Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Does your receipt number start with IOE or NBC? If it starts with IOE, you will soon, if not already, receive another NOA for you to create an online account with USCIS, and on that account, you will be able to see the Biometric Notice's PDF copy once they have sent the hard copy to you.

The receipt number starts with NBC. We received an update e-mail/text today saying that a fingerprint appointment notice had been mailed. :dancing:

I'm curious to know why the case is NBC instead of IOE? From what I've read people using the March 2016 (current) N-400 form seem to be getting IOE case numbers. I also read that some case numbers converted from NBC to IOE with a second NOA letter mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I used the new form, and I got IOE outright. If you used the new form, it should have been IOE, but getting NBC numbers from sending the new form has happened to people too. I guess you never receive the NOA that tells you to set up the online account then? IOE filers may face a delay, but I do find the PDF access convenient.

The receipt number starts with NBC. We received an update e-mail/text today saying that a fingerprint appointment notice had been mailed. :dancing:

I'm curious to know why the case is NBC instead of IOE? From what I've read people using the March 2016 (current) N-400 form seem to be getting IOE case numbers. I also read that some case numbers converted from NBC to IOE with a second NOA letter mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I used the new form, and I got IOE outright. If you used the new form, it should have been IOE, but getting NBC numbers from sending the new form has happened to people too. I guess you never receive the NOA that tells you to set up the online account then? IOE filers may face a delay, but I do find the PDF access convenient.

That was my understanding, which is why we were expecting the IOE case number having used the new form. We didn't receive any NOA beyond the first one with the NBC case number.

Fortunately we haven't had any issues with things being sent by mail throughout this entire process beginning over 4 years ago, but online access is definitely more convenient for being able to check on document updates and provide correspondence with USCIS.

Folks, I finally received NOA in mail any it is dated 9/7/2016, looks like I will need to move to September fillers topic :)

or do I still stay in August filers?

I would like to stay here as I filed in August and there is literally no activity in September filers section

GC date: 11/19/2013
N400 sent: 8/24/2016
Cashed: 9/8/2016
NOA: 9/7/2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That was my understanding, which is why we were expecting the IOE case number having used the new form. We didn't receive any NOA beyond the first one with the NBC case number.

Fortunately we haven't had any issues with things being sent by mail throughout this entire process beginning over 4 years ago, but online access is definitely more convenient for being able to check on document updates and provide correspondence with USCIS.

You are the 3rd person that I am aware of who has received an NBC number even though you filed using the new N400 form (all in September). This might indicate the major change in the way USCIS is dealing with their new ELIS platform.

You are the 3rd person that I am aware of who has received an NBC number even though you filed using the new N400 form (all in September). This might indicate the major change in the way USCIS is dealing with their new ELIS platform.

Hi,

I got NBC* number as well. (Applied from CA, mailed new N400 to Arizona)

Timeline

HeatGun, where in the L.A. area do you live? You're sure your field office is the one in downtown?

Hi,

HeatGun, where in the L.A. area do you live? You're sure your field office is the one in downtown?

In Santa Monica,

yes my field Office is going to be Downtown Los Angeles

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for the input. That's 4 out of 4 cases so far. I see a pattern forming...

Timeline

Is it possible that the Phoenix facility is catering to field officers that haven't rolled out ELIS? We already thought San Jose hasn't; and HeatGun's is the downtown L.A. one, biggest of the three within L.A. county...

Thanks for the input. That's 4 out of 4 cases so far. I see a pattern forming...

Timeline

With an IOE number you can set up an account online where you'll have access to PDFs of the files they've sent you, so no more worries of lost mails.

Nevertheless, it's been shown that cases with NBC numbers are being processed faster. If you check previous months' filers, the DTLA office is struggling with even getting people in line for interview...

thejaguar and vanhiscers87

Whats the deal with NBC and or IOE numbers? what does it matter? is IOE better in term of faster processing ?

Edited by vanhiscers87

Timeline

Is it possible that the Phoenix facility is catering to field officers that haven't rolled out ELIS? We already thought San Jose hasn't; and HeatGun's is the downtown L.A. one, biggest of the three within L.A. county...

Not necessarily - Phoenix caters to a large number of field offices, some of which have rolled out ELIS and some that haven't. One San Jose applicant (IOE) received an interview notice, which we thought meant that San Jose had rolled out ELIS, but it now appears that USCIS might be moving all ELIS cases to CLAIMS4.

thejaguar and vanhiscers87

Whats the deal with NBC and or IOE numbers? what does it matter? is IOE better in term of faster processing ?

NBC was the old platform that has been used for a while now, but they have been in the process of changing over to a new platform ELIS that has been under work for 3+ years. The new platform is supposed to reduce the number of manual steps significantly and also streamline the entire process and make it a lot more efficient. On paper, this looks great, but the implementation has been a nightmare and it only made things worse and increased delays. Due to the issues with ELIS system, people who were filing with the old N400 form were being processed faster than the ones filing with the newer ELIS based form. It now appears that USCIS might have switched back to using the old system, but we don't know for sure yet.

Just back from biometrics. Thank fully, my super-moisturising plan paid off and my hands are super smooth and it went without a hitch. Wish I had managed to go in sooner because the traffic in SF sucks in the morning, but I don't suppose it really makes much of a difference.

Now, I shall twiddle my thumbs until interview. Oh, I guess I should read this studying for the test booklet they gave me, huh?

In regards to #s - I applied via Phoenix, because I'm in CA. My NOA letter came from the NBC and I have an IOE#. Not sure if that's good or bad for whoever is keeping track right now. I got 2 NOA letters - one about setting up the online account and one regular NOA.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.