Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 11/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, GegeAli said:

Omg is a long time..why Egypt do that I’m from Los Angelos my husband from Egypt he was have a interview August 15 but officer request more paper ...he send all the paper next day after that know news I send a message for them from America and they told me telll your husband send a passport...after he send a passport I found out he is administrative processing but embassy told me when u send a passport that a final ....

yes that is correct that is a good sign, wish for you to hear a good news soon

Timeline
On 12/1/2017 at 12:03 PM, Yasser&Neveen said:

she said the embassy is wrapping up the AP and notes says they will contact my fiance soon to request to send a new medical exam and her passport.  

That is a good sign 

Timeline
On 12/6/2017 at 1:44 PM, GegeAli said:

Please anyone know Egypt visa number I can talk to them every time I send a message to them they never check just send same message all the time Please how I contact them I need a number Egypt ambasy 

That because it's still in same step that they are processing , ( processing can be one step or many steps ) just be patient and follow with them every week.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:23 AM, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello Everyone,

when some one has been asked to submit a mew medical exam and the passport after being on AP for a while, is that a good sign?

Thank you.

absolutely yes, wish for you to hear a good news soon. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Halalbrother said:

Salam Alaykum brother, How are you and how long are you in AP ?

Alaykum essalam w rahmatu ALLAH 

a year and two weeks and el7amdulellah for everything 

how is your life going? I hope very well ... I always pray for u and others 

Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 5:43 PM, JISSA08111 said:

Hi Everyone!

It has been a while since I posted in VJ. 

I will tell you a little bit about our case:

My husband and I have been married for 3 years and a half. I submitted my I130 petition 1 month after we got married. It has been a nightmare but we are hanging to our hopes and dreams. 

My husband had his 1st interview 10/26/16 and he was put under AP. The consul was not very friendly and did not let my husband talk. After like 7 or 8 months, the case was sent back to USCIS, where it took a year and some months. We hired a Lawyer and we filed a Mandamus Law; Within a month, we got a reply form USCIS with a NOIR; We gathered all the proofs we could and sent a 5" binder to them. It took 30 days for them to answer, and they reaffirmed it. 

After reaffirmed, it was sent to NVC within a week, and to Cairo Embassy within a week. After that, it was updating often and within 2 weeks, my husband got a call for Medicals and police to be renewed. When we sent it, they called right away for an interview date. 

Second interview was last Monday 01/15/18, and interview was good. Officer was very nice and polite (a different officer); and at the end of the interview, he asked my husband for the Marriage Certificate, he gave it to him and Officer asked for the Original one (My husband believe that they stayed with the one with the pictures on it when he had the first interview, or he lost it), but he got another one from the ministry (without pictures), and translated it. Officer was kind of unsecured on whether to accept it or not. My husband gave him the certified translation, he took it, went back and came back with a sad face, and told my husband that he needed to investigate before he could issue a visa and handed him a 221g; officer stayed with all documents and passport and here we are again in the waiting game :wacko:.

Any advises? Do you guys think it will take long or is just a matter of weeks?

I sent an email to the embassy letting them know that I have one of the originals with pictures, and that I could send it to them, but they replied same generic answer about being on AP.:(

I'm really sorry to hear about that, that means there is something is causing them to put him in AP like that. AP now is routine even if you don't have to go to AP , I'm really sorry to hear about that , always be optimistic.

Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 6:40 PM, JISSA08111 said:

Thank you guys! 

Question, do you know if there're different types of 221g given in Cairo?

The first time they gave my husband one, it said 221g. The document they handed to him now, doesn't say 221g nowhere.  

221g is AP document that will highlight or marked with that is missing or what need to be review before making any decision. 

Timeline
On 1/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, JISSA08111 said:

We got our visa issued today!!!!

I am still in shock. Hope the best for you all...

Wooohooo I'm so happy for you guys. sorry about responding so late.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mohd Al Said said:

W alyakom al sallam for me im close to 9 months

don't worry you will get approved soon, just contact them and your wife too, and call NVC ask for status. did they ask you during this 9 month to do anything ?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

Alaykum essalam w rahmatu ALLAH 

a year and two weeks and el7amdulellah for everything 

how is your life going? I hope very well ... I always pray for u and others 

I'm good Alhamdulilah, how long are you in AP ? you said a year and two months ?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MrAhmed said:

W alyakom al sallam for me

the second interview day 12 septamper 2017 ..  AP
Update day 3 October 2017
 Update  day 17 October 2017
.... Until now  AP :huh: 

don't worry it's processing now and they will contact you soon in sha Allah, just enjoy your time and be happy with your wife and leave it don't make it bother you.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Halalbrother said:

I'm good Alhamdulilah, how long are you in AP ? you said a year and two months ?

I am glad for you, always InshaAllah 

A year and two weeks, 12 and a half months

my interview was January 11, 2017

Edited by Ayman taha

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

I am glad for you, always InshaAllah 

A year and two weeks, 12 and a half months

my interview was January 11, 2017

Sorry to hear that you are still in AP, but did you get any update during that time ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.