12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys I'm new here , I have couple of questions if anybody help I will be appreciated

I'm Egyptian man 24 years old , I just get engaged to 20 years old American citizen born in Egypt both Muslim ,

And we speaks same language (Arabic). I met her through face book since July , she came to Egypt for two weeks In September stay in our home with my family , Everybody loves her mom ,dad and my sister , I propose to her .

She is in college she will finish her school in 8 month , we want to start our fiancé visa now .

First question : we are worry if we start now will be read flag on our case , we read that a lot because we know each other for 3 months ?

Second question : she lives with her lil sister , her dad was abused them hitting them a lot (bad temper) they call the cops went to court and move away from him , they don't have any contact with her family anymore ?she don't have anybody , is this will be aproblem ?

She's working and going to school she's a great person .

Can anybody please let me know if everything will be okay or not ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Ibrahim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When will you be seeing each other next?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe be better to wait until after her next trip, spend some quality time together, seems a bit rushed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you for your taking the time to respond , our consideration was if we wait 8 more months and start filling the case we not gonna be together at least For two more years and if she get job after gratutions will be so hard to taking time off to visiting me , looks like is wasting of time in our end . And really getting frustrated when you don't know what you do !

Thanks again I appreciate your thoughts

I too would recommend waiting and getting to know each other better. I know being apart is terrible - my husband and I dated long-distance for 3 years. But you have known each other for just 2 months and already you're ready to marry someone you've met just once in real life. That does seem rushed as you live thousands of miles apart.

You don't have to wait until she is done with the program in 8 months to file. But get to know her better and then file. Good luck! :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Timeline

Hi guys I'm new here , I have couple of questions if anybody help I will be appreciated

I'm Egyptian man 24 years old , I just get engaged to 20 years old American citizen born in Egypt both Muslim ,

And we speaks same language (Arabic). I met her through face book since July , she came to Egypt for two weeks In September stay in our home with my family , Everybody loves her mom ,dad and my sister , I propose to her .

She is in college she will finish her school in 8 month , we want to start our fiancé visa now .

First question : we are worry if we start now will be read flag on our case , we read that a lot because we know each other for 3 months ?

Second question : she lives with her lil sister , her dad was abused them hitting them a lot (bad temper) they call the cops went to court and move away from him , they don't have any contact with her family anymore ?she don't have anybody , is this will be aproblem ?

She's working and going to school she's a great person .

Can anybody please let me know if everything will be okay or not ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Ibrahim

Here's my two cents:

There are special circumstances where people can marry without meeting one another, and since your both Muslim this can be waived because Islamic marriage prohibits dating, ect. There is a portion on the application form which states to explain how you met. When you file your paperwork be sure to explain that she met with your family and what not.

My other suggestion is, from an entirely cultural point of view, wouldn't you want to wait until she is finished with college? If she is finishing in 8 months, the K1 visa can take as little as 4 months to complete. Would you want to begin your life together while she would be preparing for college finals? I know traditionally in Egyptian families, they usually wait until after the girl is finished with college to marry because the added stress of marriage and caring for the home can put a lot of weight on a girl finishing college. You said she is also working which will also add a lot of stress on her. I would also suggest you consider the stress living with with her sister could put on your relationship and consider what you will do while waiting for your working visa and change of case status. Just some things to think of... Before you decide what to do.

Her having limited family shouldn't do anything for your case. I haven't heard that one before. And they may flag your relationship but as long as you can verify that you have a valid relationship (maybe like having pictures of her meeting with your family since family is important in Egyptian culture) I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue.

I think your biggest issue is the challenges you face if you rush things too quickly. Maybe wait until after her next visit when she finishes college and take more time to get to know one another.

"Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly and never regret anything that made you smile."

Our Story:

Tiger (Egypt) & Gaharia (USA)

10/15/2013--------Met through Mutual Friend

10/16/2013--------Engaged

11/26/2013--------My first flight/Trip to Egypt

11/28/2013--------Met in person for the first time

09/29/2014--------I return to USA :cry:

03/06/2015--------Second trip to Egypt

06/30/2016--------Mail 1-129F

07/08/2016--------NOA1 Received :dancing:

09/27/2016--------Transferred to VSC

11/08/2016--------4 months and nothing yet... So frustrated! :ranting:

11/09/2016--------Wedding date postponed :crying:

Timeline

Thank you for your taking the time to respond , our consideration was if we wait 8 more months and start filling the case we not gonna be together at least For two more years and if she get job after gratutions will be so hard to taking time off to visiting me , looks like is wasting of time in our end . And really getting frustrated when you don't know what you do !

Thanks again I appreciate your thoughts

I would not necessarily say it would take two years if you file in 8 months. I know a friend of my husband who is Egyptian and he and his fiance were together in the US 4 1/2 months from the time they mailed out the K1 application. K1 visas take considerably less time than marriage visas in most cases.

"Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly and never regret anything that made you smile."

Our Story:

Tiger (Egypt) & Gaharia (USA)

10/15/2013--------Met through Mutual Friend

10/16/2013--------Engaged

11/26/2013--------My first flight/Trip to Egypt

11/28/2013--------Met in person for the first time

09/29/2014--------I return to USA :cry:

03/06/2015--------Second trip to Egypt

06/30/2016--------Mail 1-129F

07/08/2016--------NOA1 Received :dancing:

09/27/2016--------Transferred to VSC

11/08/2016--------4 months and nothing yet... So frustrated! :ranting:

11/09/2016--------Wedding date postponed :crying:

Timeline

Here's my two cents:

There are special circumstances where people can marry without meeting one another, and since your both Muslim this can be waived because Islamic marriage prohibits dating, ect. There is a portion on the application form which states to explain how you met. When you file your paperwork be sure to explain that she met with your family and what not.

My other suggestion is, from an entirely cultural point of view, wouldn't you want to wait until she is finished with college? If she is finishing in 8 months, the K1 visa can take as little as 4 months to complete. Would you want to begin your life together while she would be preparing for college finals? I know traditionally in Egyptian families, they usually wait until after the girl is finished with college to marry because the added stress of marriage and caring for the home can put a lot of weight on a girl finishing college. You said she is also working which will also add a lot of stress on her. I would also suggest you consider the stress living with with her sister could put on your relationship and consider what you will do while waiting for your working visa and change of case status. Just some things to think of... Before you decide what to do.

Her having limited family shouldn't do anything for your case. I haven't heard that one before. And they may flag your relationship but as long as you can verify that you have a valid relationship (maybe like having pictures of her meeting with your family since family is important in Egyptian culture) I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue.

I think your biggest issue is the challenges you face if you rush things too quickly. Maybe wait until after her next visit when she finishes college and take more time to get to know one another.

thank you so much for taking the time to give us the great advice , i agree about the stress level could she have special in her final exam , but the point we were worry about is she study dentist assistant and she said in end of her program she will have traning in medical filed must have to finshed the program and if she get job right away through the traning it will be difficult to get off special in beginig of her job . that's will saprate us almost 2 years .

so we thought we start the process in a few month ,because from what i saw the k1 visa from egypt takes between 6 to 9 month , some cases tooks over a year for some reason ....we try to be in safe side.

thanks again for your advices we looking to hear from you soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Other than the fact that I agree with the other here that you should give yourselves some time. One of the things you should consider before starting is the Affidavit of support. You mentioned that she is working while going to school. Is it a stable job? And does it meet 125% of the HHS poverty line required for her state? She will need to prove that she can support you financially when your application reaches the embassy in Egypt (about 5 months after you submit your application). And you mentioned that she is not very close to her family so she might not be able to get a co sponsor. Make sure you have this part covered too before you submit your K1.

This book proved to be very useful for us so far while working on our case. Highly recommend it
https://www.amazon.com/Ilona-Bray-Fiance-Marriage-Visas/dp/B00N4F0J72/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475184289&sr=1-1&keywords=Fiance+and+Marriage+Visas%3A+A+Couple%27s+Guide+to+US+Immigration+%28Fiance+%26+Marriage+Visas%29+8th+Edition

Timeline

thank you mayar for your respond , yes she don't make enough money but we already line up co-sponsor friend of my family will do that for us .that's was not the issue , the issue is after finishing her program which will take 8 months she will have a job and she can't take any off in beginig of her job !, so that's will put us away from each other for almost 2 years !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.