thrashunreal

NOA2 now whaaaaat? (LONDON)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been browsing on here but wondered - does anyone have a timeframe of how things are going to move from this point?

We just received our NOA2.

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

Yes, up at the top of the web page you have Immigration Timelines, Processing Times, Guides, and Portals.

Use them to get an idea of the steps and how long.

Good luck.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

So you should have your LND Number in about a week? I was actually able to find mine a little earlier, There sa way to do it. If your in a rush you can save a few days. As soon as you have you number you can book the medical and get your interview appointment. S

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I was approved June 8th still waiting for NVC to receive my case from USCIS it's been over 4 weeks now.

Also other people with similar approvals mostly haven't reached NVC either we keep getting similar answers- can take upto 6 weeks.

But not every situation is the same I hope yours gets there sooner. A while back it was getting there within 2 weeks or so... Now, not so much.

I think the different countries have different timeframes. Uk seems to be pretty quick. It may be that you can find your Number before you receive the letter. I was given the details through another member on how to find your number before the letter is posted to you. If anyone is interested Ill try to find the post showing how to do it ..

How to Find Out WHEN Your Case Number was Assigned

For those that don't call every single day and want to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].

For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

Uk seems to be pretty quick. ..

Not according to VJ timeline data. See eleven consulate graphs. London slowest of the ones posted. http://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone my medical is booked next Friday, got Nvc number even though not arrived at embassy in London, now can you tell me step by step fill in DS160 ( how do I pay for visa fee and do I do that first before booking interview, I just want to get the whole thing out of the way done with so I can relax finally, so really would appreciate a simple step by step to do list, thank you

Hi everyone my medical is booked next Friday, got Nvc number even though not arrived at embassy in London, now can you tell me step by step fill in DS160 ( how do I pay for visa fee and do I do that first before booking interview, I just want to get the whole thing out of the way done with so I can relax finally, so really would appreciate a simple step by step to do list, thank you

Hopefully you have your immunizations sorted and your police certificate since it's required at the medical. Rushing into something without knowing the details can bite you later. London provides instructions. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ for the steps. See the additional links on that page (right side) as well.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I think the different countries have different timeframes. Uk seems to be pretty quick. It may be that you can find your Number before you receive the letter. I was given the details through another member on how to find your number before the letter is posted to you. If anyone is interested Ill try to find the post showing how to do it ..

We would be really interested in finding out how to find our case number before the NVC letter arrives. We received our NOA2 on 15 June ....and understand sometimes the NVC can be slow at answering emails.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received!

We would be really interested in finding out how to find our case number before the NVC letter arrives. We received our NOA2 on 15 June ....and understand sometimes the NVC can be slow at answering emails.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received!

NVC 603-334-0888

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to midnight (EST).

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Im sooo confused.. if u don't call them and wait will the "letter" come to me in England or me Fiance in USA ?

• NOA1 Received 15th March 2016

• RFE (via app) 30th June 201

• RFE Received 5th July 2016

• RFE sent back 11th July 2016

• RFE Received 13th July 2016

• NOA2 (via website) Approved 19th July 2016 :dance: (4 months 4 Days)

• N0A2 Hard-copy by Post 23 July 2016

• NVC Case number received 02 Aug 2016

• Left NVC 03 Aug 2016

• Letter from Embassy UK (received my case) 19th Aug 2016

• Police report received 19th Aug 2016

• Medical 30 Aug 2016

• Interview 14 Sep 2016 APPROVED

• Case changed to AP 15 Sep 2016

• Enter USA Chicago IL 17th October 2016

• WEDDING 10th December 2016

• TRYING TO WORK OUT AOS NOW 

Im sooo confused.. if u don't call them and wait will the "letter" come to me in England or me Fiance in USA ?

The NVC notifies the petitioner in the US that the case has been forwarded on to London.

The Immigrant Visa Unit in London notifies the beneficiary that the approved petition has been received, and gives Instructions on how to apply for the visa. The "instruction" Is basically to go to a specific web page to find the London step-by-step process. Both letters will have the new Dept of State case number. The NVC tends to be slow sending out the notification and the case is often already in London and the beneficiary notified before the petitioner hears from NVC.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

The NVC notifies the petitioner in the US that the case has been forwarded on to London.

The Immigrant Visa Unit in London notifies the beneficiary that the approved petition has been received, and gives Instructions on how to apply for the visa. The "instruction" Is basically to go to a specific web page to find the London step-by-step process. Both letters will have the new Dept of State case number. The NVC tends to be slow sending out the notification and the case is often already in London and the beneficiary

Edited by Starkk2525
  • NOA1 Received 15th March 2016

• RFE (via app) 30th June 201

• RFE Received 5th July 2016

• RFE sent back 11th July 2016

• RFE Received 13th July 2016

• NOA2 (via website) Approved 19th July 2016 :dance: (4 months 4 Days)

• N0A2 Hard-copy by Post 23 July 2016

• NVC Case number received 02 Aug 2016

• Left NVC 03 Aug 2016

• Letter from Embassy UK (received my case) 19th Aug 2016

• Police report received 19th Aug 2016

• Medical 30 Aug 2016

• Interview 14 Sep 2016 APPROVED

• Case changed to AP 15 Sep 2016

• Enter USA Chicago IL 17th October 2016

• WEDDING 10th December 2016

• TRYING TO WORK OUT AOS NOW 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.