Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Transit Visas for Kenyans

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband has a greencard (just received his 10 year). He is from Kenya. We'd like to travel there, but those darn transit visas are a pain. Flights through France and Canada are cheaper. From what I can tell, a Kenyan citizen with US greencard doesn't need a transit visa in Canada or France. Is that right?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to apply for an eTA. This is straight from the CIC (Canadian Immigration and Citizenship) site: "Kenya – Lawful permanent resident of the U.S. with valid Green Card
You need an eTA to visit or transit through Canada by air if you are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and have a valid alien registration card (Green Card).

Note: you will need a passport from your country of nationality to apply for an eTA.

How to apply for an eTA

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes. To apply, you must have a valid passport or acceptable travel document, a credit card, and an email address."

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

However in France you would not need to apply for a visa due to having the green card.

Edited by CDN(ON)-USA(VT)



N400 - Naturalization

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Received notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled

Aug 13, 2018: Received biometrics appt letter online

Aug 28, 2018: Biometrics Appt

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/


"that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding." -Colossians 2:2-

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.