aubie17

About to start the Process!

54 posts in this topic

It certainly won't hurt to print off the terms and conditions of the website. Even with very well-known websites (where you would think that USCIS staff would be more than aware how the operate since they spend all day going through petitions from people who met this way) people have had RFEs.

Wanted to add - Definitely mention the name of the site on the petition.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

It certainly won't hurt to print off the terms and conditions of the website. Even with very well-known websites (where you would think that USCIS staff would be more than aware how the operate since they spend all day going through petitions from people who met this way) people have had RFEs.

Wanted to add - Definitely mention the name of the site on the petition.

Should I include a covering letter stating why it is not a IMB, definition of IMB and mention how me and my fiance both only used the free services?

If not should any letter be attached to the terms of service?

On intent to marry letters in the template it asks for a filing location address, is this the same Dallas Lockbox address that the entire I-129f will be sent to?

Those letters are rubbish. They don't even have to be "letters". The problem I have with the example is for both persons it says "... within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa."

If you bother to think about it, the American is not arriving in the US, right? Yet I bet hundreds copy that exactly and both fiance's say they are arriving on a K1.

You could do something like this:

-------------------

PETITIONER'S STATEMENT OF INTENT TO MARRY

I , Mary Kate American, do hereby state that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry John Robert Brit within 90 days of his arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Signed:

[ signature ] [ date ]

Mary Kate American

----------------------

BENEFICIARY'S STATEMENT OF INTENT TO MARRY

I, John Robert Brit, do hereby state that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry Mary Kate American within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Signed:

[ signature ] [ date ]

John Robert Brit

-----------------

If you are dying to make it look like a letter, with "Dear" and "Yours truly", you aren't going to lose points for not putting an address of your Service Center. Just put

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Date

Dear _________

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

We put the address of the lockbox location we sent it to, but I don't think it matters whether an address or official letter type document is formatted. I'm not a ''Dear X'' type person either. I believe we put ''To Whom it May Concern''. ;-)

What's important is that each statement is made in the manner Nich-Nick describes and it's signed.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Thank you so much you have all been helpful we are nearly there with it all for the I-129F

Looking at other forms that my fiancé will need to do in the next step it asks about immediate relatives in US on the DS-160 to which he has none. Though the next question asks relatives in US is this a yes or no question and does it require you to list each individual such as aunt, uncle and their children?

Problem is he has not seen them in 15 years and that side of the family there isn't contact and is unsure if any of surname changes as his

cousins may of got married.

My fiancé has relatives

Get your petition in the mail then fret about the rest when you get home from the post office. Focus on one step at a time is my advice.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Get your petition in the mail then fret about the rest when you get home from the post office. Focus on one step at a time is my advice.

Thanks Nick we will get it sent off as soon as I receive my fiances g325a and passport photo, it will feel good knowing it is sent away!

I do have one question regarding the I-134 though, my previous tax returns are not great due to only having part time hours.

I have started a job within my desired field and I am full time and make around 26.5k before taxes so would I still be eligible to sponsor my fiance on the i-134 despite not having great tax returns, should these still be provided regardless?

Am I correct in saying that a company headed letter from my employer stating my date of employment, position, full time hours and hourly wage amount would that be suffice and also 6 previous pay stubs?

Many thanks

Thanks Nick we will get it sent off as soon as I receive my fiances g325a and passport photo, it will feel good knowing it is sent away!

I do have one question regarding the I-134 though, my previous tax returns are not great due to only having part time hours.

I have started a job within my desired field and I am full time and make around 26.5k before taxes so would I still be eligible to sponsor my fiance on the i-134 despite not having great tax returns, should these still be provided regardless?

Am I correct in saying that a company headed letter from my employer stating my date of employment, position, full time hours and hourly wage amount would that be suffice and also 6 previous pay stubs?

Many thanks

Yes. Absolutely. You have zero worries. London doesn't even require a tax return. You have adequate proof.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yes. Absolutely. You have zero worries. London doesn't even require a tax return. You have adequate proof.

Thanks so much Nick I will provide my fiance with my employee letter, 6 paystubs ....do you think it is ok to still provide my previous tax returns or should I just provide my most recent tax return if I were to supply them to my fiance.

If your latest tax return does not show enough income, then how does it help you? And why would you want to show them?

This is not the I-864 which requires a tax return.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

And relax!

Seriously, London is possibly the smoothest route you can take on this journey. If you want to see how bad it can be for others, take a look at the Ghana threads. And then read the London experiences and you wouldn't even think we are talking about the same thing. Most have got through the London interview without the CO even looking at the bundle of paperwork they take with them. We are fortunate that UK applicants are considered "low fraud" and the interviews are more of a box checking exercise. Applicant physically seen? Check! Done.

I know it can seem daunting at first. When we started I often wondered how anyone made it through this alive but it's not as bad as it seems. Take it one stage at a time. Be prepared but don't stress. They don't go out of their way to find reasons to deny you. So no need to worry about the small things.

Good luck.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

• 1 month later...

Got an alert saying we have received a RFE, I wonder if it is about the website ("met online")?

If it is so we will reply back with the terms and conditions and a letter. Both me and my fiance deleted our dating accounts and cant retrieve message history, though I do still have emails in my inbox stating XXXX has sent you a message on POF though this is purely an alert message. Should this be included and explained that we can no longer retrieve our accounts

Got an alert saying we have received a RFE, I wonder if it is about the website ("met online")?

If it is so we will reply back with the terms and conditions and a letter. Both me and my fiance deleted our dating accounts and cant retrieve message history, though I do still have emails in my inbox stating XXXX has sent you a message on POF though this is purely an alert message. Should this be included and explained that we can no longer retrieve our accounts

Relax... you don't know that the RFE is for yet. You may have forgotten to sign something or include your birth certificate (or they may have lost it). Wait fir the hard copy to arrive in the mail.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Just chillax, and wait and see.

An RFE is not the end of the world, I had 2 and it was their error not ours. ! saying we hadn't paid..........we had, and the other they said we hadn't sent a certain piece of evidence.........we had!!

As previous posters have said, London really is one of the easiest to deal with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.