tkelt

My medical is on Friday in Montreal and I am freaking out!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

AH!

I leave tomorrow for Montreal (driving there from the Maritimes), and I am so freaked out and panicked that I am going to forget something CRUCIAL.

Here is what I am bringing with me:

- 5 U.S. passport sized photos

- vaccination records (TDAP, MMR, flu shot, and I had chicken pox when I was a kid so I'm just supposed to tell them roughly what dates?)

- my prescription medication. I take celexa daily for anxiety, and I got a letter from my doctor saying "This patient takes x dose daily for anxiety. This keeps her symptoms well-controlled." This is sufficient, right? I called Medisys, and they confirmed that that's all I needed but I'm so scared that I will get there and they'll expect a more thorough letter re: mental health. I really DO just have anxiety.

- passport

- glasses/my eyeglass prescription

- letter confirming my interview with the case # (all I did was print this off from the e-mail they sent me with the information ... it's nothing "official" is this a problem?)

As far as medical records go, do I need to bring anything else at all? I have no major health issues or anything like that.

I'M SO SCARED :( I am terrified of one little thing going wrong UGH!!!! what am I forgetting? how do I relax?!?!

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/19/2016

Packet 4 Confirmation Received: 04/20/2016

Scheduled medical and interview - 04/20/2016

Medical - 06/09/2016 - read my review!

Interview - 06/29/2016 - APPROVED - read my review!

Visa Issued - 07/05/2016

Visa shipped by Purolator - 07/07/2016

Visa in hand - 07/08/2016

POE - 08/03/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tell the VJ'ers what visa you apply for?

and follow the packet information and the embassy site

and good God, relax, we like Canadians

go in to the interview with confidence and answer quickly with honest answers

be serious as this is a serious process

printing the interview letter from email is fine / i had to forward email to my husband and have him print it out

relax

Timeline

Sorry, I'm applying for a K1 visa!

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/19/2016

Packet 4 Confirmation Received: 04/20/2016

Scheduled medical and interview - 04/20/2016

Medical - 06/09/2016 - read my review!

Interview - 06/29/2016 - APPROVED - read my review!

Visa Issued - 07/05/2016

Visa shipped by Purolator - 07/07/2016

Visa in hand - 07/08/2016

POE - 08/03/2016

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you have your flu shot this year?? If you did and you have proof (receipt or note from your doctor), bring that with you....they will want to give you another one and charge you for it. Don't forget your money....my Medical cost me $400 (cost of the exam and xrays) Please relax, the doctor I saw as very relaxed and easy to talk to. Have a glass of wine (or beer) and a nice dinner and enjoy Montreal its a great city! As far as the interview is concerned, just make sure you have everything on your check list. One thing I did find out before I went, and was able to bring with me, is if you have been married before you will need a police records check for all your names....including your former married name. One mess up I had during my interview was I forgot a couple of trips across the boarder and when the CO asked me the last time I visited, I gave him the wrong date....he was very good and helped me remember. Hind sight, I should have reviewed this before the interview.

The only really issue I had about the whole process was the cost...being from the Maritimes, it was 2 flights to Montreal from Halifax (one for medical and one a week later for the interview) cost of the hotel, meals, medical.....etc....I used points for the flights, but all together it was over $1200 of expense. However, being 4 months in the US and with my husband it was well worth it!. Good luck and relax!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I had chickenpox as a child as well as rubella and they asked me to bring blood test proving antibodies. BUT not all embassies ask for that. I really don't mean to stress you more, sorry, but some do ask for a blood test :/

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You'll be fine! All you need is your photographs, your e-mail confirmation (it has your case number, your name, and your date on it? That's what I did!). You don't need your flu shot because it's not the time for it yet. You'll also need your passport, a second photo ID (at least I did in Vancouver?), and to know the address that you'll be staying at in the US when you move. If you've had any surgeries, you'll need to let them know that as well.

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.