Jayz021

cemar issue...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone please enlighten me..am still a lil confused about my case. Im divorce to american guy never been into US. we got married here in Phils. and have the original copy of my divorce. now my fiancee filed for k1 and we got mnl case number already my interview will be so soon! now my problem is about cemar. since i was married nso will issue me cemar.. i have heard about annotation of divorce i have no idea what that mean is and some people said. no need for annotated one but only cemar along divorce paper when i submit that in us embassy manila.. please help...hope i wont get any problem in my interview....

btw I didnt recognized my divorce in phils court... i only have my divorce paper...

Edited by Jayz021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

hi..i am divorced here in philippines through sharia court. i am applying for marriage visa to germany and i need to submit the CEMAR with a remarks DIVORCED. is anybody here able to obtained the said documents. what dis you do? need your help. i have already an annotated marriage certificate from PSA but the embassy requires me to submit the CEMAR..thanks

Edited by ranz1

hi..i am divorced here in philippines through sharia court. i am applying for marriage visa to germany and i need to submit the CEMAR with a remarks DIVORCED. is anybody here able to obtained the said documents. what dis you do? need your help. i have already an annotated marriage certificate from PSA but the embassy requires me to submit the CEMAR..thanks

Greenbaum is the resident expert on this. Sure he will be along shortly. If not just do a search of his past posts, he has written this topic up before.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone please enlighten me..am still a lil confused about my case. Im divorce to american guy never been into US. we got married here in Phils. and have the original copy of my divorce. now my fiancee filed for k1 and we got mnl case number already my interview will be so soon! now my problem is about cemar. since i was married nso will issue me cemar.. i have heard about annotation of divorce i have no idea what that mean is and some people said. no need for annotated one but only cemar along divorce paper when i submit that in us embassy manila.. please help...hope i wont get any problem in my interview....

btw I didnt recognized my divorce in phils court... i only have my divorce paper...

Bring a copy of your divorce decree to the interview it supersedes the CEMAR. (only give the embassy a copy of your divorce decree, keep your original copy)

You can get your divorce recognized in the Philippines if you want because your USC EX husband filed for the divorce, but it is not necessary for the visa process. You are fine as is.

Do you already have your CFO certificate?

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

U need the void marriage from your marriage contract. U should bring your divorce documents in NSO so they can put notice.... VOID... i know this from this from my cousin... same situation.

I agree, she can get her divorce recognized in the Philippines being her USC husband initiated the divorce, but it isn't necessary for the visa process.

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

hello everyone. i got approved in k1 visa and had cfo certificate and stickers and right now am here in USA with my man.. :)

ps. I didnt recognized my decree of divorce. embassy accepted my decree of divorce ... no need for rtc... thats only a phils. law not US law. ^^ God bless yall

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Ranz1 : if you're divorce it won't appear as divorce but your previous marriage like mine . As long as your MC has annotation that you are divorce , you will be fine . You can still get the CEMAR in addition to your MC and certificate of finality .

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello everyone

I was reading tbis thread and made me.interested.. we just got approved with our k1 and soon ill be having my interview.. i also have my annotated MC and Cemar.. i got divorced through sharia and qhat worries me is that i read so many cases like mine and most of them got visa denied for a reason of us embassy not honoribg anymore sharia divorce.. please advice!! Does anyone here got approved with sharia divorce??

Hello everyone

I was reading tbis thread and made me.interested.. we just got approved with our k1 and soon ill be having my interview.. i also have my annotated MC and Cemar.. i got divorced through sharia and qhat worries me is that i read so many cases like mine and most of them got visa denied for a reason of us embassy not honoribg anymore sharia divorce.. please advice!! Does anyone here got approved with sharia divorce??

No one us getting approved with a Muslim divorce unless you can prove that your are a Muslim or that you converted prior to your marriage. Do a search here in VJ as this has been discussed a few weeks ago.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hello everyone

Was it a muslim marriage...no issue. USEM, and the Philippines, only accept the sharia divorce IF you were married in the muslim faith. If NO then you are not getting a visa until AFTER you complete the annulment process.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

• 1 year later...

@Greenbaum..Hi I just need help so bad..I hope u dont mind.I am born Muslim and was married to my Muslim husband under sharia law and then divorced by sharia court years later.I  have a certificate of finality and divorce decree.I also have PSA Notarized certificate of divorce and my previous marriage certificate has an annotation that it was already dissolved per decision by sharia judge.I am just worried about the CEMAR, cause everytime I request it from PSA it still shows my previous marriage.I talked to PSA staff multiple times and they said that they can't annotate marriage termination in Cemar unless it was terminated by annulment..Do you think I will have issues in obtaining my finace visa from US embassy with this? Im scheduled for interview next month..

12 hours ago, Lyka Dane said:

@Greenbaum..Hi I just need help so bad..I hope u dont mind.I am born Muslim and was married to my Muslim husband under sharia law and then divorced by sharia court years later.I  have a certificate of finality and divorce decree.I also have PSA Notarized certificate of divorce and my previous marriage certificate has an annotation that it was already dissolved per decision by sharia judge.I am just worried about the CEMAR, cause everytime I request it from PSA it still shows my previous marriage.I talked to PSA staff multiple times and they said that they can't annotate marriage termination in Cemar unless it was terminated by annulment..Do you think I will have issues in obtaining my finace visa from US embassy with this? Im scheduled for interview next month..

IF you can prove that you were born as a Muslim and that you married as a Muslim with the Divorce showing that it was completed in Sharia Court then you should not have any problems. You need a rock solid case with proof. In the past some individuals went around the law and the Embassy finally caught up to that tactic and they now forbid divorce papers from a Sharia Court without proof that you were married as a Muslim which you have said that is your case.

Bring the CEMAR with you along with, BC, Muslim Marriage Certificate and the Muslim Divorce and you shouldn't have any problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 month later...

@Greenbaum,,Hi..so I was interviewed at the USEM last oct 4.I was told that my visa was approved,but after 2 weeks I got an email from USEM asking for my marriage certificate from previous marriage with annotation and divorce certificates (they requested 2 divorce certificates one with marriage termination   date on the divorce certificate issued by sharia and the other one with the date of termination of marriage on the divorce decree issued by sharia court, and they want these documents sent directly from PSA.

The thing is whenever we request my previous marriage cert only the divorce certificate comes out,the reason for this according to PSA is because that previous marriage of mine is already dissolved and is no longer in their system.and another thing divorce decree will not be in their system because it was not issued by them but issued by sharia court.It was submitted to them by sharia court for my marriage to be dissolved and for that MC with annotation to be issued which I already submitted to USEM.

Thank you so much for replying to my previous posts..

Edited by Lyka Dane

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.