Ewrikeman

Issues getting a passport (Philippines)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I seem to have trouble figuring out where my questions should be categorized.

Me and My Fiancee are currently waiting to hear from the NVC as we received out NOA2 last week. Unfortunately we have hit sort of a snag right now. She has yet to get her passport and the process has moved along faster than expected which is great but now I'm starting to worry if we will be able to finish before our NOA2 expires. She has all the IDs necessary to apply however the earliest appointments we can find to schedule is not until October and it will then take time from there to receive the passport. On our first attempt we scheduled an appointment for the 17th of October which is heartbreaking to even think about but our confirmation email never came. Upon calling the DFA they said that they have issues with yahoo and to wait for three days for the appointment to expire and try again. Apparently since August 17th of this year they switched to a fully online process so they no longer will help us over the phone. So we waited until last night and were able to reschedule for October 5th! A much needed improvement and we used a gmail account (both yahoo and gmail are the recommended emails to use according to the DFA site btw) but now almost 12 hours later still no confirmation has arrived. We are both getting quite nervous over the situation. She sent them an email, plans to call today when she get up, and even plans to go into an office if that does not prove effective. Has anyone else run into a similar issue and has a fiance(e) in the Philippines? If anyone has any advice or insight on this matter we would both greatly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read my long post :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry I do not have an answer or experience. I confirmed with my fiance whom is also from the Phils. Luckily I asked her about her passport , its good for three years yet. I just renewed mine as it would be good for less than six months upon my next planned trip to the Phils this Dec. I will say having dealt with bureaucracy in the Phils...nothing moves quickly in my experience. I hope she gets her pp shortly after her interview. I am somewhat hopeful we maybe doing our interview the end of Sept, if we get lucky with the NVC like some other VJ ers

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form General Immigration-Related Discussion to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary are country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but I seem to have trouble figuring out where my questions should be categorized.

Me and My Fiancee are currently waiting to hear from the NVC as we received out NOA2 last week. Unfortunately we have hit sort of a snag right now. She has yet to get her passport and the process has moved along faster than expected which is great but now I'm starting to worry if we will be able to finish before our NOA2 expires. She has all the IDs necessary to apply however the earliest appointments we can find to schedule is not until October and it will then take time from there to receive the passport. On our first attempt we scheduled an appointment for the 17th of October which is heartbreaking to even think about but our confirmation email never came. Upon calling the DFA they said that they have issues with yahoo and to wait for three days for the appointment to expire and try again. Apparently since August 17th of this year they switched to a fully online process so they no longer will help us over the phone. So we waited until last night and were able to reschedule for October 5th! A much needed improvement and we used a gmail account (both yahoo and gmail are the recommended emails to use according to the DFA site btw) but now almost 12 hours later still no confirmation has arrived. We are both getting quite nervous over the situation. She sent them an email, plans to call today when she get up, and even plans to go into an office if that does not prove effective. Has anyone else run into a similar issue and has a fiance(e) in the Philippines? If anyone has any advice or insight on this matter we would both greatly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read my long post :)

First, your NOA2 has a one year expiration date. It is extended by the Embassy in 4 month increments. So if you go beyond the date on the NOA2 no harm your application will be extended automatically for another 4 months by the USEM..

If "newbies" are reading this thread it is important to verify the validity of your passport NOW. Don't have a passport, get it NOW. If you have less than 6 months remaining at the time you're anticipating your departure then get it renewed NOW.

You can cancel TWO interview appointments without a penalty so you can wait till you have the passport and schedule or guess when you think you will have the new passport and schedule a date. There are a lot of options but at this point it's your decision which path you choose to go down.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thank you all for your help. That does ease some of the stress.

Has anyone had recent dealings with the Philippines passport services? We can't even get an appointment established because of their new system not working. It's becoming very troubling and frustrating. We are both at a loss.

Edited by Ewrikeman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would recommend what the above post suggested too, tho my cousin's experience was about 3 years ago, going to a small satellite office, they would accept walk ins however you have to line really early because the only cater certain numbers of applicants per day. To make sure, get an appointment online, but also try to find other DFA offices (provincial areas) and try her luck there.

She has already tried that but they all say no walk ins unless under a few emergency criteria which we do not fit in...Still have not received a confirmation email nor have we been able to contact anyone that can help us. She's also afraid to travel alone and go far to unfamiliar places which I can't blame her so our options are rather limited with the city being all filled up even if we could secure a slot.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Which part of philippines is she from?

Edited by MsCompE
Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

My fiancee is having the same issue. What I'm doing is sending her to Cebu. Now, the DFA Passport system is not functioning correctly, so use IE when filling out the appointment.

The other option is Baugio, which is about a 8 hour bus ride from Manila.

Both have appointment about 3 weeks out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.