smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

Hello, I had my interview last Friday and I must say that I was impressed on how easy the entire process (test) was. I PASSED!!!  The Oath ceremonies was on the same day, received my official Certificate of naturalization and now ready for my  passport! :D 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline
2 hours ago, aaliyah580 said:

Hello, I had my interview last Friday and I must say that I was impressed on how easy the entire process (test) was. I PASSED!!!  The Oath ceremonies was on the same day, received my official Certificate of naturalization and now ready for my  passport! :D 

Congratulations! You're really lucky to have been able to do the same day ceremony.

I did my interview on March 18 and I'm still waiting for my official oath ceremony notice.

There's a VERY SLIM chance I will get it tomorrow in which case I might be able to go on May 9 (Tuesday), but 99% it will be June 13 or even later.

Filed: Timeline
14 hours ago, pieguy said:

Congratulations! You're really lucky to have been able to do the same day ceremony.

I did my interview on March 18 and I'm still waiting for my official oath ceremony notice.

There's a VERY SLIM chance I will get it tomorrow in which case I might be able to go on May 9 (Tuesday), but 99% it will be June 13 or even later.

how do you know when the oath ceremony will be for Washington DC filers?my interview was on april 24th 2017

Timeline
2 hours ago, jc84 said:

how do you know when the oath ceremony will be for Washington DC filers?my interview was on april 24th 2017

DC does naturalization ONCE a month, second Tuesday of every month.

Here is the official information: http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/2017ceremonydates2.pdf

But this is only if you actually LIVE in DC, if you live in Virginia it's a different schedule, even though DC and Northern Virginia both do the interviews at the same office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, pieguy said:

DC does naturalization ONCE a month, second Tuesday of every month.

Here is the official information: http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/2017ceremonydates2.pdf

But this is only if you actually LIVE in DC, if you live in Virginia it's a different schedule, even though DC and Northern Virginia both do the interviews at the same office. 

No letter yet?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Celeste & C said:

No letter yet?

Nope! Haven't checked today, but I'm not expecting anything.

I will be very annoyed if it comes on Wednesday and it turns out I've just missed it!

1 minute ago, pieguy said:

Nope! Haven't checked today, but I'm not expecting anything.

I will be very annoyed if it comes on Wednesday and it turns out I've just missed it!

have you try to call uscis and ask to speak to tier 2 officer they will be able to give you the date and time of OATH. even fax you over the letter

Timeline
3 minutes ago, maria betances said:

have you try to call uscis and ask to speak to tier 2 officer they will be able to give you the date and time of OATH. even fax you over the letter

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. I guess I should call right now since the ceremony is tomorrow. 

Do you happen to have the number you called written down? I will search for it of course but if you have it that's even better.

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. I guess I should call right now since the ceremony is tomorrow. 

Do you happen to have the number you called written down? I will search for it of course but if you have it that's even better.

1 (800) 375-5283

Timeline
9 minutes ago, maria betances said:

YW

Hi Maria, I called the number and actually got through to a person very easy and she was actually very nice but she didn't have any more information. She said I should call again after May 24 if I don't get the letter.

I am not sure if she was a tier 2 officer, but at this point it looks like I'm not on tomorrow's list for DC since hopefully she would have been able to tell me that even if the letter was still in the mail.

Hi Maria, I called the number and actually got through to a person very easy and she was actually very nice but she didn't have any more information. She said I should call again after May 24 if I don't get the letter.

I am not sure if she was a tier 2 officer, but at this point it looks like I'm not on tomorrow's list for DC since hopefully she would have been able to tell me that even if the letter was still in the mail.

you should ask to talk to tier 2 officer. the person that answer the phone only give you the answer that is in the web site. only the tier 2 is able to get into detail about you case.

Timeline
1 minute ago, maria betances said:

you should ask to talk to tier 2 officer. the person that answer the phone only give you the answer that is in the web site. only the tier 2 is able to get into detail about you case.

OK, let me try again, I will tell them that I have been waiting since March 18 and that I need to speak to a tier 2 officer.

Timeline

Maria, you were right! This time I had to stay on the line and argue with the first person why she should transfer me to someone else.

Unfortunately the second person told me that they have scheduled me for June 13th. 

She said that they probably couldn't fit in any more people in the courtroom for tomorrow. 

Now I wonder if I could have got it changed if I'd argued ...? Maybe if I'd told her that I would be traveling and so I really need to do it tomorrow?

But in any case, it was good to get a definite answer.

I'll probably be one of the last of the December filers to get mine!

Edited by pieguy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.