NDB052714

Medical Exam at Bangkok Nursing Hospital (BNH)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Noom had his medical exam scheduled for today, September 5 @ 10:30 AM at BNH. We arrived at 9:30, and they began processing him right away.

First the nurses collected his passport, 4 passport photos, and his email from the embassy with is interview appointment date/time and his visa classification. We sat in the waiting room for a few minutes and then they called him into an interview type room...just him and about 4 nurses. They had him sign consent to be treated forms and stuff like that. Then they took him out the back door into the examining area. One of the nurses came and got me and took me too him so I could be with him every step of the way.

One nurse came and explained to Noom in Thai and then to me in perfect English exactly what would happen each step of the way and she said that most of our time, at least 2 hours, would be spent waiting for the results of various tests before we would see the doctor. So she said we would have enough waiting time to go outside and enjoy our meal and to relax.

Step one was height, weight, eye exam, and blood pressure.

We waited a few minutes and then it was time for blood to be drawn. Noom said the doctor was almost painless...but it still hurt! Noom's kind of a baby about that stuff.

Next it was time for the chest x-ray. We learned that no jewelry is allowed. Noom had to take of his gold crucifix and his silver nipple ring :)

Then we were released ... Nurse said to return in about 2 hours.

We walked to Silom Complex and got some coffee and macaroons...and just talked and waited. Then we got a phone call (probably had been gone about an hour) that the results were back and we could come back and see the doctor.

So we left Silom Complex, grabbed a tuk tuk on Silom Road, and got back quickly to BNH...and returned to the Health Clinic.

We waited for a few minutes to see the doctor...she examined Noom's vaccination chart with us and said that the'd need to get Rubella vaccine (we thought we'd gotten it already back in June, but the records didn't show it) and flu vaccine (we knew that would be coming)...then she talked to him in general about his health and asked the standard sort of questions. Then she had him hop up on an examining table and she did the usual sort of stuff (looked down his throat, in his ears and eyes)...then she reviewed with us the papers she had filled out that we would be taking to the embassy for the interview. She explained that she didn't like Noom's blood pressure readings (too high) and she wanted that taken again.

Then we went to the cashier to pay his bill...then back to the health clinic where Noom promptly received his injections, one in each arm, and then he went to have his blood pressure taken again...still a bit high, but not too bad. Personally, I think it was white coat syndrome...but worth watching in the future.

Then the nurse sealed up his documents in an envelope, explained that we were to keep them sealed...only the embassy could open them and that here was a dvd inside and it could break easily. And then we were finished!

The BNH staff were efficient, friendly, and personable. The doctor was very thorough and seemed sympathetic and encouraging. And BNH itself is really fantastic...like a nice hotel. The experience was really great. Everyone was so nice to Noom and to me. We felt treated so respectfully and kindly.

The whole thing took about 4 hours from arrival to departure but we spent at least 2 hours waiting for results of the blood work and chest xray.

Oh, and we spent about 7,000 baht!

Glad the medical exam is behind us!!!!!!

~David & Noom

N-400 Timeline

• 2020.03.08 -- Naturalization filing window opened
  • 2020.03.09 -- N-400 filed and feed paid online
  • 2020.03.14 -- Email/Text notifications received that biometrics appt scheduled
  • 2020.03.14 -- NOA of case receipt received via USPS
  • 2020.03.20 -- Biometrics appointment notification received via USPS
  • 2020.03.30 -- Received email notification that biometrics appt scheduled for April 2 canceled due to Covid19
  • 2020.04.02 -- Biometrics scheduled for 1:00 PM canceled due to Covid-19
  • 2020.08.07 -- Myuscis update: biometrics being reused
  • 2020.08.14 -- NOA of biometrics reuse received via USPS
  • 2020.09.30 -- E-notifications received that interview has been scheduled
  • 2020.11.05 -- N-400 interview scheduled for 12:45 PM
  • 2020.11.05 -- Citizenship approved and oath administered! 

ROC Timeline

• 2019.03.08 -- ROC 90-Day Filing Window Opened
  • 2019.03.08 -- Mailed 1-751 and G-1145 to Phoenix (via UPS)
  • 2019.03.12 -- 1-751 and G-1145 delivered to Phoenix (via UPS)
  • 2019.03.12 -- 1-751 official submission date
  • 2019.03.15 -- I-797 (NOA 1)  LIN=Nebraska Service Center
  • 2019.03.18 -- Text message notification received: file receipt confirmation || Check for application + biometrics fees processed
  • 2019.03.18 -- NOA1 received via USPS (18-month Green Card extension)
  • 2019.09.06 -- I-797C NOA Biometrics Appointment notice date
  • 2019.09.13 -- I-797C NOA Biometrics Appointment notice receive (via USPS)
  • 2019.09.20 -- Biometrics (walk in) … originally scheduled for 2019.09.26 @ 9:00 AM 
  • 2020.03.10 -- E-notification that interview appointment scheduled
  • 2020.03.16 -- Interview appt notification receive via USPS
  • 2020.04.14 -- Interview scheduled for 7:30 AM canceled due to Covid-19
  • 2020.05.22 -- App status updated "New Card Is Being Produced"  and will be mailed
  • 2020.05.22 -- App status updated "Case Approved"
  • 2020.05.26 -- I-797 NOA received via USPS Approval Notice
  • 2020.05.27 -- App status updated to "Card Was Mailed to Me"
  • 2020.05.28 -- App status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"; USPS tracking app shows expected delivery date of June 1, 2020
  • 2020.05.29 -- Permanent Green Card received via USPS Priority Mail

AOS Timeline

• 2016.12.30 -- AOS, EAD, and AP applications delivered to Chicago PO
  • 2017.01.21 -- NOA1's received via USPS for I-485 (AOS),  I-131 (AP), and I-765 (EAD)
  • 2017.02.24 -- Biometrics Appointment
  • 2017.04.20 -- AOS & EAD approved; NOA2's received via USPS on 2017.04.23
  • 2017.04.29 -- EAD & AP combo card received
  • 2017.06.06 -- AOS approved!
  • 2017.06.10 -- 2-YR Green Card received

K-1 Visa Timeline

• 2016.04.18 -- I-129F Received by USCIS
  • 2016.04.20 -- I-129F NOA1
  • 2016.06.29 -- NOA
  • 2016.08.15 -- Bangkok Embassy received our case from NVC
  • 2016.08.23 -- Packet 3 sent to Embassy in Bangkok
  • 2016.08.26 -- Packet 4 email received from Embassy
  • 2016.09.05 -- Medical exam @ 10:30 AM @ BNH
  • 2016.09.07 -- Interview @ 7:30 AM...Visa approved
  • 2016.09.09 -- Visa Received
  • 2016.10.02 -- Entered USA (POE LAX)
  • 2016.11.18...Our Wedding Day 

Thanks for providing this information David. I am worried about the vaccines and xray since my fiancee is pregnant. I am understanding that since she is pregnant shes cant perform a chest xray due to damage to the child. I wonder how that will work against her during the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

"Thanks for providing this information David. I am worried about the vaccines and xray since my fiancee is pregnant. I am understanding that since she is pregnant shes cant perform a chest xray due to damage to the child. I wonder how that will work against her during the interview"

I work in medical field and i can inform you that it is highly unlikely. TB check only requires one chest xray. Be sure to inform your fiancee that they give her a lead linen gown to drape over her abdomen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about Noom and your experience at the physical. I am so happy things went so smooth for him. I will pass this on to my fiancé. I am sure she will be please to hear how smooth it is. Hope your having a great time there. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! :) :) :) Talk to you soon

Scott

Noom had his medical exam scheduled for today, September 5 @ 10:30 AM at BNH. We arrived at 9:30, and they began processing him right away.

First the nurses collected his passport, 4 passport photos, and his email from the embassy with is interview appointment date/time and his visa classification. We sat in the waiting room for a few minutes and then they called him into an interview type room...just him and about 4 nurses. They had him sign consent to be treated forms and stuff like that. Then they took him out the back door into the examining area. One of the nurses came and got me and took me too him so I could be with him every step of the way.

One nurse came and explained to Noom in Thai and then to me in perfect English exactly what would happen each step of the way and she said that most of our time, at least 2 hours, would be spent waiting for the results of various tests before we would see the doctor. So she said we would have enough waiting time to go outside and enjoy our meal and to relax.

Step one was height, weight, eye exam, and blood pressure.

We waited a few minutes and then it was time for blood to be drawn. Noom said the doctor was almost painless...but it still hurt! Noom's kind of a baby about that stuff.

Next it was time for the chest x-ray. We learned that no jewelry is allowed. Noom had to take of his gold crucifix and his silver nipple ring :)

Then we were released ... Nurse said to return in about 2 hours.

We walked to Silom Complex and got some coffee and macaroons...and just talked and waited. Then we got a phone call (probably had been gone about an hour) that the results were back and we could come back and see the doctor.

So we left Silom Complex, grabbed a tuk tuk on Silom Road, and got back quickly to BNH...and returned to the Health Clinic.

We waited for a few minutes to see the doctor...she examined Noom's vaccination chart with us and said that the'd need to get Rubella vaccine (we thought we'd gotten it already back in June, but the records didn't show it) and flu vaccine (we knew that would be coming)...then she talked to him in general about his health and asked the standard sort of questions. Then she had him hop up on an examining table and she did the usual sort of stuff (looked down his throat, in his ears and eyes)...then she reviewed with us the papers she had filled out that we would be taking to the embassy for the interview. She explained that she didn't like Noom's blood pressure readings (too high) and she wanted that taken again.

Then we went to the cashier to pay his bill...then back to the health clinic where Noom promptly received his injections, one in each arm, and then he went to have his blood pressure taken again...still a bit high, but not too bad. Personally, I think it was white coat syndrome...but worth watching in the future.

Then the nurse sealed up his documents in an envelope, explained that we were to keep them sealed...only the embassy could open them and that here was a dvd inside and it could break easily. And then we were finished!

The BNH staff were efficient, friendly, and personable. The doctor was very thorough and seemed sympathetic and encouraging. And BNH itself is really fantastic...like a nice hotel. The experience was really great. Everyone was so nice to Noom and to me. We felt treated so respectfully and kindly.

The whole thing took about 4 hours from arrival to departure but we spent at least 2 hours waiting for results of the blood work and chest xray.

Oh, and we spent about 7,000 baht!

Glad the medical exam is behind us!!!!!!

~David & Noom

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.