montgomery

G-325A question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Getting everything in order to get the k1 for my fiancee and I noticed that she (the fiancee) wrote a few things in spanish (her native language) on the G-325A, such as the title of her past occupations at her past jobs. For example she put "cocinera" instead of "cook".

Is this going to have to be translated or does this not even matter?

I would love to have her filling out another one just to avoid complication but that isn't as simple as it sounds.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She needs to do it in English. Anything in a language other than English in your application must have a translation as well (for example, text screen shots, letters, etc).

Not necessarily. If what you are sending is for front-loading proof of relationship for the consulate, then it doesn't really need translations. That evidence is for the K-1 visa interview, and usually documents that are in English or the native language of that country are accepted. If it is something that is required by the I-129F petition, then yes, it needs to be in English or have a translation with it.

OP> Fill out all the forms and supporting documents in English. Foreign addresses can be left as is though. Just write them exactly as you would to mail them something.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Not necessarily. If what you are sending is for front-loading proof of relationship for the consulate, then it doesn't really need translations. That evidence is for the K-1 visa interview, and usually documents that are in English or the native language of that country are accepted. If it is something that is required by the I-129F petition, then yes, it needs to be in English or have a translation with it.

OP> Fill out all the forms and supporting documents in English. Foreign addresses can be left as is though. Just write them exactly as you would to mail them something.

So documents required by the I129f.....such as imbra etc. need to be in english or be translated but e-mails, messages to demonstrate an ongoing relationship can be in her native language?

I hope this is the case. I speak english and spanish. She speaks only spanish. ALL of our communication is done in spanish and I would hate to have to get a certified translation for all of our messages and emails just to prove that we have a real relationship.

How could I verify this?

Edited by montgomery

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So documents required by the I129f.....such as imbra etc. need to be in english or be translated but e-mails, messages to demonstrate an ongoing relationship can be in her native language?

I hope this is the case. I speak english and spanish. She speaks only spanish. ALL of our communication is done in spanish and I would hate to have to get a certified translation for all of our messages and emails just to prove that we have a real relationship.

How could I verify this?

You can check the I-129F instructions to see that relationship evidence is not a requirement for that form. You need to prove you have met in person within the 2 years prior to filing, and prove you are both free and willing to marry.

Put a piece of paper in front of the chat logs and paperclip them together. Label it as Chat Logs-Relationship Evidence for "Your Country/City" Consulate.

Check with your consulate's website for their instructions. They will most likely accept evidence in English and Spanish, if Spanish is the native language there.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#6

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated.

Next question......

There is a section for the applicants address for the past 5 years.

Below that there is a section for the address outside the USA if within the last year. My fiancee has ALWAYS lived outside the USA so in this case what does one do with this section?

Repeat the address that is their last one. If it is their present address, you can even put "Same as Above". The example forms here on VJ can be helpful > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.