We Keep Receipts

Trump Supporter Milo Yiannopoulos Furthers Racial Hatred At DePaul University

17 posts in this topic

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/06/07/3785678/milo-trump-depaul/

When conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos came to speak at DePaul University on May 24, tensions were already running high on the Chicago campus.

During the course of the year, DePaul’s Black Student Union had been repeatedly meeting and negotiating with the administration about ongoing hate at the university. DePaul College Republicans, who invited Yiannopoulos to speak, had just coordinated the chalking of phrases like “Blue Lives Matter” and “Trump Train 2016” on school grounds in April — an incident that led to the banning of chalk on sidewalks.

Things only got more heated when it was announced the school would host Yiannopoulos as part of his “Dangerous Faggot” college tour. A far-right incendiary speaker and journalist, Yiannopoulos first rose to fame by providing controversial coverage around the Gamergate controversy.

An online petition with over 400 signatures was submitted to the administration, asking them to respond more comprehensively to the chalkings and to cancel the Yiannopoulos event. Shortly thereafter, Strong DePaul, a student group for women of color, with the support of the Department of African and Black Diaspora Studies, also emailed the school’s administration begging them to stop Milo Yiannopoulos’ appearance — certain that it would only fuel more hatred.

“Queerphobia, xenophobia, racism against Muslims and other Brown people is just as disruptive and apparent on our campus,” said Victoria, a Women’s and Gender Studies major who works at DePaul’s Center for Identity, Inclusion and Social Change, and did not want her full name used. “A lot of organizing has been centered around trying to hear everyone.”

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/06/07/3785678/milo-trump-depaul/

When conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos came to speak at DePaul University on May 24, tensions were already running high on the Chicago campus.

During the course of the year, DePaul’s Black Student Union had been repeatedly meeting and negotiating with the administration about ongoing hate at the university. DePaul College Republicans, who invited Yiannopoulos to speak, had just coordinated the chalking of phrases like “Blue Lives Matter” and “Trump Train 2016” on school grounds in April — an incident that led to the banning of chalk on sidewalks.

Things only got more heated when it was announced the school would host Yiannopoulos as part of his “Dangerous Faggot” college tour. A far-right incendiary speaker and journalist, Yiannopoulos first rose to fame by providing controversial coverage around the Gamergate controversy.

An online petition with over 400 signatures was submitted to the administration, asking them to respond more comprehensively to the chalkings and to cancel the Yiannopoulos event. Shortly thereafter, Strong DePaul, a student group for women of color, with the support of the Department of African and Black Diaspora Studies, also emailed the school’s administration begging them to stop Milo Yiannopoulos’ appearance — certain that it would only fuel more hatred.

“Queerphobia, xenophobia, racism against Muslims and other Brown people is just as disruptive and apparent on our campus,” said Victoria, a Women’s and Gender Studies major who works at DePaul’s Center for Identity, Inclusion and Social Change, and did not want her full name used. “A lot of organizing has been centered around trying to hear everyone.”

We cant have a bunch of different opinions and people running around with any thought that does not fit the mold, on College campuses. I mean someone writing Blue Lives matter in chalk.. Thats so out there

So is this one of those agenda driven posts we discussed that has non baiting fairy dust on it

We cant have a bunch of different opinions and people running around with any thought that does not fit the mold, on College campuses. I mean someone writing Blue Lives matter in chalk.. Thats so out there

So is this one of those agenda driven posts we discussed that has non baiting fairy dust on it

Since if you kill a cop, you go to jail or death, I'm pretty sure everyone knows their lives matter. But leaving a noose hanging out or writing F Mexico? Not so much.

No baiting here, just fostering some healthy debate. Unless you want me to bait you?

The Gators suck! There you go...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Since if you kill a cop, you go to jail or death, I'm pretty sure everyone knows their lives matter. But leaving a noose hanging out or writing F Mexico? Not so much.

No baiting here, just fostering some healthy debate. Unless you want me to bait you?

The Gators suck! There you go...

Gators suck is not baiting. Everyone knows that

This is Marvin bait since you brought SEC football into it

12439025_1179390705405068_15408340133646

Shucks. I need to find a better trigger word for you.

Just because he agrees with him, doesn't mean he's right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I believe that these kind of idiots should be allowed to speak on campuses, unless there's some sort of genuine issue relating to public order that the campus authorities have reason to believe will arise. I'm with Marv that hanging nooses is a no-no, but I don't care about chalked up sidewalks and idiots chanting catchphrases in the absence of any real physical threats. I think giving morons enough rope to hang themselves is usually the best course of affairs.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Shucks. I need to find a better trigger word for you.

Just because he agrees with him, doesn't mean he's right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Unless of course you go to a brain dead liberal University like Depaul or University of Missouri of etc etc

I believe that these kind of idiots should be allowed to speak on campuses, unless there's some sort of genuine issue relating to public order that the campus authorities have reason to believe will arise. I'm with Marv that hanging nooses is a no-no, but I don't care about chalked up sidewalks and idiots chanting catchphrases in the absence of any real physical threats. I think giving morons enough rope to hang themselves is usually the best course of affairs.

On that we can agree. BTW the Yiannopolos is gay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love Herschel. I used to see him all the time, mostly at the car wash.

His wife was white girl.......

I love Herschel. I used to see him all the time, mostly at the car wash.

His wife was white girl.......

Yup I went to high school with him. Not sure Cindy being white is relllevant in anyway however

Freedom of speech is just that. Just hate when the ignorance and hatred begets violence.

Unless of course you go to a brain dead liberal University like Depaul or University of Missouri of etc etc

Nothing wrong with Missouri U. Know plenty of good folks come from there...

Yup I went to high school with him. Not sure Cindy being white is relllevant in anyway however

It is to some people who see a black man marrying a white woman as a come up.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Freedom of speech is just that. Just hate when the ignorance and hatred begets violence.

Nothing wrong with Missouri U. Know plenty of good folks come from there...

It is to some people who see a black man marrying a white woman as a come up.

Yes hatred begets violence like the anti Trump protests and the people that burned ST. Louis because Mike Brown got killed while trying to assassinate a cop.

As for H. Walker She was not really white she was Italian

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

Yes hatred begets violence like the anti Trump protests and the people that burned ST. Louis because Mike Brown got killed while trying to assassinate a cop.

As for H. Walker She was not really white she was Italian

Just like the folks who beat up that protester at the Trump rally, getting spit on, and advocating people to get "roughed" up. Different side of the same coin.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Italian is still classified as white. I did 3 years in Sicily. Sicilians are considered the "black folks" of Italy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg