4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am inquiring about obtaining my CR1 visa to the US.I'm Egyptian . Me and my girlfriend will get marriage here in Egypt at 20 of September and she will stay with me for about 3 month . Can we apply while she is here in Egypt or does she need to be physically in the US to do this?

She can send the documents to the USA from Egypt whilst she is with you. The payment will need to be made using a check from a US bank account or by a US money order so she might need to bring that with her. She can't use her credit card to make the payment. Also, she will need a passport-size photo of herself, proof of US citizenship (although she will have her passport with her to visit you) and all the evidence of your relationship. Photos, travel receipts, messages, anything else you have that shows an ongoing genuine relationship.

It's possible to do it will she's in Egypt but it will be less convenient as she might need to bring a bundle of stuff with her.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

She can begin the process in Egypt and have the petition and all supporting documents/pictures mailed to the Chicago lockbox by DHL,FedEx, ect...

But before she comes to you, you should ask her to make copies of all the documents she will need to send along with the petition, i.e birth certificate. The passport size pictures can be done in Egypt, but be sure that when she gets them done, that you ask them not to photoshop or retouch the pictures as in Egypt they have a very bad habit of doing that with all pictures.

Here is a link from the US Embassy in Cairo that explains the process on obtaining a legal marriage certificate. http://egypt.usembassy.gov/acs12.html as you will need a copy of your marriage certificate to be sent along with the petition for CR-1.

Here is a guide that explains what you need for the CR-1 visa. http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Good Luck and Congrats on your coming Wedding Party.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank u alot JFH for that info and thank u alot Ahmed I vantage stop laughing when u said they are here in egypt photoshop the pic hahahhaahahaha that's true and I will make sure that there is no one touched the pic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.