4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello VJ!!!! After 131 days our case was approved last night at 8:01PM! I know the NVC will not receive our paperwork for sometime... But I wanted to know who does some cases get sent over within a day or two and others take 1-4wks? Do they send them over in a batch? Will it show it was sent over on the USCIS website?

I want to get everything together so I can send all the document to Ethiopia in the next few weeks so he can have them for his interview. We're praying we can get his interview mid next month, so he can come in November.

Edited by JenCherry86

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello VJ!!!! After 131 days our case was approved last night at 8:01PM! I know the NVC will not receive our paperwork for sometime... But I wanted to know who does some cases get sent over within a day or two and others take 1-4wks? Do they send them over in a batch? Will it show it was sent over on the USCIS website?

I want to get everything together so I can send all the document to Ethiopia in the next few weeks so he can have them for his interview. We're praying we can get his interview mid next month, so he can come in November.

Hi JenCherry,

I my case, after receiving the paper NOA2, I waited for 5 days then started calling NVC everyday (two times a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon) to ask if they have received my case from USCIS. Three days later they told me they got my case. Then I asked them when they'll assign my case number, they said didn't know. So I kept calling them again the next day and I received my case number, it has 3 letters and 10 numbers.

Now I became proactive. I went online and filled out DS-160 form and got the confirmation bar code page and emailed it to my fiancee in the foreign country. Then I set up an account in the visa page, filled out all the necessary information, then got the visa payment instruction slip with the CGI code in it.

I emailed the CGI slip to my fiancee. She printed it out, and brought it with her passport to a payment place (in her case it was the post office) and paid for the visa fee $265 after converting to her country currency. We then waited until the afternoon of the next day for the payment went through. Then I logged back into the visa website and scheduled the interview online. The calendar was full up to two months so I had to schedule our interview day 2.5 months later. I don't know if you can be lucky enough to get the schedule by next month.

My fiancee then called the hospital and scheduled her physical examination. Now we are waiting for the Interview Invitation Letter (package 3 instruction) from the Consulate for the next steps.

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi JenCherry,

I my case, after receiving the paper NOA2, I waited for 5 days then started calling NVC everyday (two times a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon) to ask if they have received my case from USCIS. Three days later they told me they got my case. Then I asked them when they'll assign my case number, they said didn't know. So I kept calling them again the next day and I received my case number, it has 3 letters and 10 numbers.

Now I became proactive. I went online and filled out DS-160 form and got the confirmation bar code page and emailed it to my fiancee in the foreign country. Then I set up an account in the visa page, filled out all the necessary information, then got the visa payment instruction slip with the CGI code in it.

I emailed the CGI slip to my fiancee. She printed it out, and brought it with her passport to a payment place (in her case it was the post office) and paid for the visa fee $265 after converting to her country currency. We then waited until the afternoon of the next day for the payment went through. Then I logged back into the visa website and scheduled the interview online. The calendar was full up to two months so I had to schedule our interview day 2.5 months later. I don't know if you can be lucky enough to get the schedule by next month.

My fiancee then called the hospital and scheduled her physical examination. Now we are waiting for the Interview Invitation Letter (package 3 instruction) from the Consulate for the next steps.

Good luck

thank you very much for that, I am almost done with the D160 form. I am waiting to hear from someone who's also a Ethiopia interviewer to see what the dates are for interviews. We're praying there isn't a long wait for an interview. thank you for the information too.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.