Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Need Help!

I called NVC today because of today's post about calling NVC and they giving information. When I called the lady told me at some point in June the embassy was trying to contact me, that I need to contact the embassy. I wonder when did they call me, because I always have my phone with me and no messages or missed calls. I do remember that a man called and as soon as I answered he said that he had the wrong number. I number from Maryland. It is a coincidence that that day was the same day of my last update. What should I do? Please Advise!!!

email the embassy n ask for updates on ur case like I did today.. Good luck!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes definitely contact the embassy.

I wonder what reason they have for calling the petitioner instead of the beneficiary. They can't return the passport to the person in the US...

Also why would they not use email, especially if they couldn't reach you by phone? The embassy emailed our packet 3 so they should have that (plus I've emailed them since we've been in AP as well)

I'll be interested to hear what they say. Please report back.

Hopefully they have your visa and just couldn't reach you...

Fingers crossed for good news!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so nerveous that I doubt I will sleep today. Why would they want to talk to me? I have never heard something like that. I pray God to help me on this.

email the embassy n ask for updates on ur case like I did today.. Good luck!?

Timeline

dillygoose,

Those are my same questions. Why would they contact me, and why didn't they send an email stating that they could not get ahold of me? Why didn't the call my husband?

I just emailde them. Does anybody here has had any luck calling Cairo embassy? I remember I contactedd someone via Skype. I don't even remember how I did that.

Yes definitely contact the embassy.

I wonder what reason they have for calling the petitioner instead of the beneficiary. They can't return the passport to the person in the US...

Also why would they not use email, especially if they couldn't reach you by phone? The embassy emailed our packet 3 so they should have that (plus I've emailed them since we've been in AP as well)

I'll be interested to hear what they say. Please report back.

Hopefully they have your visa and just couldn't reach you...
Fingers crossed for good news!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There is a phone number listed on the contact us page of ustraveldocs.com/eg

I called that and spoke to a person. That's the embassy help line.

There is probably a number listed on the embassy website. Not sure if anyone answers that. But it's worth trying!

Maybe they just had a simple question and they answered it some other way.

Try not to worry. You'll find out more once they respond to you. (Which would probably be sometime tomorrow)

Timeline

Jissa,

If you want specific information I would suggest to email the embassy because the call center will tell you we didn't know if you have any questions email them we cant have any information for immigration visa please contact them, that what exactly I always got to call the call center.

My advice is make an inquiry as you emailed them and also tell your husband to call the embassy they are working from 7 am to 7 pm.

Wish for you the best.

Timeline

Thank you guys!!!! you are the best. How do I call that number from US? I found this number in website:

(20-2) 2797 3300 Fax: (20-2) 2797 3200

This is the number I always call 16872
Guys please if you have a different number please share it.

Thanks.

Timeline

I also found this one on my phone: 20-2-2797-2301

Thank you guys!!!! you are the best. How do I call that number from US? I found this number in website:

(20-2) 2797 3300 Fax: (20-2) 2797 3200

Timeline

Well, the Embassy answered me back. The case was sent back to NVC for adjudication. What does that mean? :(

omg.. Damn... Meaning that they doesn't find any reason to approved or deny the case.. Edited by bookman

Timeline

Well, the Embassy answered me back. The case was sent back to NVC for adjudication. What does that mean? :(

sorry to hear abt this girl.. It's just another long wait.. NVC will review the case n then send it back to the embassy for another interview..

Timeline

Oh My God!

Is it denied?

What is the procedure?

What's the proper name for this?

sorry to hear abt this girl.. It's just another long wait.. NVC will review the case n then send it back to the embassy for another interview..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.