19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks so much every one I'm,sorry for not posting on time I went back to the office with my wife relative on Monday and we explain to the woman that I didn't need I-94 because I am a permanent resident with green card she told us if we are here to teach her her job the statement wanted to bring misunderstanding between her with my wife relative but she immediately realized her mistake and asked her fellow workers and admitted that she made a mistake everything went fine without requesting for the I-94 thanks so much all

yes, it's correct but at the same time there is that saying I gave above and foreigners usually are forgiven, even driving no international permit, just their country permit but in English, it works for several months, specially if there is a delay with the green card. I did see it in the states where are more immigrants. Sorry, I am not arguing, the best is to get the local DL but even we Americans are not so fast changing our out of state DL. I am just trying to help as I know the people need to drive and the documents are not arriving.

Tasha

I understand you were trying to help, but the information as you presented it seemed misleading and could potentially lead to people getting fined for a misunderstanding on this basis. If there is a delay with documents one should always keep some sort of evidence of this. For example we did not get our CA licenses in the correct time because we could not get a test appointment in time, so I kept a copy of my appointment notice in the car in case of a traffic stop. "Foreigners are usually forgiven" is a very broad statement especially if the "foreigner" is a permanent resident. My friend wasn't even a permanent resident, just an H1, been in CA 4 months, no forgiveness in LA!!!! (Where there are plenty of immigrants of course)

Thanks so much every one I'm,sorry for not posting on time I went back to the office with my wife relative on Monday and we explain to the woman that I didn't need I-94 because I am a permanent resident with green card she told us if we are here to teach her her job the statement wanted to bring misunderstanding between her with my wife relative but she immediately realized her mistake and asked her fellow workers and admitted that she made a mistake everything went fine without requesting for the I-94 thanks so much all

Glad it is sorted out! Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

I understand you were trying to help, but the information as you presented it seemed misleading and could potentially lead to people getting fined for a misunderstanding on this basis. If there is a delay with documents one should always keep some sort of evidence of this. For example we did not get our CA licenses in the correct time because we could not get a test appointment in time, so I kept a copy of my appointment notice in the car in case of a traffic stop. "Foreigners are usually forgiven" is a very broad statement especially if the "foreigner" is a permanent resident. My friend wasn't even a permanent resident, just an H1, been in CA 4 months, no forgiveness in LA!!!! (Where there are plenty of immigrants of course)

Glad it is sorted out!

Thank you, you are right, the point is taken, I agree with you and I apologize

Tasha

Great! I am glad you fixed it.

Tasha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are welcome thanks so much all vijer here is a place where things are fix where ever you become confused of what to do we understand that immigrants are privileges not a right thanks

Edited by norishing2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.