BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, susanm26 said:

He has his interview Wednesday morning!!!!! Or Tuesday afternoon for me!

i am so excited and nervous at the same time!!!!

oh yayyy! Tell him to make sure to bring lots of evidence that he's returning. Then I think he should be fine. My husband just got his Visa in the mail yesterday.

Does anyone know why NVC is closed today? I'm calling to see if they have received our case and it's saying they're closed. Friday there was just a solid busy signal ALL day. We just need our case number.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, nicoleelaine said:

oh yayyy! Tell him to make sure to bring lots of evidence that he's returning. Then I think he should be fine. My husband just got his Visa in the mail yesterday.

When was his interview? 

I am so excited and nervous!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@BlessingDawn: For lack of sth better to do this weekend, I ran up a number of case number before mine. I saw that the case ending till 2328 was processed. That might give you some hope.

@susanm26:For those applying for B1/B2 visa: My suggestion would be to carry any and everything that proves you are going to return to your home country. Bank statements for last 3 months, tax returns, property documents, rent receipts, letter from employer etc etc. And do NOT book a 1 way ticket or a ticket with return dates for 2 months later or beyond. It is a tourist visa and it gets suspicious if a tourist wants to stay in a country for more than a month.

1 minute ago, susanm26 said:

When was his interview? 

I am so excited and nervous!!!!

I believe the interview was last Monday or Tuesday? It was the day of my original post. I think that was a week ago? Then on the Visa it said the issue date was February 10th (my birthday!) and he reeived it yesterday. 

Filed: Timeline

FWIW - my husband flew in with me in Oct and stayed until late Dec, helping me get our house set up.  Then he went back to Argentina for a few weeks for business.  When he flew back here in Jan, they gave him another 6 month entry without a single question.  So you certainly can stay longer than a month without problems - obviously depends on each official but it's not an absolute.  In our case, he is lucky enough to have a long history of entering/leaving the US so I think that helps. 

So hoping to hear something soon - we filed Aug 18!  When we started, the estimated date for noa2 was christmas.  Now we're looking at late feb to mid-march.  Ugh.

5 minutes ago, tayaj said:

@BlessingDawn: For lack of sth better to do this weekend, I ran up a number of case number before mine. I saw that the case ending till 2328 was processed. That might give you some hope.

@susanm26:For those applying for B1/B2 visa: My suggestion would be to carry any and everything that proves you are going to return to your home country. Bank statements for last 3 months, tax returns, property documents, rent receipts, letter from employer etc etc. And do NOT book a 1 way ticket or a ticket with return dates for 2 months later or beyond. It is a tourist visa and it gets suspicious if a tourist wants to stay in a country for more than a month.

@susanm26 We just booked a flight with a return date of August 1st. We set it up so it could be cancelled or the date changed at any time (when you book the flight just select the option to do that). His Visa is valid for a year. 

Filed: Timeline

FWIW - my husband flew in with me in Oct and stayed until late Dec, helping me get our house set up.  Then he went back to Argentina for a few weeks for business.  When he flew back here in Jan, they gave him another 6 month entry without a single question.  So you certainly can stay longer than a month without problems - obviously depends on each official but it's not an absolute.  In our case, he is lucky enough to have a long history of entering/leaving the US so I think that helps. 

So hoping to hear something soon - we filed Aug 18!  When we started, the estimated date for noa2 was christmas.  Now we're looking at late feb to mid-march.  Ugh.

3 minutes ago, rac717 said:

@susanm26 ^ This. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, rac717 said:

Correct...I'm just saying its more believable if you have an early return date and change it later. I've known cases where they do not stamp for 6 months and it's better not to give them reason for suspicion. As you rightly said..not every official is the same. Every time that I've entered in the last couple of months since filing in August, the first question I've been asked is how long are you here for...hence my concern

Also you're right...a history of entering and leaving definitely helps. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, BlessingDawn said:

USCIS not updating their field office processing times (still showing last updated November 30, 2016) is getting on my nerves!!!

?????????

PD August 9.

Still stuck at "case was received."

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. 

I miss my husband sooo much... ?

Getting an approval today or tomorrow would be a great gift, a blessing, for Valentine's Day. 

I wonder if we will ever hear from Nebraska!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

I've been reading this thread every night before bed n every morning before I start my day ? Guess it's time to say something...

PD august 12!!! 6 months n 2 days I've been waiting for approval ? I just received a RFE notification (FEB 13)...what could they be asking for?? Help! How long after sending the RFE can I got approval ??

PS: they sent out a lot of RFE according to the USICS APP 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, CDJames said:

I've been reading this thread every night before bed n every morning before I start my day ? Guess it's time to say something...

PD august 12!!! 6 months n 2 days I've been waiting for approval ? I just received a RFE notification (FEB 13)...what could they be asking for?? Help! How long after sending the RFE can I got approval ??

PS: they sent out a lot of RFE according to the USICS APP 

RFE happens because:

• Helps make another 30-40 days on their timeline average - do not want to process too quickly.
  • Stall for new policies and to "show" new leaders they "vet extreme" already.
  • Not enough staff trained - send RFE ....... 

Wish you luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, chamma said:

I wonder if we will ever hear from Nebraska!!

Look at interview today on Visajourney, it is like a ghost town of names compared to months ago.

Nothing is happening, then a big update will happen near the end of the month ..... stop, go, play with our minds and mental state..... I will never visit Nebraska and when flying over will to go to the toilet as I go over.

AND OFFICES CLOSE ..... so why work .......

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Edited by piste

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.