Sarasota

After the NOA2, do you get given dates for the medical and interview, or do you book them both?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering how this works. I am expecting an NOA2 some time soon. Once I get this am I given dates for the medical and interview? Do I book one or both myself? ie will I have any choice?

Thanks

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

You get to pick both for a Londn interview when you have done certain steps. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

It doesn't happen the day you find out the petition was approved. There is a certain amount of waiting still. Read all the links on the London instruction page so you are prepared. Get your shots and police certificate NOW.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Once you receive the NOA2 your case will be sent to the National Visa Center who will forward the case to Embassy of your fiance's country. You should start gathering all of your documents (police certificate, military record, etc). Once you receive a letter from the NVC that they are sending your case to the Embassy, you can call the NVC and they will give you the case number. Once you have the case number, you can go online and apply for the visa (DS-160). Once you submit the DS-160 and pay the visa fee you should be able to schedule the interview. I am told that each Embassy's procedure is slightly different. But in my case the letter said the Consulate would contact me. They never did. Apparently the procedure for Israel was to file the DS-160, pay the fee and then make an appointment. Your medical is good for 6 months, so you might want to schedule that now and get it over with. Good luck!

You get to pick both for a Londn interview when you have done certain steps. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

It doesn't happen the day you find out the petition was approved. There is a certain amount of waiting still. Read all the links on the London instruction page so you are prepared. Get your shots and police certificate NOW.

Hi, thank you, yeah I will be using London. I understand there is more paperwork between NOA2 and the medical interview yeah!

The reason I ask is I am actually visiting my fiancee in November for thanksgiving. We are worried there might be a clash with the interview or even the approval (you can't enter for a 'holiday' with a K1 as it is only good for 1 entry?).

Worst case scenario the trip is cancelled which we are prepared for. Hopefully we can plan everything around it

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

ROC Timeline

Just read the London instructions I gave you if you want to stay on the right track. You can't book the medical now as the person from Israel stated because you don't know your new case number and might not have your police certificate yet. Each consulate varies. There is a UK forum on here that would be a good place for you to start asking questions now.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Once you receive the NOA2 your case will be sent to the National Visa Center who will forward the case to Embassy of your fiance's country. You should start gathering all of your documents (police certificate, military record, etc). Once you receive a letter from the NVC that they are sending your case to the Embassy, you can call the NVC and they will give you the case number. Once you have the case number, you can go online and apply for the visa (DS-160). Once you submit the DS-160 and pay the visa fee you should be able to schedule the interview. I am told that each Embassy's procedure is slightly different. But in my case the letter said the Consulate would contact me. They never did. Apparently the procedure for Israel was to file the DS-160, pay the fee and then make an appointment. Your medical is good for 6 months, so you might want to schedule that now and get it over with. Good luck!

Thank you!

N-400 Timeline

ROC Timeline

Hi, thank you, yeah I will be using London. I understand there is more paperwork between NOA2 and the medical interview yeah!

The reason I ask is I am actually visiting my fiancee in November for thanksgiving. We are worried there might be a clash with the interview or even the approval (you can't enter for a 'holiday' with a K1 as it is only good for 1 entry?).

Worst case scenario the trip is cancelled which we are prepared for. Hopefully we can plan everything around it

You can stall the London part and pick dates after your holiday. But get all the paperwork needed now so you are ready to go when you get back.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

You can stall the London part and pick dates after your holiday. But get all the paperwork needed now so you are ready to go when you get back.

This is exactly what we were hoping was possible, thanks for your help.

That link was very helpful too!

N-400 Timeline

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.