rizzeeh27

Need advise.. Thanks!

8 posts in this topic

Im posting this for my friend. any advise and suggestion are appreciated..

Namatay yung dad ng friend ko last month, he has dual citizenship ( US and fil). she's illegitimate child, kasi my previous marriage yung dad nya ditto sa US back in 2001. same year din 2001 pinakasalan ng daddy nya yung mommy nya, both of her parents nasa birth certificate nya. when her parents got married, US citizen na ang dad nya, kaso hindi daw ata naifile ng dad nya sa US em manila para maging citizen din sya bilang anak since 11y.o palang sya that time. her and her mom never been in the US.

The question ay

1. Is theres a way na maihabol pa na makapunta yung friend ko (26yrs old,umarried, with child) sa US based sa citizenship ng tatay nya?

2. What would be the first step to do?

Thanks!

You can post your questions in your native tongue but to get a wider selection of answers posting in English would be ideal. Hope you get your questions answered.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Yes. Same case sakin. I was 13 when my dad passed away, my Mom filed for the CRBA for us. she just needs proof of her Dad's residency in the US, citizenship and kailangan iprove nya na anak talaga sya. Kailangan din may proof na magkasama parents nya nung nabuo sya. Nung nagfile kami we submitted around 20 binders of evidence kasi mas mahirap iprove pag wala na yung tao.

For the child I don't think mapapasa nya ang citizenship dahil nung nangnak sya di pa sya US Citizen.

Gaano katagal nagstay ang Dad nya sa US?

Translating ...

Im posting this for my friend. any advise and suggestion are appreciated.. (I'm posting this for my friend. Any advice and suggestion are appreciated)

Namatay yung dad ng friend ko last month, he has dual citizenship ( US and fil). (The father of my friend died last month, he has dual citizenship (US and FIL) she's illegitimate child, kasi my previous marriage yung dad nya ditto sa US back in 2001. (she's an illegitimate child due to a previous marriage of her dad here in the US in 2001) same year din 2001 pinakasalan ng daddy nya yung mommy nya, both of her parents nasa birth certificate nya.(same year, 2001 he also married my friends mom, both of her parents name is listed on her birth certificate) when her parents got married, US citizen na ang dad nya, kaso hindi daw ata naifile ng dad nya sa US em manila para maging citizen din sya bilang anak since 11y.o palang sya that time. her and her mom never been in the US (When her parents got married, her father is already a US citizen but he did not file/register the childs birth at the US embassy in Manila, since she was only 11 y.o at that time and her and her mom never has never been in the US..

The question ay

1. Is theres a way na maihabol pa na makapunta yung friend ko (26yrs old,umarried, with child) sa US based sa citizenship ng tatay nya? (Is there a way to file/register her birth at the USEM so she (unmarried) and her child can go to the US based on the citizenship of her father?

2. What would be the first step to do?

Thanks!

@CLAIREBEAR24.

The dad stayed in US for a long time, because he completed his full retirement in US before he goes back to the Philippines for good. and yes, when she was born her dad was still Fil citizen, it was 1998 when her dad became US Cit.

@Gypsy Girl: Thanks You for translating.. :)

@Greenbaum: You are right. Thank God Gypsy girl already translated it for me.. Thanks also.

The father of the child would had to have the nationality of the United States at the time of the child's birth to qualify.

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.