k1visaapproved

Packet 3 and Packet 4 confusion

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

-Also, I had an extra question, Our status on vfs site reads "READY" to set up an interview, what does this mean?

- I am not sure if I am suppose to book the interview, the site says I have to wait for a letter asking me to book an interview, is this correct?

-My fiance just received NVC letter stating our case number in it, I am guessing they have already sent our case to the Mumbai Embassy but I have not received any Packet 3 or 4 according to my understanding (after reading on vj) I will not get a Packet 3 from them, probably will get an email. Am I suppose to send these documents somewhere if yes, then Where and when should I send the documents mentioned on the Packet 3?

I called the customer service today and she said she sent an email on my behalf requesting for packet 3 and packet 4. I am going to call them again tomorrow, but is there anyone over here who have gone through this mess and came out successfully lol?!

Thank you so much, really appreciate all the responses!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey there, the information for India is surprisingly old and vague. Here are the steps I took (I am not sure what the vfs site is, dont recall that one) :-

After i saw that the NVC site said "Ready" I had my fiance fill out the DS-160 and get her Police Clearance Certificate.

After a week or so of the Consulate receiving my petition, they mailed out a Packet 4 to her ( look at Packet 4 for K visa here https://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html).Once we got this, the medical and interview was scheduled. Some people got it via email after they called in saying they hadn't received anything in the mail.

The instructions on the US Travel Docs are much better -> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp

Let me know if you need more help or clarifications

K1 Journey

04/22/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX

04/27/16....Delivered at Dallas, TX

04/29/16....USCIS Receive Date (Printed on NOA1)

05/02/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/09/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

07/12/16....NOA2 Approval Text & Email received (74 days)

07/16/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received (4 days from text)

07/28/16....NVC Received Case (16 days from text)

08/01/16....Consulate Received Case

09/30/16....Interview

10/04/16....Visa Received

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

11/18/16....Packet mailed to Chicago Lock Box, IL

Timeline

hank you thank you thank you for your response...

I am sorry that I am so full of questions but..'

So basically I don't have to send any documents anywhere (for Packet 3), right? I just have to carry them during my interview?

I am assuming you guys did the scheduling of the interview and medical, and not them?

Also, how long did it take to get the PCC?

Thanks again for your time! :)

Timeline

No worries about that, I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago and people were so helpful. So dont mind helping at all :)

The only things I did before getting the packet 4 was to complete the DS-160 and get the PCC. Everything else was after that.

There is no packet 3 anymore and no documentation has to be sent till the interviews. You will just receive a packet 4 in the mail and till your interview you will be gathering documentation etc which you will carry with you during the interview.

Yes, we scheduled the medical and interview, not them. For Mumbai, the medical is done at rele clinic (http://www.releclinic.com/appointments.aspx). You can use the link I have put here, enter in the info and they will contact you to schedule a date. My fiance let them know that since this is a K1 visa she doesn't have an appointment letter, so I think all they needed was the packet 4 from the embassy (They will tell you all the documentation you need to bring with you)

The PCC was quite straight forward. If you look at my historical posts I have instructions for how to go about getting it. It didnt take more than 3 - 4 days. Its best to get that done quickly since it is valid for 1 year and is an easy doc to take care of.

hank you thank you thank you for your response...

I am sorry that I am so full of questions but..'

So basically I don't have to send any documents anywhere (for Packet 3), right? I just have to carry them during my interview?

I am assuming you guys did the scheduling of the interview and medical, and not them?

Also, how long did it take to get the PCC?

Thanks again for your time! :)

Edited by cricketman

K1 Journey

09/30/16....Interview

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

Timeline

I cant find that post anymore so here is the email I had sent her

1) Police Clearance Certificate :

Procedure for applying PCC -

Register through the Passport Seva Portal. (Click on "Register" link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
Login to the Passport Seva Portal with the User ID created as above
Click "Apply for Police Clearance Certificate" link.
Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
Choose Alternative 1
After filling in all the details, VALIDATE & SAVE it on your DESKTOP (its easier to upload later on)
Go to Alternative 1 again & select "Click here to upload the form" & upload the file you have saved on your desktop
Then go to Applicant Home page. Select "View Saved/Submitted Applications"
Select the saved application & take a printout of Application Receipt

Now with this printout you just have to walk into your nearest Passport office or Passport Seva Kendra during 9am to 11am ONLY. Take the token number & just follow the instructions.

Documents you need to carry is just a photocopy of your passport with your signature & your original Passport. The fee is Rs. 500 & has to be paid at the passport office only. Just walk in with this preparation, rest they will take care of.

K1 Journey

09/30/16....Interview

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

Timeline

Omg thank you soooo much for clearing all my doubts GOD BLESS YOU!

Wish they were more clear like you in explaining the darn steps :)

Are you guys done with the interview? .. if no, then all the best to you and your fiancee :D

Timeline

Thank you very much....wishing yall the best with the process and onwards :)

our interview is coming up at the end of the month, so now its just painful waiting. Thanks :)

Omg thank you soooo much for clearing all my doubts GOD BLESS YOU!

Wish they were more clear like you in explaining the darn steps :)

Are you guys done with the interview? .. if no, then all the best to you and your fiancee :D

K1 Journey

09/30/16....Interview

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

-Also, I had an extra question, Our status on vfs site reads "READY" to set up an interview, what does this mean?

- I am not sure if I am suppose to book the interview, the site says I have to wait for a letter asking me to book an interview, is this correct?

-My fiance just received NVC letter stating our case number in it, I am guessing they have already sent our case to the Mumbai Embassy but I have not received any Packet 3 or 4 according to my understanding (after reading on vj) I will not get a Packet 3 from them, probably will get an email. Am I suppose to send these documents somewhere if yes, then Where and when should I send the documents mentioned on the Packet 3?

I called the customer service today and she said she sent an email on my behalf requesting for packet 3 and packet 4. I am going to call them again tomorrow, but is there anyone over here who have gone through this mess and came out successfully lol?!

Thank you so much, really appreciate all the responses!

Hey

Our case status reads "READY" as well. I was wondering what number did you call for customer service to request for Packet 3 and 4. Have you received those packets yet?

This is all so confusing and i'm so glad everyone on VJ is so helpful!

Thanks

Timeline

Hey

Our case status reads "READY" as well. I was wondering what number did you call for customer service to request for Packet 3 and 4. Have you received those packets yet?

This is all so confusing and i'm so glad everyone on VJ is so helpful!

Thanks

Hey,

Call 91-120-4844644 they will ask for your case number, also there is no packet 3, only instructions list!

They will mail you the instructions list which tells you what to do next :) all the best!

Thank you very much....wishing yall the best with the process and onwards :)

our interview is coming up at the end of the month, so now its just painful waiting. Thanks :)

I know!

But all the best you guys, hang in there! :)

Timeline

Hey,

Call 91-120-4844644 they will ask for your case number, also there is no packet 3, only instructions list!

They will mail you the instructions list which tells you what to do next :) all the best!

I know!

But all the best you guys, hang in there! :)

Question - How much did you pay for your medical exam?

Timeline

Question - How much did you pay for your medical exam?

They asked me to bring 8000 rupees! But since I had already taken all the vaccinations I only had to pay 5000.

Timeline

They asked me to bring 8000 rupees! But since I had already taken all the vaccinations I only had to pay 5000.

Thanks for responding. I set up an appointment with them today and they asked me to bring 20000 for the exam and the tests.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, I have just received my case number and Invoice number from NVC, can somebody please help me with the next step.

I see all the discussions happened above are things to do after case is "Ready" but when I check the status in CEAC, it says In NVC

Thanks in advance..

Timeline

Hey folks, I have just received my case number and Invoice number from NVC, can somebody please help me with the next step.

I see all the discussions happened above are things to do after case is "Ready" but when I check the status in CEAC, it says In NVC

Thanks in advance..

Hey

It must have not left the NVC yet. Once it leaves the embassy and is on its way to your consulate the CEAC website status will say "In Transit". Once it gets to your consulate it will say ready. In the mean time you should start gathering all your documents mainly PCC, I-134 documents, and anything else you may need. You will have to wait for the consulate to send you a letter to schedule the medical. Hope this helps.

Hey

It must have not left the NVC yet. Once it leaves the embassy and is on its way to your consulate the CEAC website status will say "In Transit". Once it gets to your consulate it will say ready. In the mean time you should start gathering all your documents mainly PCC, I-134 documents, and anything else you may need. You will have to wait for the consulate to send you a letter to schedule the medical. Hope this helps.

Thank you, That was helpful. Couple of further doubts that I do have:

1. I 134 is for my fiance (petitioner living in US) as this is proof of support?

2. Do I need to prepare any of other set of documents other than PCC in the meantime?

3. My case was registered by NVC on Oct 13th, so any idea generally how long does it take to push them the case to embassy?

Thanks again ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.