govols

Ultimate scrifice

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ok as we are going back to england for a holiday on 31 march, I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifce for vj members. I know most Brits miss the food from back home so I am will to sacrifice myself and eat the food for you while i'm there and tell you how much you would have enjoyed it when we get back. To get thing started here are a few things i will be suffering while i'm there (lol)

Fish & Chips

Indian Food

Decent Chinese

Full english breakfast (eggs,bacon,fried bread,mushrooms,beans,sausages ect)

Big fat chocolate easter eggs

Real Bread and anchor butter

Its tough I know but someone has to do it and because VJ has done so much for me I thought it only right I should do something in return (lol)

Tony

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish & Chips

Decent chips is what I miss, I can get decent battered fish at least, but its the chips that are the killer.

Indian Food

Quite simply, I've learned to make this myself! Its not that hard once you get into it. I did have a fantastic curry in Philadelphia the other night. If anyone is in the area, I highly recommend "Karma" in Old Town Philadelphia (Walnut St IIRC), its a bit expensive - but worth it.

Decent Chinese

Meh. Go to any chinatown in America and you can get this. Chinese food in the UK is way overpriced compared to here as well, and I'm not convinced its any better. Depends where you live really.

I can almost exactly duplicate this apart from the sausages (my local shop sells Heinz Beans). Although I found some sausages now that actually do the job quite well. They're called "Bob Evans Original Links", are proper sausage size, and nice and herby.

:D

Wegman's Farmhouse Bread and Kerrygold butter (both within arms reach of each other at my local Wegmans.

So I guess my vote, if I had to pick one, would be Fish and Chips. There simply isn't an experience like it outside of the UK, IMHO.

Your making me hungry AND homesick :(

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

The bread - for the love of God, the bread!!! Kingsmill preferably but any will do.

Damn I'm glad I'm going over in April or I'd be VERY mad with you, Tony. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmm......fish and chips! Although I make a fantastic batter!

Naan bread! BUT...I will make it homemade now that i know how!

Have a good trip! Enjoy yourself!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Fish & Chips

Decent chips is what I miss, I can get decent battered fish at least, but its the chips that are the killer.

Indian Food

Quite simply, I've learned to make this myself! Its not that hard once you get into it. I did have a fantastic curry in Philadelphia the other night. If anyone is in the area, I highly recommend "Karma" in Old Town Philadelphia (Walnut St IIRC), its a bit expensive - but worth it.

Decent Chinese

Meh. Go to any chinatown in America and you can get this. Chinese food in the UK is way overpriced compared to here as well, and I'm not convinced its any better. Depends where you live really.

I can almost exactly duplicate this apart from the sausages (my local shop sells Heinz Beans). Although I found some sausages now that actually do the job quite well. They're called "Bob Evans Original Links", are proper sausage size, and nice and herby.

:D

Wegman's Farmhouse Bread and Kerrygold butter (both within arms reach of each other at my local Wegmans.

So I guess my vote, if I had to pick one, would be Fish and Chips. There simply isn't an experience like it outside of the UK, IMHO.

I'm in the Philly area and never seen a Wegmans, I'm going to find one ASAP, I need some real bread and butter.

I've only been here two weeks and am getting nostalgic for food shopping in Pompey. I never thought that would happen to me as I spent so much time there missing what I could get at home in Scotland.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

I'm in the Philly area and never seen a Wegmans, I'm going to find one ASAP, I need some real bread and butter.

I've only been here two weeks and am getting nostalgic for food shopping in Pompey. I never thought that would happen to me as I spent so much time there missing what I could get at home in Scotland.

I'm not near Philly, but I think there are Wegmans down there. I am however from Portsmouth! :)

Pompey, reminded me of my hmmmm youth, coming out of Jo's at 2am rat arsed lol :devil::devil::whistle: after doing the table top dancing lmao. Sadly all that behind me and Jo's is now closed I believe, ah well the good ole days.

Hard to understand why anyone else would ever go into Jo's apart from matlows! Although I admit I did go there on several occasions because I was friends with one of the barmaids.

Edited by dr_lha

I also made a sacrifice yesterday when buying Easter Eggs from my British Store.

I brought some Irish bacon. I just cooked it a little while ago and finished my bacon sandwich. As part of my sacrifice to you all, I want you all to know it was delicious.

-Gemma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Pompey, reminded me of my hmmmm youth, coming out of Jo's at 2am rat arsed lol :devil::devil::whistle: after doing the table top dancing lmao. Sadly all that behind me and Jo's is now closed I believe, ah well the good ole days.

Once in there was enough. Too many drunken ratings and three of my colleagues on a desperate search for officers.

I was home, sober, and tucked up in bed by 10:30.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

There is a shop in state college, PA called the Cheese Shoppe, you can get crunchys, twix, mars bars, flake, and mint sauce, beans and even engish coffee. I have a Wegmans too so i am normally ok!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.