Ken y Barbie 03

K1 expiration Date

3 posts in this topic

My fiancé and I got approved on Feb 19th, since then I've been getting a lot of paper work to go to USA without pendings... I haven't finished the things I have to get done (I'm a Doctor and I have to get a Lot of Documents done so I can take my Licensing examination when I get there) and my K1 visa expires on August 21th.. I want to finally move to USA on August 18th, Do you think I will have any problem to wait until 3 days before my exp date to go???

thanks in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Your visa is valid until the expiration date printed on the visa. However, suggest that you don't wait until the last minute, you never know if there may be some unexpected or unforeseen travel delay that could cause you to have to travel after the expiration date of the visa, that could cause you some grief.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

~Moved from WST-based AOS to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Inquiry about visa travel, not AOS-related~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

3 days before the visa expires is fine, but as said, I wouldn't cut it any closer, just in case there are travel delays.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.