Shayney08

CRBA/Passport in Manila.

10 posts in this topic

I'm about to mail in the package. Here is what I'm submitting. How does it look, and any thing else you recommend supplying them? Anything Manila specific?

**All are copies, as required by Manila**

1. Fee’s/Forms/Photos: Signed CRBA Checklist, Photos of Applicant and parents, DS-2029

2. Proof of Identity: Copy of childs NSO Birth Certificate, Growing up photos from birth, onwards (child is 5 months old)

3. Proof of parents US citizenship: Passport bio page, birth certificate.

4. Identification for Non-US citizen parent: Passport bio page, drivers licence, NSO birth certificate.

5. Physical Presence/Residence in the US: DD-214, High School Diploma.

6. Legitimation: NSO Marriage certificate, Divorce certificate for US Citizen.

7. Blood Relationship: Prenatal records, Photos of wife during pregnancy

8. Evidence of Physical Presence in same location: Passport page with Philippines Immigration stamps showing father was in country at time of conception, Phone & Electric bills showing shared residence in the Philippines (dated approx. to date of conception)

9. Evidence of couples relationship prior to conception: Personal photos ranging from 2012-2015 (only submitting 3 or 4 photos) **Should I add more?**

10. Completed DS-11

Childs CRBA/US Passport:

Sept 13 - Mailed off our Childs DS-2029 & DS-11.

Sept 15 - Embassy called us to tell us to file the forms at the US Embassy Outreach in Angeles City.

Sept 22 - Submitted forms at the Embassy Outreach.

Sept 26 - CRBA/Passport applications accepted at the Embassy.

Sept 28 - CRBA Issued.

Oct 7 - Received CRBA via Air21.

Oct 4 - Passport issued.

Oct 15 - Received Passport via Air21.

IR-1 Visa Manila DCF:

Oct 7 - Submitted I-130 package.

Oct 20 - I-130 Approval Notice

Oct 21 - Interview scheduling instructions received

Nov 3 - St Lukes Medical Day 1

Nov 4 - St Lukes Day 2. -Medical cleared

Nov 14 - Interview, Visa issued

Nov 18 - Visa delivered via 2Go Dau

Dec 1 - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

Dec 8 - Arrived POE, Orlando, FL.

Dec 12 - SSN Issued (Awaiting delivery)

Dec 17 - SSN Card arrived via USPS

Jan 7 - Green Card arrived

It won't hurt to add more photos, but so far everything seems good!

Thank you very much!

Childs CRBA/US Passport:

Sept 15 - Embassy called us to tell us to file the forms at the US Embassy Outreach in Angeles City.

Sept 28 - CRBA Issued.

Oct 4 - Passport issued.

IR-1 Visa Manila DCF:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Shayney08,

i just submitted the CRBA for my 5 month old daughter born in the Philippines. Along with her DS-11. which were both approved.

Here is my experience.

1. Fee’s/Forms/Photos: Signed CRBA Checklist, Photos of Applicant and parents, DS-2029

MAKE SURE TO CAPITALIZE ALL LAST NAMES IN EVERY FORM STARTING WITH THE COVER LETTER ALL THE WAY TO DS-11. SIGN AND DATE THE BACK OF BOTH PHOTOS WITH PRINTED NAMES AS WELL. PUT IN PLASTIC BAGS.

2. Proof of Identity: Copy of childs NSO Birth Certificate, Growing up photos from birth, onwards (child is 5 months old)

3. Proof of parents US citizenship: Passport bio page, birth certificate.

4. Identification for Non-US citizen parent: Passport bio page, drivers licence, NSO birth certificate.

5. Physical Presence/Residence in the US: DD-214, High School Diploma.

THIS IS ONE THEY WANT TO KNOW. THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE US CITIZEN IS ACTUALLY ONE. THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS AT THE EMBASSY ABOUT THIS. SO ITS OK TO EXPAND BEYOND A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.

6. Legitimation: NSO Marriage certificate, Divorce certificate for US Citizen.

7. Blood Relationship: Prenatal records, Photos of wife during pregnancy.

ANY MORE HOSPITAL RECORDS WITH YOUR NAME ON THEM? DISCHARGE PAPERS, ETC?

8. Evidence of Physical Presence in same location: Passport page with Philippines Immigration stamps showing father was in country at time of conception, Phone & Electric bills showing shared residence in the Philippines (dated approx. to date of conception)

EXPAND ON THIS. TRY TO PRINT ATM WITHDRAWALS WITH LOCATION AT TIME OF CONCEPTION IF YOU CAN, THEY HELPED ME I THINK BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE ANY BILLS PAID WITH MY NAME ON THEM FROM THE PH.

9. Evidence of couples relationship prior to conception: Personal photos ranging from 2012-2015 (only submitting 3 or 4 photos) **Should I add more?**

PUT 5 IF YOU CAN. TIME STAMPED IF YOU HAVE THEM

10. Completed DS-11

The photos are good. it is recommended not to exceed 5, but make them a quality 5. We dont want to waste their precious time but want to prove we mean business by providing 5 good ones that provide proof of what they need.

I'm not an expert on CRBA but I'll share the info I have for your reading.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398109-applying-for-a-consular-report-of-birth-abroad-crba/

Excellent information for CRBA - from 2012 so information may need updating especially fee.

<http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/568593-how-to-apply-crba/>

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've gone ahead and mailed off (via Air21) the package to the Embassy. As for having additional supporting documents pertaining to my citizenship, I'll bring plenty extra. As for hospital discharge paperwork, etc.. I'll ask the wife to hunt it down, its here somewhere. Thanks!

Going to add this here for transparency, I was rather disappointed that it took 13 hours for Air21 to add tracking data for the package, but at 1am it was finally updated. Felt like adding this note incase anyone else have a mini panic attack like I was about to have.

Childs CRBA/US Passport:

Sept 28 - CRBA Issued.

Oct 4 - Passport issued.

IR-1 Visa Manila DCF:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

After mailing off all the requested copies to the Embassy, they called us a couple days later to inform us that no appt was available until mid october, and that we should attend the US Embassy Outreach program at the Lewis Grand Hotel in Angeles City. I went in at 5am to sign in, for CRBA I was the first on the list. The staff at the hotel informed me to return at 8 (be there much earlier!).

They were scheduled to start at 8am. When I arrived again at 7:30 I was informed they had already called our name several times and I argued that this was all supposed to happen at 8 and I'm even 30 minutes early. They accepted us after they finished the person they were already helping.

Once one embassy employee looked through our paperwork to verify, i was instructed to pay (bring exact change to the outreach.) after paying we were shuttled off for the interview where wife and I, along with baby were seen personally and asked a few typical questions (who/what/when/where/why/how's of our relationship). My wife and I both swore an oath and were told every thing was in line and to take the documents over to the air21 table to fill out mailing forms and pay the shipping fee.

We were out of there in about an hour.

To anyone considering going to the Embassy Outreach in Angeles, here are some tips I want to empasize:

-Be there to sign up early, the embassy (when they called me) recommended I be there at 6-6:30. I was there at 5, and wasnt the only one.

-If you dont have to leave, dont.. they didnt seem to stick to there start time, probably in an attempt to help more people

-If you are driving, Lewis Grand Hotel has almost zero parking, be prepared to park down the street and walk back up.

-Bring exact change. The Outreach doesnt take credit cards. They do take US Dollars and Peso. They do not offer change and they cant "keep the change" so it HAS to be exact.

-Be prepared for a ton of people, we only had standing room and its incredibly loud and hard to hear the names being called over the loud speaker or the embassy staff sitting in front of you.

-They post outreach dates here: https://ph.usembassy.gov/category/messages-for-us-citizens/

-For Embassy Outreach, and filing CRBA/US passport for a child, you do not need to mail in the documents first, you can just go to the outreach.

Childs CRBA/US Passport:

Sept 28 - CRBA Issued.

Oct 4 - Passport issued.

IR-1 Visa Manila DCF:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update:

After mailing off all the requested copies to the Embassy, they called us a couple days later to inform us that no appt was available until mid october, and that we should attend the US Embassy Outreach program at the Lewis Grand Hotel in Angeles City. I went in at 5am to sign in, for CRBA I was the first on the list. The staff at the hotel informed me to return at 8 (be there much earlier!).

They were scheduled to start at 8am. When I arrived again at 7:30 I was informed they had already called our name several times and I argued that this was all supposed to happen at 8 and I'm even 30 minutes early. They accepted us after they finished the person they were already helping.

Once one embassy employee looked through our paperwork to verify, i was instructed to pay (bring exact change to the outreach.) after paying we were shuttled off for the interview where wife and I, along with baby were seen personally and asked a few typical questions (who/what/when/where/why/how's of our relationship). My wife and I both swore an oath and were told every thing was in line and to take the documents over to the air21 table to fill out mailing forms and pay the shipping fee.

We were out of there in about an hour.

To anyone considering going to the Embassy Outreach in Angeles, here are some tips I want to empasize:

-Be there to sign up early, the embassy (when they called me) recommended I be there at 6-6:30. I was there at 5, and wasnt the only one.

-If you dont have to leave, dont.. they didnt seem to stick to there start time, probably in an attempt to help more people

-If you are driving, Lewis Grand Hotel has almost zero parking, be prepared to park down the street and walk back up.

-Bring exact change. The Outreach doesnt take credit cards. They do take US Dollars and Peso. They do not offer change and they cant "keep the change" so it HAS to be exact.

-Be prepared for a ton of people, we only had standing room and its incredibly loud and hard to hear the names being called over the loud speaker or the embassy staff sitting in front of you.

-They post outreach dates here: https://ph.usembassy.gov/category/messages-for-us-citizens/

-For Embassy Outreach, and filing CRBA/US passport for a child, you do not need to mail in the documents first, you can just go to the outreach.

Congratulations!!

when my daughter got her CRBA i was actuallyy crying on my way out the door!!

so happy for you!

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, ChrisT4R said:

Quick question,

Do i (father of child who is not attending childs CRBA interview) need to provide passport photos (3 pcs 2x2 )of myself with supporting documents?

You should really start your own topic instead of hijacking a very old post. But yes, they are required

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.