k1visaapproved

Packet 3 and Packet 4 confusion

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you, That was helpful. Couple of further doubts that I do have:

1. I 134 is for my fiance (petitioner living in US) as this is proof of support?

2. Do I need to prepare any of other set of documents other than PCC in the meantime?

3. My case was registered by NVC on Oct 13th, so any idea generally how long does it take to push them the case to embassy?

Thanks again ..

Yes, the I-134 is for the petitioner. Your fiance will have to send all the supporting documents to you.

Just the PCC and any other documents that you may want to show as proof of your relationship.

It normally takes 3-7 days for the NVC to send out your file to the embassy. I would say give it till about the end of October to hear from the embassy. It generally takes about 2-3 weeks from once you have your NVC case number. Keep tracking your case on the CEAC website.

When you have the appointment letter from the embassy - you can go ahead and schedule the medical and fill out the DS 160 and pay the visa fee.

In some cases if the embassy takes long to send out your appointment letter you can call them 3-4 days after the CEAC website says your case is ready and see if they have sent out the letter. In any case you can always ask them to email the letter to you as well.

Yes, the I-134 is for the petitioner. Your fiance will have to send all the supporting documents to you.

Just the PCC and any other documents that you may want to show as proof of your relationship.

It normally takes 3-7 days for the NVC to send out your file to the embassy. I would say give it till about the end of October to hear from the embassy. It generally takes about 2-3 weeks from once you have your NVC case number. Keep tracking your case on the CEAC website.

When you have the appointment letter from the embassy - you can go ahead and schedule the medical and fill out the DS 160 and pay the visa fee.

In some cases if the embassy takes long to send out your appointment letter you can call them 3-4 days after the CEAC website says your case is ready and see if they have sent out the letter. In any case you can always ask them to email the letter to you as well.

Thank you so much this was really informative!

I have the status changed to transit so hopefully embassy should receive the packet by mid of next week.

I have a quick question (may be silly) - how beneficial is to go together with your US fiance? I know its not mandate but I have heard, if you both go consulate doesn't give you big hard time with their questions.. Is that true? Any trend analysis or something ..

Thanks again for your help here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I went down there for the interview and when the CO asked my fiance when was the last time she saw me, she said an hour ago , the CO had a big smile :) Now in my case it seemed like it helped. The reason why i said might, is because they didn't ask for any proof that I was actually there or not. Its not a guarantee that your being there helps or not, but it certainly doesnt hurt if you are able to attend.

Thank you so much this was really informative!

I have the status changed to transit so hopefully embassy should receive the packet by mid of next week.

I have a quick question (may be silly) - how beneficial is to go together with your US fiance? I know its not mandate but I have heard, if you both go consulate doesn't give you big hard time with their questions.. Is that true? Any trend analysis or something ..

Thanks again for your help here!

K1 Journey

04/22/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX

04/27/16....Delivered at Dallas, TX

04/29/16....USCIS Receive Date (Printed on NOA1)

05/02/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/09/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

07/12/16....NOA2 Approval Text & Email received (74 days)

07/16/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received (4 days from text)

07/28/16....NVC Received Case (16 days from text)

08/01/16....Consulate Received Case

09/30/16....Interview

10/04/16....Visa Received

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

11/18/16....Packet mailed to Chicago Lock Box, IL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.