

Ty thise are all great ideas ? i reslly appreciate everyones messages.

This is a tough spot because im not denied so im just stuck waiting.

I will ser about marrying in DR worse comes to worse as well.

Todays just been tougher then most.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

I am sorry to see you are still waiting!

I am leaving next Thursday for two weeks, and I sure hope not to end up in another long wait!

sending you happy vibes you hear something soon :)

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Thank you ?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Case updated today not sure if good or bad...still in AP

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

fingers and toes crossed for much needed good news!

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Isuueddddd :dancing:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Thank youuuu im sooo happy my boss is looking at me like im crazyy i cant stop smiling

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.