6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello!

My wife just had her ASC interview to gather her biometric data, she received a letter allied a I-751 receipt notice which stated her conditional resident status is extended for one year.

So we had the ASC interview on June 9, 2016, we have not heard anything else since then. We submitted evidence of our marriage and all, were expecting to have some interview to prove we are married, but nothing yet.

We have tried following her status online, but the website does not accept her Receipt number, and calls to USCIS fail to find a real human, and of course the USCIS phone also does not recognize her Receipt number, so we feel there is no one or way to ask about her status.

We would appreciate advice from anyone who has experienced this, namely, how long does this take on average? what should we expect? and is there a way to talk to a real person from USCIS or NCS or anyone?

THank you

Josh

Do you mean ROC? If so, mine took nearly a year. I was not interviewed at all. Do you mean she has had biometrics done? That is not an interview, as I recall.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Yes, I guess we are waiting for her ROC. When i said interview, I guess it was just a biometrics appointment. Nearly one year after your conditional residence expired? Or one year after your biometrics appointment?

From my timeline, it was about 11 months after I filed.:

Date Filed :

2011-10-24 NOA Date : 2011-10-31 Bio. Appt. : 2012-01-05 Interview Date : Approval / Denial Date : 2012-09-01

If you fill in your timeline, people will be better able to answer further questions you may have. When did you file?

The number you use to check your case status is going to be on your biometrics appointment letter.

Timeline

NOA: 2016 04 26 BIO APT: 2016 06 09

Thats all we have so far, I was able to see our case status online using that number you told us to use, unfortunately online they only say

"on april 26 we received your form CRI-89 petition to remove conditions of permanent residence status receipt, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you don't receive your receipt notice by May 26, 2016 please call customer service at --------. "

So it seems they website does not mention our BIO APT or anything after that. And we have had zero luck getting a real person on the customer service phone line. IS there a trick to getting an actual person to talk to about our status or at least some confirmation of where we stand?

It's never been totally reliable. Some never get updates.

Here is a link for you, this is the April ROC filers thread. Other people who filed in April are posting updates and information there, and they have a spreadsheet that shows what progress is being made. Vermont seems slow, although it might swing back, as it sometimes does.

Really have a look at the link. There are plenty of others waiting with you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/591157-i-751-april-2016-filers/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.