Jump to content

how to obtain original birth extrait from national archive in Port Au Prince Haiti

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, My husband and I are currently in the process of getting his Visa for the US, we submitted all needed documents, including what he had for a birth certificate from Haiti. The NVC responded letting us know that what we submitted is not what they need. when I called for explanation I was advised that what they need is an "extrait of birth" from the National Archive in Port Au Prince Haiti.
I do not know exactly what this is, how it differs from his birth certificate, or how to obtain this extrait.
Can anyone with this knowledge please help?

Edited by soncherib

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meaning u need a certify certificate from the place in paup

Good luck with that bc everything is a long process with that place

Just to fix a mistake on a document they made will take a month to get back smh.

But being that you have the birtcertificate already u just need the certify copy,so it might not take long to get.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.