Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, Mohd Al Said said:

Nody when was you're interview?

My interview was June 7th , but I couldn't have my medical exam by that time. They got my medical exam on June 18th.. then they had a lot of holidays " Eid , 30th of June, 4th of July"

Which means 12 business days!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Super Uber said:

I see that it says closed today. There's no obvious reason why it should be: no Egyptian or American holidays.

So unless Google is wrong, they're open. Also, they might just be closed to the public only, and there might an official visiting the embassy like their president - but it is supposed to be a normal working day.

Could be ... we won't really know.

They also updated the case last update from June 18th to today's date July 10th! But I think that's normal cause I've read before someone here said that whenever they sent him/her an email the case last update changed to the same date of their response!

Timeline

Ooh okay, i dont think they need a lot of time around 1 to 2 months. For me im still waiting 3 months + inshallah soon i'll be out of it

InshAllah all of us soon!!

Some people here are waiting for + 7 momths and others got it after 9 months!! SubhanAllah it's a test from Allah. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nody said:

Some people here are waiting for + 7 momths and others got it after 9 months!! SubhanAllah it's a test from Allah. 

Inshallah ya rab 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Nody said:

I think it's closed to the public only cause they responded my email today.

"The email that I sent on July 4th".

The sent me that!

Dear Madam,
Please note that we have received the medical exam, the case now is under the officer’s review.

Best regards,
Cosular Section,
F.H

they already sent me before to say that they received the medical report and I'm on AP and bla bla bla...  

so the officer's review is the same thing of AP but in different words I think. Lol

No, it's not the same, Nody. I think your case is actually currently processing. Which means that the officer has your file with him and is currently in queue for processing, so you're just waiting in a line that's probably short.

On which address do you email them? And at what times during the day do you send it?

22 minutes ago, Nody said:

They also updated the case last update from June 18th to today's date July 10th! But I think that's normal cause I've read before someone here said that whenever they sent him/her an email the case last update changed to the same date of their response!

That's correct.

22 minutes ago, Nody said:

True. We really don't know if going there is not good or bad for us anyway. We only have to do our Istikhara and rely on Allah to choose for us and guide us. After that, in either cases, denial or approval is always good for us.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

No, it's not the same, Nody. I think your case is actually currently processing. Which means that the officer has your file with him and is currently in queue for processing, so you're just waiting in a line that's probably short.

On which address do you email them? And at what times during the day do you send it?

That's correct.

True. We really don't know if going there is not good or bad for us anyway. We only have to do our Istikhara and rely on Allah to choose for us and guide us. After that, in either cases, denial or approval is always good for us.

Can be denial after ap !! 

Timeline

Can be denial after ap !! 

Yes, it can happen but I haven't heard of it or read about it before. In theory, a person who's background checks returns positive can be considered inadmissible to the U.S.. Hence, a denial. But even that can be appealed, I think, through a waiver or smth.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Yes, it can happen but I haven't heard of it or read about it before. In theory, a person who's background checks returns positive can be considered inadmissible to the U.S.. Hence, a denial. But even that can be appealed, I think, through a waiver or smth.

Alhamdella im clean hope everything going well asap inshallah

Timeline
Just now, Super Uber said:

That's correct.

True. We really don't know if going there is not good or bad for us anyway. We only have to do our Istikhara and rely on Allah to choose for us and guide us. After that, in either cases, denial or approval is always good for us.

I email them on that email address

cairoiv@state.gov 

I usually email them in the morning from 7 ~ 9 am..

Of course only Allah knows the best. I'm praying Istkhara and make Duaa for all of us. Whatever happens it's Allah's will..

Alhamdulillah for everything..

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Can i ask you please? How many update you got till now?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mohd Al Said said:

Can i ask you please? How many update you got till now?

Before April, I had many updates but only because I called NVC or emailed the embassy. Until one day I decided to ignore moving to the U.S completely. 9 days later I received a call from them saying I was approved.

During those 9 days there were updates on the case for sure, I just never saw them so I don't know how many really.

On April they approved the case, and ever since there has been no updates at all. Not even if I called or emailed.

The case is frozen or seems like so. I have another thread here in the forum about this and none seems to know why.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Before April, I had many updates but only because I called NVC or emailed the embassy. Until one day I decided to ignore moving to the U.S completely. 9 days later I received a call from them saying I was approved.

During those 9 days there were updates on the case for sure, I just never saw them so I don't know how many really.

On April they approved the case, and ever since there has been no updates at all. Not even if I called or emailed.

The case is frozen or seems like so. I have another thread here in the forum about this and none seems to know why.

Why don't you ask an attorney in the U.S. ? They have their own ways with the embassies to understand why the case is frozen ! It costs a lot of money, but they do something that you or your fiancee can't do!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Super Uber said:

Inshallah bro soon you'll hear something good from them. For me i have 8 update since interview 28-3-2017 hope to hear sth from them soon

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Nody said:

Why don't you ask an attorney in the U.S. ? They have their own ways with the embassies to understand why the case is frozen ! It costs a lot of money, but they do something that you or your fiancee can't do!

That's not entirely true. I have an attorney and they can do nothing about it. In fact, the attorney referred me to the congressman to ask about the case. And even told me that the embassy has the right to hold your case for as long as they see fit under AP.

As I explained before, frozen meant that the status was simply not updated after a call or inquiry .. this happens after approval and is normal but what is not normal is that it's taking this long to print the visa out. The case only updates after that when the visa is issued and/or printed.

1 minute ago, Mohd Al Said said:

Inshallah bro soon you'll hear something good from them. For me i have 8 update since interview 28-3-2017 hope to hear sth from them soon

In shaa Allah. Also, are you sure you didn't get the 8 updates because you called or emailed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.