ufc_cat

what about people who filed to CALI after they axed DCF but want to do DCF now????

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

we just made the appointment for may 8th because next week on tuesday was full. was that you takoyaki? did you nab my appointment time. /:(

all the money is collected, taken care of, and ready. all the paperwork is filled out. i'm still waiting on the IRS but who isn't. i'm sure they will accept a copy of my tax return as filed for the I-864, but i still have a few weeks for a response from the IRS. i even have a job waiting for me for when i get home now.

i suppose all i have to do is wait at this point. i don't think i'll be able to make it back to america around the 1st of august, but maybe we'll be close. the way things are rolling for iluvmymac (ibook g4 in the hizzy here) i think it won't be too long after before we are able to get going.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we just made the appointment for may 8th because next week on tuesday was full. was that you takoyaki? did you nab my appointment time. /:(

all the money is collected, taken care of, and ready. all the paperwork is filled out. i'm still waiting on the IRS but who isn't. i'm sure they will accept a copy of my tax return as filed for the I-864, but i still have a few weeks for a response from the IRS. i even have a job waiting for me for when i get home now.

i suppose all i have to do is wait at this point. i don't think i'll be able to make it back to america around the 1st of august, but maybe we'll be close. the way things are rolling for iluvmymac (ibook g4 in the hizzy here) i think it won't be too long after before we are able to get going.

Good luck!

(now black MacBook; my Mac history: iBook G3, PowerMac 4400, Performa 5440, LCII, Color Classic II, MacPlus 128)

Edited by iluvmymac

emblem_top2.gifusaflag.gif

Timeline:

01/31/07 - I-130 fedexed to California

02/01/07 - I-130 received by USCIS California

02/13/07 - received NOA1

04/10/07 - Petition approved (64 days)

04/17/07 - Received NOA2, petition on it's way to NVC

05/07/07 - Still nothing from NVC (those bums!)

----------

04/05/07 - Re-filed I-130 at Tokyo embassy with no problems! (didn't need to canx first petition)

04/12/07 - Petition at embassy is approved (7 days!)

04/16/07 - Received notice of approval from embassy, submitted interview request

04/17/07 - Received notice of interview, which will be May 7

05/07/07 - Had interview at embassy, visa approved!

05/08/07 - Passport with visa delivered!!!!

Dang, the Tokyo embassy is fast!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Muckson keep checking the appointment dates. I found that it would let me register sometimes and not others. Also I found I had better luck using IE rather than firefox.

Good luck with it all. As an alternative the I-129f route seems to be pretty fast as well. Ours was approved in a relatively short time. Of course we are waiting on the next step now though.

We just received an email notification from the US Embassy in Kyiv that our I-130 petition was approved and we can now make a visa appointment through their new Call Center ($12 for an 8 minute call). It took about 14 days from DCF submission of the I-130 to their saying they had received all the security checks (the Adam Walsh checks, I guess).

4/06/2007 Cancelled, via USPS letter, I-130 filed in US and made appointment to file DCF in Kyiv

4/10/2007 Filed I-130 for IR-1 visa DCF in Kyiv, Ukraine

4/25/2007 Received approval from embassy via email to make an appointment for visa interview

4/25/2007 & 4/27/2007 Tried to make an appointment but Call Center doesn't have our info yet

5/03/2007 Finally, made the visa interview appointment, first date available June 11, 2007

6/11/2007 IR-1 interview--VISA APPROVED! Should be delivered in 7-10 days

6/15/2007 Visa and brown envelope delivered

7/2/2007 POE Charlotte, NC

7/28/2007 Received the permanent resident card (green card)

We just received an email notification from the US Embassy in Kyiv that our I-130 petition was approved and we can now make a visa appointment through their new Call Center ($12 for an 8 minute call). It took about 14 days from DCF submission of the I-130 to their saying they had received all the security checks (the Adam Walsh checks, I guess).

Congratulations, ribki!!!!! I´m now waiting for the security checks on my I-130, said it would take about ten days.

You have to pay to make an appointment? Jeeeeeeez.

emblem_top2.gifusaflag.gif

Timeline:

01/31/07 - I-130 fedexed to California

02/01/07 - I-130 received by USCIS California

02/13/07 - received NOA1

04/10/07 - Petition approved (64 days)

04/17/07 - Received NOA2, petition on it's way to NVC

05/07/07 - Still nothing from NVC (those bums!)

----------

04/05/07 - Re-filed I-130 at Tokyo embassy with no problems! (didn't need to canx first petition)

04/12/07 - Petition at embassy is approved (7 days!)

04/16/07 - Received notice of approval from embassy, submitted interview request

04/17/07 - Received notice of interview, which will be May 7

05/07/07 - Had interview at embassy, visa approved!

05/08/07 - Passport with visa delivered!!!!

Dang, the Tokyo embassy is fast!

You have to pay to make an appointment? Jeeeeeeez.

Oh yeah we have to pay. In fact when I called to make an appointment and went through a maze of punching through the menu (finally was able to pay with the credit card for a pin code), after about 4 minutes of my 8 minute card I was told to call back today because they did not have my information on file yet. :blink: So DO NOT TRY to set up your appointment the day they email you from the embassy. I am thinking now about waiting till tomorrow to give them some extra time and to send my docs from the embassy to the call center. :unsure:

4/06/2007 Cancelled, via USPS letter, I-130 filed in US and made appointment to file DCF in Kyiv

4/25/2007 Received approval from embassy via email to make an appointment for visa interview

4/25/2007 & 4/27/2007 Tried to make an appointment but Call Center doesn't have our info yet

5/03/2007 Finally, made the visa interview appointment, first date available June 11, 2007

To update our Kyiv DCF experience, after our I-130 petition was filed and playing phone tag with the Call Center and the embassy, we were finally able to make a visa interview appointment for June 11, the earliest date available--a 5 week wait for the interview.

They still seem to be having problems with the Call Center. Finally, someone at the embassy said to call again but to push 3 to talk to an operator, not the normal route for making the appointment, the route of not buying another $12 pin code for 8 minutes of talk time. Through that person we were finally able to make the appointment. Two other times we were told our info had not been sent to them by the embassy and we couldn't make the appointment. They then asked for our pin code. My wife gave her the old pin code and she took it. She thought there was no money left on it. Anyway, good luck to anyone who works with this Call Center. Hopefully, they will soon work out all the bugs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.