sunshinestatenick

Question regarding birth certificate, London DCF

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I have just joined as a newbie to this form. A little background, my husband and I are currently living in the UK and have submitted the I-130 form DCF in London and received notice of receipt on 25 May 2016.

As a person that plans ahead, I have looked at the required documents that we will need come the interview (I know looking VERY far ahead!). I have noticed that one of the required documents is my husbands birth certificate. The problem is that it states that he needs to have both his mother and father listed on the birth certificate and he only has his mother listed on it. He doesn't know who his father is nor does he have any name/information about him.

Will this cause a problem come interview time? There is no way to correct the birth certificate. Also, on the form I-130 we left the details where it asks for a fathers name blank as he doesn't have one and am now wondering if this will also cause problems.

Any advice/reassurance would be appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have just joined as a newbie to this form. A little background, my husband and I are currently living in the UK and have submitted the I-130 form DCF in London and received notice of receipt on 25 May 2016.

As a person that plans ahead, I have looked at the required documents that we will need come the interview (I know looking VERY far ahead!). I have noticed that one of the required documents is my husbands birth certificate. The problem is that it states that he needs to have both his mother and father listed on the birth certificate and he only has his mother listed on it. He doesn't know who his father is nor does he have any name/information about him.

Will this cause a problem come interview time? There is no way to correct the birth certificate. Also, on the form I-130 we left the details where it asks for a fathers name blank as he doesn't have one and am now wondering if this will also cause problems.

I can't say anything definitely here, but the line of thinking is what other documentation could they possibly want? There's definitely no possibility of getting a birth certificate with the father's name. The only other documentation one might be able to add is an affidavit from his mother stating these facts? I really doubt this will be a problem.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

What London is requesting the parents to be on the birth certificate because there is another type that does not list the parents.

My husband has his original birth certificate, but it's not the "long form" rather identified by "short form" both are legal. But Embassy wants the long form style- they will understand if a biological parent is not listed I'm sure. It's common enough in the States not too odd for UK I would imagine.

My husband had to order a new birth certificate because his parents never ordered the long one before so had no idea of it. (Was a minor debate between us. Lol You know the foreigner telling the citizen of their country how it's done in their country. I had to show him the VJ threads and print out Embassy page requesting specific item.)

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

They want the long form one that has a place for parent names. Having only a mother's name is completely fine. Other people going through London have had the same situation.

Anywhere asking for father's name should be answered "unknown" rather than left blank. That way it clarifies he does not know who his father is, rather than he accidentally forgot to answer the question.

You aren't preparing that far ahead. Now is the time to gather the documents. The police certificate and shot records are needed for the medical so get those sorted as they may take a few weeks. Some GP offices are difficult to get in to for your shots.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thank you everyone for your responses! You have all reassured me about the birth certificate situation. I figured that it would be common for there to be many other people in the same situation as him but the guidance wasn't that great on the website.

We have submitted the ACRO application online so now just waiting for that to come in the post. Have to get (i.e. nag) hubby to contact the doctors for the vaccination records.

The worst part so far has been the waiting around to hear from the embassy! The notice of submission of form I-130 stated anywhere between 45-60 days to hear whether or not the I-130 was approved. Thus brings the wait to around mid July. Fingers crossed!

The worst part so far has been the waiting around to hear from the embassy! The notice of submission of form I-130 stated anywhere between 45-60 days to hear whether or not the I-130 was approved. Thus brings the wait to around mid July. Fingers crossed!

That is really not that long. Regular IR1/CR1 filers wait a year for their visa. Yours is actually a pretty quick process. I know some people have said their NHS office wouldn't even talk to them about immunizations for 3-4 weeks so get a call in. You don't have to see the doctor. The shot nurse or travel nurse can do it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.