trickyspark

K-3 passed, visa not available for pickup for 6 days?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife had her interview in Guangzhou, China on March 21, 2007 for a K-3 visa. She was the last one to interview that day, and she passed. The only item the visa officer wanted to see were our pictures, no income or anything even after my wife offered it. We've been married almost 2.5 years when she interviewed..waiting on paperwork for 2 of the 2.5 years in seperate countries, so I figure they might have had a moment of compassion and figured we'd been through enough. She was on a J-1 visa, hence the longer than normal long processing time to complete her 2 year home residency restricition. Which she has proof of being completed, with no trips out of China after her return.

They say you can pick up the visa in 2 business days, and the others I have contacted who had an interview on the same day all had their visas in hand by 9am on the 23rd of March. Their embassy website states 2 day pickup, with no footnote to indicate you may wait longer.

They told my wife to pick hers up on March 27th, not the 23rd. What is going on? They didn't give her an explanation stating if everything is ok, or everything is not ok. Simply, come back on the 27th. I can't find anything on the web with anyone taking longer than 3 days, but that maybe simply a bad search string on my part. I can't call DOS until Monday to see if there's a problem or not.

We had applied for the CR-1, but God only knows where that thing is at, still processing I reckon. Is it possible after she passed the interview the CR-1 showed up and they decided to "bump" her to a CR-1? I'm fearing that I'm going to have to give up and move to China, I pray I'm wrong.

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I hope your wife will receive her visa soon. Sometimes, cadidates have to wait for a week for the visa to be received.

Oh, that is comforting to hear thanks for the reply.

The only information I've read, seen, heard or been given was 2 days on the embassy website. I am glad to hear it can take longer, not glad it is taking longer mind you...probably won't sleep soundly until she has it in hand.I was worried maybe they'd changed their minds, I haven't slept in like 2 days.

I'm sure y ou are approved and will have the visa soon from what you say. Maybe there was a backlog or some other bureaucratic complication to issue it after the interview. Those that you know that picked up the visa the same day, was it the same type of visa and the same consulate?

Good Luck!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
I'm sure y ou are approved and will have the visa soon from what you say. Maybe there was a backlog or some other bureaucratic complication to issue it after the interview. Those that you know that picked up the visa the same day, was it the same type of visa and the same consulate?

Good Luck!

Some were K-1, some were K-3 I believe.

Good Luck!

Some were K-1, some were K-3 I believe.

Could add to the reason, maybe. Each has such different purposes techinically. I just hope see a "visa in hand" post from you when they told you. I know this process is so frustrating because so much of it happens out of our sight and seemingly without logic! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.